1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I am surprised it only fell two points. Fetterman is struggling from recovering and he isn’t as sharp as he has been before the injury. They also finally played the “gun” event which is basically the only skeleton in his closet.

Let’s see what happens, all of these races are going to tighten down the stretch. Fetterman will win fairly easily if he is sharp in the weeks heading into the election… he is incredibly charismatic.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

So? It doesn’t change the fact he has pushed pseudo science for many years. He has even walked some of his claims back and has admitted they are fraudulent.

I don’t doubt Mehmet is a very skilled surgeon but that doesn’t mean he is skilled or reasonable in other ways.

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

My "place" is a seat of honor at the table of knowledge. I am an intellectual giant.

I must say, I do enjoy reading around 50% of your posts in the GARM. I feel like I get a perspective that just isn't available to me in the upper crust that surrounds me. I should do more to make conversation with the hourly employees.

4. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

12 years of a daily show on television and you are bound to say some things that don't stand the test of time. Cancelling a brilliant doctor and businessman because he isn't batting 1.000 is absurd. It's intellectually shallow. Oz runs laps around Fetterman, who has suffered brain damage and his reasoning, memory, and speech are significantly impaired. In addition, Fetterman's views are SUPER left-wing -- way more extreme than Oz, who is more center-right. Fetterman is far left, and would be amongst the most liberal in the Senate. Pennsylvania isn't voting for that.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

your “place” is manning the patty station at Burger King

now if u don’t have anything of relevance to say, your dumbass can move along

Ubiquitin, jiggyfly, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Based on your concerns about Fetterman's mental state, do you also feel the same about Herschel Walker and that Warnock will run lap around him?

7. Buck Turgidson

People on the bbs treating TJ as an honest discussion partner are almost as sad as the poor dupes who fall for Oz's PT Barnum snakeoil salesman routine

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

LOL, trying to equate the two people is ignorant. Fetterman had a stroke and his ability to reason and speak is compromised, as is his memory.

9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

^^^
    This is the type of superficial analysis that lowers our political discourse and holds us back as a country. When you have a man who has graduated from Ivy League schools, performed 4000 heart surgeries, and had a 12 year successful track record in entertainment, you have to acknowledge that he is an accomplished, intelligent individual. Instead, low IQ Buck calls him PT Barnum. Buck, shame on you.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So... you neglected to answer my question. What do you think about Herschel Walker's mental abilities to be a US Senator?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Predictably...[cricket sounds]

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What's the next rake Dr. Oz is going to step on - he gonna say he hates puppies and jesus or something? What a fool.

...oh...

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Quit trying to compare a stroke to CTE! A stroke is obviously way worse. Stupid libtards.

15. Major

Major Member

Fetterman needs to stop with the twitter mockery. It was good at first and established Oz as a crazy person, out of touch, etc. But at some point, you have to focus on why you're a good choice. And he may be doing that too - but it's getting drowned out by the mockery. He's going to start coming off as a mean-spirited bully at some point here, if he hasn't already. Oz is a jackass, but he's so bad at everything that he doesn't even do that well enough to come across that badly.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Smart plan to win over some Republican voters.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

he should probably come out and say something before the narrative takes over and even more black people stay home

since I don’t trust anything commiedore posts, here’s the story

Braddock Mayor John Fetterman says there's nothing elegant about Club Elegance in his borough's commercial district, and that's why he wants to see it shut down.

"They've got the trifecta. They've got drugs, guns and now adult entertainment," said Fetterman.

Fetterman told Channel 4 Action News' Sheldon Ingram police served the club with a notice to stop providing adult entertainment, like exotic dancers, but the show has still gone on.

"Ultimately, we want to have the place shut down, but for now, we'll settle for stopping adult events that are in direct violation of our borough code," said Fetterman.

Braddock ordinance No. 1060 states, "No adult establishments will be permitted within 300 feet of the property line of any school, church, day care center or community center."

"Local statutes prohibit it from being within 300 feet of a community center, which is right over there, the Carnegie Library there and there's a playground maybe a hundred feet from there," said Fetterman.

Fetterman said he's soliciting the help of Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala to deem the club a nuisance bar and shut it down.

The club did not return Channel 4's request for an interview.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Do you know how many people died inside and right outside that night club?
    I have been waiting for this to be brought up.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be sad indeed for a self-proclaimed intellectual giant to be wasting their precious time on the D&D. Just think they should be curing cancer or solving the great challenges of our planet, at the very least building space companies.

subtomic likes this.