1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

this is one of the greatest political ad ever..

mdrowe00, juicystream, B-Bob and 15 others like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

A problem that an Everyman in PA has.

3. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping this newer generation of Democrats will utilize these kinds of ads more than their predecessors. The people who would be offended by this would never vote for a Democrat anyways.

Nook, Invisible Fan, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think Fetterman's campaign is presenting a masterclass in reaching the voters and being effective and doing so while spending a minimal amount of money.

It's been a brilliant campaign. That video should win the election for Fetterman alone.

#24 Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    joshuaao, Nook, mdrowe00 and 2 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oz is trying to pivot as he knows he can’t win just as a MAGA candidate.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wizard of Oz is dope

8. tinman

Supporting Member

9. tinman

Supporting Member

whoa have you heard the other candidate talk?

10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Rooting for the corrupt grifter with no soul? Sounds about right for you…

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't live in Pennsylvania breh

I clicked on this dude and he's talking like he can't talk

but i'm always rooting for contributing members over non contributing members

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I see a close W for Oz, even though he's done everything he can to screw it up.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Based on what?

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Turning his life around?

He has an undergrad from Albright College where he played college football, a Masters from UCONN and a Doctorate from Harvard.

He has been married to an attractive and amazing woman for 15 years and has a handful of kids.

He has taught at risk kids to get their GED, he was an underwriter for a major insurance company, he was a full time employee as the director of a cities youth programs.... he has also been the mayor and lieutenant governor of a state and is likely to be elected senator of a large state.

Doesn't seem like he needs to really turn his life around to me.

He has received money from his wealthy father, and I believe disclosed that one year he received as much as $55,000. However, I don't see why it is really pertinent, it isn't like he was sitting around doing nothing..... he has three degrees, including one from Harvard... he has had jobs and has had prestigious jobs. How is this different than Trump getting money from his father? Hell.... JFK, GWB, Bill Clinton, Biden and Obama had very limited work resumes prior to entering politics. I know that GWB, JFK and Clinton received money as adults from their parents or step parents.

If you want to criticize him, go after the fact he has limited political experience.... but that is hard to do when Mehmet Oz is the other candidate.

Fetterman is an incredibly charismatic person.... but he needs to poll better with black voters and he needs to remain healthy. He has downplayed his health, but it was a major procedure and it could mean he will have a short life span.

Having said that..... tell me, as a parent that you wouldn't be proud of your son if he had lived the life Fetterman has? Has their been even a hint of scandal? I guess an unpaid tax lien on his foundation? That is about it as far as being sketchy.

Plus he said he will wear a sleeveless hoodie on the Senate floor..... now that is worth watching.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Fetterman is brilliant when it comes to tapping into the current culture.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Are you assuming that Fetterman will die of a hear attack?

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don’t live in PA either but I would still support someone recovering from a stroke over someone’s who’s admitted he’s been pushing questionable weight loss cures and doesn even live in the state he’s running for.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

That is possible and I think the race is closer than many think. PA is a purple state and the GOP and Trump do have a lot of support there. It is also possible that Fetterman’s health is much worse than he is letting on and that might hurt him on the stretch.

joshuaao and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Based on polls I saw, especially early on. Apparently the two will debate in October, and given how Fetterman looked when he last spoke publicly I don't expect that to go well for him.

Biden is very unpopular in Pennsylvania. If Oz's campaign stops being stupid and instead just paints Fetterman as a Biden-enabler, they will win. (Even better, if Oz doesn't talk about Fetterman at all and instead only talks about Biden.) If he had been doing that all along, he would have a comfortable lead now.