1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I was going to type almost the exact same thing. However, it's all about getting really angry over small things, while ignoring huge monumental issues these days.

rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

If he really wanted to piss them off he should show up in a tan suit and ask for some grey poupon.

rocketsjudoka and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

a lot of these politicians are just playing a character

horse face Green and Jamal Bowman probably have drinks together after doing all that yelling back and forth for the cameras

Fetterman is all-in on his carefree bum persona…he dresses like he plays bongos down at the shelter every Wednesday…those are clothes they give u from the lost and found when u pee on yourself at school

don’t really care how he dresses tho…the most amusing thing is how easily he stirs up fake outrage

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

With the dress code changes, I'm canceling my Lauren Bobo OF and going all in on CSPAN.

That moustache...does he think the Cliff Clavin look has roared back in style?

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

You mean his wife or whomever is in charge of his account
    @AroundTheWorld @Commodore
    @basso

this is Milli Vanilli without the ripped black guys from Europe
    @Os Trigonum

this breh can’t speak in complete sentences

J.R. likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I've beat this drum already, but this is the moral equivalent of making fun of a wheelchair bound person trying to walk.

FranchiseBlade and mtbrays like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nope, it would be the moral equivalent of making fun of a wheelchair bound person demanding to represent a country against Usain Bolt.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

He was voted into office.

Making fun of his disability is gross behavior. You should stop.

Andre0087, mtbrays and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't "demand" anything; he won an election. This is a real edge-lord take from you.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He is not fit for office. It is selfish to occupy a role like this when one is clearly not fit for it. Can't expect to be shielded from criticism and mockery if one holds that kind of office. I am not making fun of a disability, I am making fun of his lack of decency to let someone who is fit for the job do the job.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

He isn't fit because it's difficult for him to speak after a stroke? That's a low and arbitrary bar especially when voters still elected him after the stroke. It would be one thing if he truly didn't understand issues, but you seem to be offended that he has trouble relaying that understanding with speech that seems to be improving with time and therapy.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I do consider the ability to express yourself in an understandable fashion essential for a politician in that kind of office. Arguably, it would be enough to do that in writing if that works, and a disability prevents speaking in a coherent fashion. But he chooses to just continue to speak in incoherent sentences. Somehow, it appears that the impairment is cognitive rather than just the ability to speak being affected. If he were President, one would have to consider invoking the 25th amendment.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The dress code, the moustache, arguably drug use - he appears to be deliberately making a mockery of the office he was elected to.

Has nothing to do with making fun of disability. The guy has no respect.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Cool. The people of Pennsylvania disagree with you and elected him anyways during the depths of his stroke-induced speech difficulty.

He isn't "choosing" to speak this way. Look at clips of him pre-stroke. It would be an odd "choice" to speak like this and he's been open about the therapy he's doing to get back to normal.

There is no evidence that it's cognitive aside from the speech impairment which, again, is being treated. It seems like you're against a person with a stroke-induced speech impediment holding public office. Would you be against a deaf person holding office because they can't give nice speeches? He didn't hide his condition from voters and they elected him anyway because of his positions. He's re-entered public life since his treatment for depression and seems to be doing what Pennsylvanians expected of him in the Senate.

Physical disability, especially one like Fetterman's that can be treated and corrected over time, should have no bearing on whether or not somebody holds public office. Would you have demanded that FDR be removed from office because of his polio?

DaDakota and Andre0087 like this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

As long as he adequately represents the desires of the people of Pennsylvania, he's fine. Being able to speak on your feet is not necessary.

It says a lot more about the people who mock those less fortunate than themselves.

FranchiseBlade and mtbrays like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Geez, it is NOT ok to make fun of someone because of their disability!

What sort of ******* judges someone like that? I mean FFS - the people voted him in, he is doing a job, and some of you are judging and making fun of him?

That is about as low as a human can go and embarrassing to say the least.

DD

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

John Fetterman talking to reporters this past week:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell talking to reporters:

@AroundTheWorld

Nook, FrontRunner and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

McConnell is also clearly no longer fit for office.

19. Nook

Nook Member

We will see what happens, he has 6 years to improve - and he already seems to have improved some. If he doesn't improve, he will likely be voted out of office. My understanding is that it does not really seem to impact his intellect, just his ability to speak. If that is accurate, then I am not concerned about his ability to be a Senator over the next 4 years.

I will say that it is especially tragic or funny (depending on your view of Fetterman) that he lost his greatest strength - he was an exceptional speaker off the cuff with an incredible charisma and wit, and now he cannot clearly express it.

His VERY close connection with labor and the blue collared will get him a competitive amount of votes even if he doesn't improve verbally.

AroundTheWorld and mtbrays like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

To be clear, it was not my intention to mock his disability. I wish him that he gets well. I just think that a politician needs to be able to communicate understandably. It doesn't seem that he and McConnell can do that.