1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joey Crawford

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SpEnCeR, May 5, 2009.

1. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

Do you think he will be officiating next game now that LA must win. ;)

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Doesn't matter because we will win no matter who officiates.

3. RedGlare07

RedGlare07 Member

Love your attitude!

:cool:

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I would bet 10 bucks he is

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

same here.

7. corby

corby Contributing Member

God, this is bad. Immediately after tipoff last night, I pressed my face against the screen, scanned both sides of the court and the baseline. When I saw there was no Joey, I sat down relieved and enjoyed the game.

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

.. is an idiot.

He called an offensive foul against Wade which was a very clear that Dwane was moving to his left to avoid contact.

.. needs to retire. I hope st peter will call his name very soon.

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

He did work Monday night though. As the Playoffs continue, the days off for refs probably increases since they need them less often (fewer games). I would be surprised if he's reffing on Wednesday. Probably Thursday. Might get him for game 4, though.

What I'm worried about is that Violet Palmer hasn't done a game for a few days. She's more likely to be on us for game 2.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I don't wish death on the guy. I hope he has a long, happy life away from the NBA, possibly teaching braille.

1 person likes this.
  11. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

NBA can't have the Lakers down 0-2 going back to Houston.

We're getting a screwjob tomorrow night.

Be forewarned.

12. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I hope not.. and regardless, I hope the rockets come out expecting everything BAD to be thrown against them..

don't cry about the refs.. don't get down.. go out and get the job done..

dont resort to whining and complaining.. stay classy houston!

13. rocketsmetalspd

Anything is possible but the team has to play above crap that will surely be coming tomorrow. I still believe the team will be prepared for the oncoming onslaught.

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Bavetta is the evil one, not Joey.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That is correct. Bavetta single handedly gave the series to Lakers against the Kings. The Kings would have won the championship had Bavetta not intervened. That was the most blatant and obvious one sided refereed game I have EVER seen. It is a travesty that Dick Bevetta is still coaching in the NBA.

16. Mr. Space City

i agree with this post

17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yup. 'Cept for the "coaching" part. :eek:

How about this stuff on Bavetta, ALL of which Bavetta was head official for:
    1998 Bulls-Jazz, Game 6: Ron Harper gets credited for a 3 that was clearly after the buzzer sounded, while Howard Eisley cans one with a full second remaining, and Bavetta wipes it away. 6-point swing. Replays don't lie. Then Jordan pushes Russell over to win the game. That "final shot" would never have even happened, because the game shouldn't have been that close.
    1999 Knicks-Pacers, Game 3: Larry Johnson somehow gets a 4-point opportunity even though the foul was before the shot.
    2000 Knicks-Heat Game 7: Spree gets awarded a timeout while falling out of bounds with seconds to go, even though he didn't call one (he admits as much).
    2000 Lakers-Blazers Game 7: Shaq plays zone. 21-free throw deficit. Rasheed gets manhandled with no call. Shaq tackles Steve Smith out-of-bounds in the last minute of play, no call (this remains the single worst missed call in NBA playoff history, IMO).
    2002 Lakers-Kings Game 6: THE worst-officiated NBA playoff game, ever. David Aldridge, who I respect as one of the best NBA columnists around, calls it downright depressing. Even Ralph Nader gets in on the act. Donaghy later reveals that the officials were told to get this series to a 7th game, at any cost.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, I've seen 3 or 4 of her games over the past few months, and a most of those controversial calls she will whistle were correct, and by the book.

19. daRox

daRox Member

oh a win does to the confidence on this board

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Palmer is not that horrible.....shes not good, but not turrible like crawford
    actually i was scared when brothers was the ref last night, but turns out hes on our side now XD