1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think it's fair to think all these teams are talking with Houston, maybe even others not even mentioned, everyone reports what he ears from his source or what he wants to put out there, but i would guess there's much more going on then what's reported.

BallaDoc likes this.
  2. awc713

awc713 Member

Hate to be that guy...but is Siakam at 30m, or Brown at 23m, really going to move the needle? I know we have to move on from Harden, and obviously the rest of the trade matters as well...but those headliners at those salaries may just have us meddling in 7-12 seeding at best for years to come. Obviously, all we can do is take the best trade offer made, and take the best player available.

I love OG (IU alum here), and do think both BOS and TOR can fill out trades with young, serviceable players...I just hope Tillman doesn't opt to compete in the near-term (clearly to no avail) to the detriment of the future. If/when we trade JH, we'll be out of title contention for at least 3 years unless we land a top 20 player like Simmons. I just don't see any way around it.

3. oloboloz

oloboloz Member

I don’t believe it though. If true, really hard to believe it’s not a done deal. That’s the best package in my mind and it’s not even debatable.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Are you guys seriously listening to a dude who has a photo depicting himself as Pinocchio as his avatar?

NotInMyHouse, King1, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I really wish him the best because it wasn't really supposed to be that bad. It happened a really long time ago and he was supposed to come back before too long but it just never got better. Sometimes a small injury that just keeps coming back over and over again is worse than a big one like an Achilles or acl tear. I wish him a full recovery though.

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Harden + Drake + Da Club is worth atleast 20 Covid failed protocols.

VoR, joshuaao, Highlyrated and 3 others like this.
  8. HardenVolumeOne

pascal and og with a few picks and you have a deal

Bids9 and rockets1995 like this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

MPJ is soft and has a history of back surgeries. Plus he doesn’t play through injuries. Dude is way overrated.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Whoever we get back for Harden it shouldn't change the fact the we have to rebuild, this team without Harden but with Wall and Cousins has no future, i hope everyone realize this. If Harden is gone, the other veterans should be gone too as soon as possible.

11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Don’t get your hopes up. Danny Ainge is the worst GM in the league to trade with. Knowing him....and I know him...he is asking for Harden and one of our firsts for Jaylen Brown. You people thinking he is throwing Kemba or Smart aren’t taking Ainge into the equation. Brown is a great player, but not worth Harden straight up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol i didn't even see that, i took for gratend this dude was someone serious since he's from Houston and everyone was acting like he's legit, he isn't? Welp.

13. hakeemthagreat

Secret Morey fans here "Nooooooooo!! Ben Simmons is really the franchise player to trade Harden for!!!!!!"

Plowman, hakeem94 and Highlyrated like this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Who is this dude?

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ainge isn’t winning anything with that roster especially with Kemba injured. ( recovering during the year). He’s smart enough to know that.

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’d like the deal with Boston. Brown, some 1sts. If the Rockets take on additional players for matching purposes could they be used in a deal at the trade deadline?

17. awc713

awc713 Member

Just to play devils advocate, Ainge is a month or so removed from losing Hayward for nothing, and more importantly, just watched the Celtics get trounced against BKN. It's obviously preseason so you can't put too much stock in it, but BOS does not have a championship roster, and Ainge knows that he needs to pair a true star next to Tatum before it's too late. BOS has a good smorgasbord of serviceable players, but this is a star driven league, and Ainge knows that.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

The fact that there’s no clear front runner in the East will really help Houston. They can all convince themselves they are a Harden away from the Finals, and so many of them have an All-Star young player or, in BKN’s case, at least assets that can nab you that caliber of player.

PHI - Simmons
    BOS - Brown / Smart
    MIA - Herro / Robinson
    TOR - Siakam / OG / Powell
    IND - Sabonis

Y2JT, everyday eddie and Deuce like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Well, now I know that John Granato is still a thing in Houston.

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I'm not buying that at all. from what we saw of Murray in the bubble and MPJ in preseason, they would be stupid to do that deal.

Y2JT and oloboloz like this.