1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Htown's Finest

[​IMG]

saleem likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Silas is the guard whisperer put Murray with him and watch what happens he’s still a baby at 23.

And for those calling Murray undersized he’s 6’4

Not 6’1 or something.

#802 Rudyc281, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Murray is Lou Williams? Hahahahha

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Here is my preference, whatever happens

Edit
    1. Harden stays
    2. Denver - Murray
    3. Miami - Herro, Robinson, adding Bayo would move this to 2
    4. Philly - Simmons
    4b. Raptors - Siakam

RCPM, ashleyem and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep.

I’m starting to accept no deal will be made for harden tho I do want him gone before season.

Don’t want harden around with one foot in and one foot out.

ashleyem likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

We're not getting Murray, no way Denver does this. But MPJ, Gary Harris and picks is better than any deal for Ben Simmons. I'd also take Ingram, Ball and picks

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

The market has dried up for Harden. Reality is we start the season with him or take Siakem or Simmons. No other legitimate offers out there right now that aren’t made up on this site (Murray/Ingram).

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The market hasn't "dried up"... not by a long shot.
    Our ask is through the roof...as it should be
    Certain GM's need to come to grips with their fear and desire.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Kind makes you not want Simmons. I’ve been kind of meh on it anyway.

He is a physical specimen, but will the rest of what he needs to be a true stud in the league catch up? I’d say it’s about 35/65 that it does. Just my opinion of course.

Losing James is going to sting big time. We need to replace the scoring somewhere and that’s why I’d lean taking the Denver deal if Murray is included.

Jayzers_100, D-rock and RCPM like this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

D-rock likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’ve thought so much about this. I was wondering/hoping the Rockets could upgrade somewhere while keeping Harden/Wood. I haven’t thought much about who is a realistic target, but I’d love the Rockets to be aggressive in going this route.

Sage advice for Tilman? Sure...When does he ever take advice though?

D-rock likes this.
  12. mightybosstone

Move Miami to the bottom for me. It's not a bad package, but Herro is definitely a couple of tiers below everyone else on this list, and Robinson could end up being a one-year rental.

Also, between Murray, Simmons, Siakam and Brown, I honestly don't know how to rank them. I think it's easy to rank Murray first on public perception, but how do we know that postseason performance wasn't a one-off, and he's going to just be OK in the playoffs moving forward? His 18/4/4 and so so defense doesn't jump off on paper like the other guys' skillsets do. Also, he's fourth behind those guys in WS/48 last season. His advanced stats are pretty "meh" for a guy you're trading Harden for.

I still think Simmons has the highest ceiling, but because of his playmaking and defense, his floor is still absurdly high. So is Jaylen Brown's, who is already a damn good two-way player scoring 20+ per night.

Murray's ceiling is high, but I still think he's got the lowest floor of all four guys. He's not quite the playmaker and certainly not as good defensively. So if you're putting Murray first, you're putting all your eggs in the scoring and clutchness basket. Not sure I'm ready to do that until I see more of him.

D-rock, AXG and Htown Legend like this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

basketballrehab knows less than nothing

D-rock likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Simmons makes 30 large next year, the first year on a 5 years contract.

With no ****ing J. With no ability to put his team on his back in the playoffs.

Simmons ceiling may be his current floor.

Do ... not ... want.

Daryl Morey's job one is to get that contract off his books.

15. Big B

Big B Member

I agree unless they find new ways to use him (like how the Heat use Bam). I’d also add even if you do like him as a player I don’t see how he fits with Wall. My only hope if they do this deal is they have plans to flip either wall or Simmons.

No Worries likes this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Good lord is Simmons getting underrated and Murray getting overrated here. Mpj is intriguing but no where near good enough on his own for Harden.

Yall complaining about shooting must think Shaq sucked. Or not want Zion either, unless you think his 0.5 3 point attempts a game is the difference maker?

The majority of the league plays 4 out. With Simmons its true that you are somewhat boxed in with how to build your team, you need a 3pt shooting center that stretches the floor. Oh wait that's exactly what we already have!

DVauthrin and joshuaao like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Comparing Simmons to Shaq? Lol

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

I thought shooting was the only thing that mattered?

19. mightybosstone

I don't care about the money. Star players make max contracts, and its only a matter of time before every other guy on that list is making max money.

The fact that you have him locked in for five more years is a positive, and right now, he's a statistically superior player to the other guys on this list. You can be a damn good basketball player and not have a reliable jump shot. Imagine Westbrook if he didn't take stupid shots, didn't throw passes into the stands, was half a foot taller and could defend five positions.

Seriously, guys, I know we've spent the last decade only wanting guys who could shoot 3s, but there's more to the game than that.

DVauthrin likes this.