1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John F. "Jack" Kennedy was Murdered in Dallas 56 Years Ago Today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deckard, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did.

Why do you think they killed him?

Jontro likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I'm pushing 50, so pretty sure we're gold.

Watch the video.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Or at least some home movies with Marilyn Monroe.

Houstunna and Jontro like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

research that really matters

No Worries likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Let's come full circle...
    _______

John F. Kennedy was warned about "climate control" in February 1961, becoming perhaps the first American president to learn about people's impact on planetary temperatures.

The warnings never stopped. Every president since then has been exposed to similar scientific findings. Sometimes it was called "climatic change," other times it was "air pollution."

The history of cautionary messages with the West Wing is documented in hundreds of records submitted in Juliana v. United States, a court case against the federal government. The files show an arc of steadily improving climate science and a clearer picture of damages, even as presidents diverged on how to address the problem.

Two years after Kennedy was assassinated, a federal science report landed on President Johnson's desk.

The document, "Restoring the Quality of Our Environment," was the product of dozens of university researchers. It said carbon dioxide levels were creating a pattern of warming.

A section co-authored by Charles David Keeling, the noted climate scholar, placed strong blame on the burning of coal, oil and gas.

"Man is unwittingly conducting a vast geophysical experiment," it said.

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060105233

7. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

The sixth floor museum is worth making time to visit if ever in Dallas. I stopped in on a whim one day and was kinda blown away. Impressive museum.

dobro1229, Lurch, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I'm gonna need some proof that LBJ and Charles Keeling watched FFB's video before I have an opinion on this.

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

NOT a conspiracy theorist, but....

I've been to Dealey Plaza several times (#HistoryNerd) and actually looked through the window directly next to the "sniper's nest" window. It's a tough shot, but could be done.

My issue is that the 3rd shot was the direct hit, not the 1st (or 2nd) shot. Common sense would suggest that the shot where you had the most time to aim would be the best shot. Seems odd that the 3rd shot (the one with the least time to aim) would be the headshot. Also Kennedy was the farthest away for the 3rd shot. He was pretty close to that picket fence though...

Not an expert marksman......but that has always struck me as odd.

MadMax and B-Bob like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm waiting on Jeff to recommend a video

Buck Turgidson and CometsWin like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

CometsWin likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

CometsWin likes this.
  13. SemisolidSnake

Speaking completely apolitically, I felt this was a meaningful anecdote and insightful look into a defining even of American history that happened decades before I was even born. I've only heard my mom describe the personal experience of it, and she didn't have this sort of literal closeness to it.

And it was completely and stupidly unnecessary to turn this into a political argument thread. It's 1000x stupider to argue about something completely unrelated to the anecdotes recounted.

Thank you, @Deckard, and it's a shame this thread got derailed so quickly.

Deckard likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I read the extremely wonderful book, Reclaiming History, by Vince Bugliosi. It's an investment in time, to say the least. But it will convince you it was Oswald alone.

Best, most thorough book I've ever read. That dude was a beast, Bugliosi.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reclaiming_History

"In 2007, Bugliosi told Cynthia McFadden of ABC News that in the preceding seven years, he had devoted 80 to 100 hours per week working on the book."

I'm by no means am expert on the subject but Bugliosi has to be top three in the list of the greatest trial lawyers ever.

CometsWin and B-Bob like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think people investigate the murder all wrong. They start by dissecting the gun shots, and Oswald.

When they really need to let the evidence that has been released (millions of pages still withheld by Trump FYI) tell the story about three central characters surrounding JFK-

-the Mob
    -the Mobs ties to Nixon
    -Castro

No... I’m not saying Nixon killed Kennedy, but Nixon is a central player in the circumstances three years prior that led to Kennedy being a major assasination target.

This is a fantastic read about much of the evidence released since the 90’s that might not solve the answer of who pulled the trigger, but it absolutely is fascinating to learn the circumstantial evidence around the mob, the Cubans, and Nixon that has Trump of all people acting like there’s something in the evidence to hide.

To me, the biggest smoking gun here is Jack Ruby’s killing of Oswald. It sort of tells you everything you need to know right there.

#55 dobro1229, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    MadMax likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Reluctantly, JFK's death is my birthday.

He was in Houston the day before promoting whatever he was promoting.

The whole thing seems an inside job due to witness accounts vs the Oswald story. Each completely contradicts the other. Maybe one day we'll know the truth. We might not be enlightened until the after-life.

17. KingCheetah

TL;DW the mob was definitely involved (according to him).

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The 'best' theory I have heard is that when the first shot rang out, one of the SS guys running alongside the car, pulled his gun and accidentally discharged it into the President.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

great book

dobro1229 likes this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What book? My job must have stripped out the pic in the prior post.