1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Lucas on Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 16, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Sengun just had the best game of his career and the best thing you can say about him is “he has a long way to go”? What an a-hole.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No Hes not. He’s ole school.

Ramo$e, hajkov, majicdonjuan and 10 others like this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its kinda like salt in the wound for those of us who have been begging for him to get more minutes. You finally give him more minutes and he produces and the response is basically meh.

Von Rafer, Ramo$e, BigggReddd and 4 others like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

what a hole in the ass

BigggReddd, aaquaa, Andre0087 and 4 others like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lucas is supposed to be a mind games guy, he does different things to push different players, let him live B.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

What? Nothing to be offended about. At least John Lucas knows how to drink some damn Gatorade in a work environment where if you turn your head left or right you’re probably liable to bump into a cup of offered Gatorade. Hell Rudy T always had his Coca-Cola.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sengun is a scrub confirmed, trade Green and Al P and build around Theis.

Ramo$e, hajkov, Deckard and 10 others like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Iko: "eh Coach, you kinda talked about playing through Al-P, there's more of confidence as the season has gone on. Thought of you seeing him up close?'

Lucas: "He's been really working on his game. Coaches allow him to post a little bit and we're playing and his passing to try to take advantage some of that. Uh he's still a long ways to go. A lot of work in progress especially defensively, but he's getting better and better. I thought he had what 11 rebounds, uh 19 points and I thought he did a good job trying to save some of his energy. Just have to continue to play through him and have him move the ball."

----------------
    Lucas also complimented him in the same sentence. Like his work effort, his stamina, and the coaches still believe to play the action through him (for his reads). Just my opinion, but it sounded like constructive criticism. Like lot of the players on the team, Al-P's a rookie. I don't think "long ways to go" is an unfair comment.

Bookemarked on the Sengun question.

#8 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Lucas is a racist

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure I'm one of Sengun's biggest fans, but come on, really? The kid can take some criticism without us getting up in arms about it--clearly Lucas said some really positive things about him as well.

And plus, regardless of what he said he did give Al-P extended minutes, so I think in this case actions speak louder than words.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Don’t pay these people any mind. These supposed fans are quick to judge and react. Another knee jerk reaction. Over Emotional and Foolish.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Its just frustrating because they will start Green and basically allow him to go out there and make mistakes and do whatever he wants, but for whatever reason they hold Sengun to a different standard...why do they not want to see him take 25 shots and play 35 minutes a game? I truly don't get it.

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You posted this in the other thread we all saw what he said not sure why reposting this is relevant.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Not everyone reads the game threads it's 50+ pages, if there's an individual thread title calling someone a-hole, that kind of strong language deserves a response with proper context.

In those interviews, Sengun said things like he basically also looked at Lucas as a head coach. I don't understand why fans are causing a wedge where there isn't any. Seems to me he values Lucas' feedback.

P.s Days from now, the game thread will be un-pinned, but if this thread is bumped in the future, the context remains.

#14 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    Deckard, aaquaa, Nook and 6 others like this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Sengun does have a long ways to go. He is going to be a top player in this league. He has got a long road to getting to the elite status he is destined for

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its not a wedge its the truth. The OP doesnt say Lucas hates Sengun he said he's an ******* because of his response. It was an ahole response with a lot of audacity at this point when people having been begging for more minutes and yeah he complimented him but barely. He said he had a long way to go defensively and thats bullshit considering the people they put ahead of him. This coaching staff has been pretty bad thus far this season. If we are gonna throw players under the bus the coaches need to have their turn under there too. These coaches are getting away with murder and people keep defending them. I dont get it. People will find a way to defend anything.

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He doesnt say a long way to go to be elite. Thats not what saying a long way to go means. He is basically saying he's not good defensively yet and thats bullshit.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I appreciate you posting it. It is good to see the sentence in context. Now we see what the question was and his entire answer, and i do not see anything wrong, he says he is not ready to be the main guy and also compliments him on a game well played. For me these comments aren't that upsetting. That he is not getting playing time is upsetting.

Sengun is by far my favorite NBA player, and I have been really annoyed with him not getting enough minutes. I do not understand starting Theis, Also when Sengun is in the game play through him. I really like playing Sengun and Augustin together. Both are smart players. You want smart players that move around next to Sengun to optimise his play making ability

19. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im just not a fan of this coaching staff. They seem to be clueless like they dont know we are rebuidling. I have never seen rotations this weird ever. Team roster screams young developing rebuild but coaching moves reek contending team they just dont mix. Its like they have two different plans.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You are really sensitive, also you took his quote out of context.