1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas on Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 16, 2021.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Green fans too.

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Don't care about the rest of the article. Dream's going to teach him moves. Sengun's going to be UNSTOPPABLE in the post.

aaquaa, Joe Rocket and saleem like this.
  3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You mean Rockets fans? Imagine trying to compare people rooting for their top draft pick to people rooting for another team's? Laughable.

aaquaa and Zen Tabak like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You realize Sengun is a rocket right? The best rookie on the team by far.

You compared Sengun fans to Mobley fans. What’s that make you?

aaquaa likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sengun has the best IQ on the team and he is
    a Turkish league player. It's mind blowing that he's a 19 year old rookie. He reminds me of Yao Ming.

aaquaa, conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Huh? I'm not sure you understand how logic works. The Green fans aren't trolling all the threads trying to pull down Mobley - most don't actually care, he's a Cavs player (conversely, that's ALL the Mobley fans do with Green.) There are a significant number of Sengun only fans though who make idiotic threads like this which was originally titled "John Lucas is an *******." Do you understand the situation now, or do I need to break it down even more simply for you to understand that your "comeback" just made you look like even more of an idiot?

Zen Tabak likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are literally the epitome of what you claim to hate.
    You’re a Green fanboy, that’s ridiculously evident.
    You compared Mobley fans to Sengun fans.
    Do you not see the difference?

You claim to be a Rocket fan but you’re mad about Rocket fans being happy about a talented rookie actually performing. The real irony here is you hate it because the player you’re an only fan of has underperformed, and that’s stating it lightly.

Can you not see how dumb that makes you look?

Sengun is the future of this team. Green might be, as of right now the jury is still out. Hopefully he becomes a viable starting option at minimum.

Edit* There is literally no difference in Green fans and Sengun fans. Green fans have probably made more outlandish claims about his upside compared to actual results.
    And yes they’re in every thread claiming his greatness too.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I didnt say he hated Sengun. If im trusting what you say I would be trusting the coaching staff and I dont thats the problem. You guys are giving them the benefit of doubt when they deserve no such thing.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He said that about Robinson? Dude has a bit of an ego there doesn’t he?

aaquaa likes this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

If you ignore context of the season theres nothing to this comment but when you bring in the fact that they barely give Sengun minutes and when Wood is out they still start Theis. Its a slap in the face plain and simple because none of the things they were worried about happened when he got extra minutes. Its just awful coaching. I hope we have a totally different coaching staff in 2 or 3 years. Sengun is not as far back as they think he is and they've held him back. If you look at this season and you dont think theyve actually held Sengun back from prospering you dont know **** about basketball im sorry.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I have family in the NBA that came up grassroots through Lucas’s camps and AAU events. Dude has an huge ego but is a real no nonsense type who pulls no punches. Lucas lives, loves and respects the game of basketball. When these young people have behavior issues , Lucas actually gravitates towards them to try to get them on the right path. Additionally, he gives you the raw and unaltered truth regarding your game ( in colorful language too). All in all, I’m betting he loves Sengun and wants to see him get even better. But I guarantee you he’s riding Green’s, Christopher’s and Porter Jr’s ass too. It’s just how he is.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m a fan of hard old school coaching. I have no problem with that. His quote last night was taken out of context, I don’t have an issue with what he said after hearing the whole thing.
    Still, get over yourself dude. You didn’t turn Robinson into Robinson.
    I know way too many coaches, great coaches that think they’re solely responsible for athletes success. You’re a part of it, not the reason.

Joe Rocket and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You are one of my favorite posters on ClutchFans, but I’m disappointed that you have chosen to make this a race thing. Anyone that bases anything on a pigment in skin cells is an absolute fool. There was plenty of black guys (Landry, Harrel, even Cato) that ClutchFans went Gaga over only to prove they were ok players. People are excited about Segun because of his play not the color of his skin. Other teams’ announcers, coaches, top players, all sorts of talking heads black and white have pretty much the same thing to say about Segun. Shame on you.

14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

What no one "gets" is that Lucas is talking the way he did about Sengun because he respects him and knows that he can take it....... he won't talk like that with Porter or some other mentally weak players. There is a reason Pop spoke to TD like that.... and there is a reason TD means more to Pop than anyone he has ever coached.

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

When pulling no punches leads you to sit Alperen Sengun its a ****ing problem.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Lucas is not Pop stop it.

aaquaa likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair. To me it would go over better if Lucas was closer to Pop level of coaching.

aaquaa likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The Boomers were Charmin compared to their parents and grandparents.

aaquaa and harold bingo like this.
  19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It would go over better if they played him over Theis when given the chance and gave him more minutes weeks ago. Thats the context everyone is ignoring. Sengun has a longer way to go because of them.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.