1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 22, 2013.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not sure where to put this because John Bryant actually participated in a draft already, but was not drafted.

Just read an article about him. Apparently he slimmed down from 180 kg in his college days to about 125 kg now. He plays for Ulm in the German league and shoots about 50 % FG, 80 % FT, almost 40 % from 3-point land. Here are his stats from the German league: http://statistik.basketball-bundesl...dex.php?saison=2012&team=418&spieler_id=18126

Some draft profile:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/players/568524

He was second only to Blake Griffin in rebounding in the nation in his final year (14.2 to 14.4).

His blog:

http://www.beko-bbl.de/magazin/artikel.php?artikel=28681&menuid=16

He is the MVP of the German league.

I think he could be a great option at backup center.

Daryl Morey is currently traveling through Europe - maybe he should have a look at this guy, too?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Better than Tim olbercht?

3. Rocket Booster

OMG.........WAY WAY WAY better than Ohlbrecht. Still, much better centers in Europe than Bryant are available. But he's much better by far than Ohlbrecht.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I would think he is much better than Ohlbrecht. But I wish Ohlbrecht well, of course.

5. Rocket Booster

He was voted as the All-Eurocup First Team center. That's the European league that's one level below the Euroleague (the same league Beverley played in).

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eurocup/news/i/111934/3735

2012-13 All-Eurocup First Team:

G Malcolm Delaney
    G Nick Calathes
    F Kostas Vasileiadis
    F Justin Doellman
    C John Bryant

2012-13 All-Eurocup Second Team:

G Walter Hodge
    G Chuck Eidson
    F Derrick Brown
    F Lamont Hamilton
    C Loukas Mavrokefalidis

I can say that Bryant is an absolutely HUGE center. He's 7-0 with a 7-5 wingspan, and he's about 300 pounds.

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Or we can pick Muscala in second round this year.

7. basketballholic

He'd be playoff eligible as long as we got him signed and delivered in the next couple days I do believe. This is the kind of guy I was talking about in an earlier thread.

8. Rocket Booster

No. He's under contract in Germany. No way in hell can he be signed for this season.