1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato: Raptors & Celtics favorites to land James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NateNate, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

S$&! I would take Murray and Bol Bol and picks.

MPJ would be icing on the cake but the real prize would be Murray.

Y2JT, RustyHarden and matchesmalone like this.
  2. mightybosstone

Cool. So you know Danny personally? You guys vacation together in the summers and have long walls along the beach discussing players he does and doesn't want to trade for?

No? Than I'm more inclined to think Granato isn't just making this up and that actual conversations with Boston have taken place.

Y2JT, cmlmel77 and Htown Legend like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Be nice if Harden gives Silas a chance. But if Harden wants coaches that can do playoff adjustments. Nurse and Stevens would be it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Who knows at this point? To me, it's all bs. People are just guessing. That even includes Woj and Shams

Boston84, Rudyc281 and oloboloz like this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Of all the names that's been thrown out Ben Simmons is still the only true star that's available. First option should still be just hold off and see if Harden will change his mind after we go 10-0 to start the season.

treyk3 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

72-0

we don't play any real contenders.

Boston84 and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Murray isn’t available, y’all can stop now

Boston84, James.B.H, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Harden isn't Kyrie.... Harden shows up and practices and plays hard. I can understand that the Celtics fans have had a long rebuild. I just don't think Brown is all that special (Tatum is). Brown is an all star level play but I don't think you win a title if he is your second best player. It is really hard to add real star players in the NBA via trade or free agency, the Celtics should add Harden if a package centered around Brown works. Especially with a lot of black players not really enthused about going to the Celtics.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Nurse is a far better X's and O's coach........ Nurse has taken what he learned from all the younger coaches in the G-League and oversees and integrated it into the NBA... he also is someone open to new ideas and is constantly innovating and reaching out to younger coaches.

DonKnock and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Bol Bol can't be traded for a while. Give me Murray and MPJ and I would forego significant draft capital. Something like Harden and PJ Tucker for Murray, MPJ, and Will Barton works moneywise.

Of course, that feels like a best case scenario, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Y2JT and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Celtics fans are like any other fans, they are in love with their players and the current system they have now and they have a hard time seeing the big picture. The Celtics do have the advantage of being in the East and maybe they will eventually get over the hump to get to the finals, but man, if you can get Harden right now, you do it. He would definitely put them over the hump.

If you trade Harden for Brown/Smart, holy ****, what a freaking improvement that would be.

Nook likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Tatum and Harden instantly makes them better. Ainge isn't doing his job if he's not exploring. Brown/Smart on the table at the least.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is true, but with Murray he’s just a high level lotto ticket.

Htown Legend likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A fantasy unfortunately.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... you look at the Celtics and their role players buy in, and you look at the ability of Tatum and Harden could push for 40 points a night and the Celtics could win 80% of their games marching through the EC. I don't think the fit is actually as good as the Raptors from a coaching perspective.... Stevens is more set in his ways, but the Raptors don't have anyone as good as Tatum.... the funny thing is with Nurse and VanFleet and Lowry and Anunoby, the Raptors with Harden would likely come out of the East.

HP3 and ElPigto like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

with regards to Murray, I’m really interested in seeing how much of his Bubble play is real

in the regular season, he averaged 19, 4, and 5 on 56% TS which is nice but nothing special and pretty much what he averaged the year before, then in the Bubble he can’t miss and is dropping multiple 40 and 50 point games making it look easy

Will he continue to ride that sudden leap, or go back to regular ol’ Jamal? I’m very interested to see what happens.

HP3, BigM, saleem and 2 others like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh I think we will always disagree when it comes to Harden's personality. Kyrie and Harden are different types of locker room distractions. Kyrie's distractions are non-NBA related issues where he runs his mouth. Harden is a distraction with basketball related matters.

I think the difference here is who we believe in terms of reporting. You don't believe in any of the stories of Harden having so much pull that he decides when to show up to practice or when to party hard. I think Harden being coddled for a long time really makes him a really bad fit for the Celtics. It will be a severe culture shock for Harden and the players who were raised in that system like Tatum will be more willing to call Harden out and have clashes.

Harden's favorite destination in his head probably is between the Nets and Sixers as those two give him the best combination of being a contender and having similar freedoms he had here as a Rocket. The Heat and Celtics are a bad cultural fit. Don't know about the Raptors.

Nook likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol its hard to embrace harden after the media shts on him basically everyday. If its not outright disrespect, its backhand compliment and so on. No one will outright praise him, but begrudgingly do so. Boston fans if they get him will praise his name.

mario_v likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Whilst I think there is something to the Denver talk, I highly doubt both Murray and Porter are on the table. It’s probably only one of the two

saleem likes this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Out of the MF’n shadows! Good to see you back, Don.

BHannes2BHonest, DonKnock and Nook like this.