1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Edwards announces presidential run on Youtube

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by vwiggin, Dec 28, 2006.

1. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1etlZaf6zUw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1etlZaf6zUw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Link to video, in case the video embedded doesn't work.

His shirt looks pretty clean for someone who has just been "working." :D

Obama-Edwards ticket anyone?

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I never liked Edwards "two americas" theme. I'm not saying it isn't true but it really just highlights the problem and not the answer. I think that is the reason people are jumping on the Obama bandwagon. He bridges the "different americas" and unites without having to highlight the problems.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Edwards = Meh

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Edwards Launches White House Bid for ‘08, ‘12 and ‘16
    by Scott Ott

(2006-12-28) — With just 23 months before the next presidential election, former Sen. John Edwards, D-NC, announced today that he would seek the Democrat nomination for president in 2008, 2012 and 2016, but refused to comment on his plans for 2020.

“Americans are looking for a candidate with experience running for president,” said an unnamed campaign spokesman. “In 2018, when John Edwards is 65, he’ll have spent 16 years seeking the office and have four campaigns under his belt. We think that will position him well for victory in 2020.”

While the candidate sought to deflect questions about his longterm plans, the anonymous source said Mr. Edwards would file papers with the Federal Election Commission next week forming a 2020 presidential exploratory committee.

The Edwards ‘08-12-16 campaign timed today’s announcement to coincide with this week’s death of former President Gerald Ford, “another great, and handsome, man who was never elected to the White House.”

In launching his campaign in front of a federally-funded trailer of a hurricane Katrina victim in New Orleans, Mr. Edwards recalled his 2004 stump speech in which he frequently said there are “two Americas.”

“Since 2004, I have learned a lot,” said Mr. Edwards. “I think history and geography have proved me right. If you look at the map, there are in fact two Americas — North America and South America.”

The former vice presidential candidate quoted the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, saying America must overcome racial and socioeconomic prejudices to unite as “one nation, underprivileged, indivisible, with subsidy and justice for all.”

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This guy is so full of schit, it's amazing. He's a phony, plain and simple, and the fact that he chose New Orleans for a photo op is just plain using those poor people for his political opportunism. He has made a living in the court room by playing on people's emotions, and that's what he's doing here. What else do you expect from a money-grubbing trial lawyer? The mere sight of John Edwards makes me want to vomit.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Weak. I would not vote for him again.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

haha

dunno

Obama has my vote for now, lots of things could change till the election

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

IMHO, that was a great stump speach.

I think Edwards is the dems best chance.

If the GOP can push through a McCain/Rudy ticket aint nobody beating them.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If elected, Edwards will do something about it besides this...

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My first thought is that Edwards will end up as VP on the ticket again. He is a very good fit in that role again as a likeable Southern guy without any big negatives, and without having the type of credentials that would overshadow a potential running mate.

Though I'm not sure if Obama & Williams would work? Perhaps not as that would be a mix that would have very little practical experience. Perhaps Obama would need more of a political "Grey Eminence" type.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He did this on youtube?

Youtube </3

you have jumped the Jaws.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

haha

when i first saw the title I assumed you meant John Edwards - the psychic guy who talks to dead family members of people!!

Now there's a guy you dont want running for prez. :D

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Edwards definitely gets plus points from me for him embracing technology and internet mediums.

I thought the part about the text message was hilarious. I want a John Edwards ringtone!

14. bonecrusher

bonecrusher Member

He was better than Kerry.

15. adoo

adoo Member

can you say Dubya !

16. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Yeah, but the differnce is, Bush actually means it when he is being all compassionate.

He probably pray twice as hard as well.

17. adoo

adoo Member

when he, on Wed flew over New Orleans to go to California to accept a gift from the military. that was far more important than to stop in New Orleans

did he mean it when he publically praised Brown for "a heck of a job"

18. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Thus begins the transformation of Utube...

UTube is to Video as what the Internet is to webpages.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and you're not a money-grubbing war profiteer?