1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Osteen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 30, 2011.

1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Is that how they convinced you you're not gay?

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

3. mclawson

mclawson Member

So the preference and attraction is fine and normal as long as you don't act on it and try to have a fulfilling life? Is it better to just ignore those feelings, push them way down deep inside, yeah, that's it...deeper, oh yeah...wait, what? Oh yeah, feelings. Ignore your natural and normal preferences and attractions, make some poor woman miserable by marrying her even though you're not attracted to her in the least, never fulfill her needs or wants or desires, maybe have a kid, just to see if that helps you drive those natural, normal feelings way down deep inside, so very deep inside, until one day you snap and pull an American Beauty style Colonel Frank Fitts style murder? Hey, whatever works for you, I guess.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I love when Clutchfans try to solve age old dilemmas through internet debates in a slightly unrelated thread. That's what the D&D is built on.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I think, with all this hard work, one of these days we'll actually solve an age old dilemma.

2021, The Nobel Peace Prize goes to the Debate and Discussion section of the Clutchfans bbs.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I only made the point that being a homosexual was a choice, I didn't say how to deal with your perverted sexual passions, no need to get your rainbow edible undies in a knot. SMH.:grin:

7. mclawson

mclawson Member

It's just an interesting position. Does that mean you'd be ok with two homosexuals getting married as long as they never consummated the marriage?

8. IzakDavid13

Guys just aren't my thing, never really had to deal with what you've gone through.
    I like women so much, I married one.

(zips up flame suit)

I don't believe that Gays should get married either.

Gay marriage is so Gay.

btw
    ...Joel Osteen preaches out of the Summit. I like the summit.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're an optimist, sir.

10. mclawson

mclawson Member

Do you remember when you made the choice to like women, Col. Fitts?

11. IzakDavid13

Without the 'sex' there is no homosexual, just guys who find other guys attractive.

If the marriage isn't consummated, is it truly a marriage? In most Western traditions & laws, a marriage is not considered a binding contract until and unless it has been consummated.

But same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry in MY opinion.

12. IzakDavid13

Kindergarten, or 1st grade. She was a blonde.

13. mclawson

mclawson Member

Can you provide me with a US law that says a marriage isn't legal if not consummated? I know the Brits have a law that says a marriage is voidable if one party is unable (or unwilling) to consummate, but it doesn't speak to a situation where neither party wishes to. Thanks!

14. mclawson

mclawson Member

And this was a choice, and not simply a realization that you liked girls? There is a difference, you know.

15. IzakDavid13

I used to work in nightclubs frequented by gays, I chose to stick with girls and not with guys.

I know the difference, do you?

16. mclawson

mclawson Member

I'm not convinced you do. You didn't answer my question about your "choice" in kindergarten/first grade. Was it a realization or a choice at that point?

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Betcha some guy wrote that rule.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Oh my god. I guess you have a right to your opinion, but you're seriously misinformed. Very sad.

19. YaosDirtyStache

IzakDavid13 you are a moron.

Being gay isnt a choice, I bet you can walk down the street and pick out a gay man before he ever opens his mouth and it ISNT because he is dressed in a pink tutu.

Gay is a genetic thing, hence the whole idea of a "gaydar" minus the **** inside the guys mouth as a give away...read this published journal article (If you even can read...up for debate as Ignorance is normally a sign of low education) http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0036671

And why shouldnt gays be married IN THE STATE? I mean, what does it matter to you? I am a Catholic and am against MARRIAGE IN CHURCH but I am all for two men or two women to reap the benefits of a civil union of the state.

Anyone who argues against State Marriage is someone who has their head so deep up their pupit-for-profit preacher ass that flowers smell like ****.

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I think you're either missing his point or you know that the position you've staked out for yourself is morally and intellectually indefensible without resorting to some vague Bronze Age superstition (which itself as a moral compass or explanation for the natural world drifts over time). All you're left with is you think its icky. Oh boo hoo. You lose and your ideas are bad.