1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Osteen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 30, 2011.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude he is the church, you are the one who does not get it.

One would be nothing without the other, I can't believe you are trying to feed anybody that malarkey.

CometsWin likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

:rolleyes:

Not another one.

IT's all a corporate shell game.

AleksandarN, CometsWin and DaDakota like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The church existed before Joel started preaching. You do know that right? You do know there Spanish service is almost as big as the English service right? You can’t just talk about things you don’t understand and expect people to just agree with you.

AXG likes this.
  4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you misread my post and I didn't elaborate as well. That's my bad. I never wrote that it's smart to spend money as a preacher on a supercar. I wrote if he did...(and I meant to follow up with)...then that's terrible and it will be found out. Where I mentioned being smart and slick was about making money off his books because his books are pretty much what he is- motivational stuff from a motivational speaker.

Him making money off his books has zero to do with him and Lakewood requesting a loan TO PAY STUFF ON THE CHURCH PAYROLL. I mean we could do that crap all day long on here. If Kanye has all that money, why did he need a loan in the 1st place? If Tom Brady has all this money, why did he need a loan in the 1st place? If --- (insert millionaire/billionaire owner of most companies/corporations in the USA) have all this money then why did they need a loan in the 1st place).

Paying staff with loan money requested from the government...offering said loan money to businesses...doesn't line up with the teachings of the Bible??
    [​IMG]

5. ferrari77

Ooh that's a zinger. Yep, compare DJT lying about being audited for FOUR years to stating the government is scrutinizing the 2nd round of PPP loans a bit more after numerous fraudulent recipients during the 1st round of PPP loans is definitely similar. For sure.

6. ferrari77

The Daystar one was just a way worse look. The buying of a new jet(regardless of the price) at this time(not like rich people/things marketed for the wealthy just stop during a pandemic but still), the social media videos of them living it up on vacation(taking time for themselves during the scheduled meetings and sermons) , all of it looks terrible.
    On the plus side is the fact that they returned all of the money since I guess they didn't have issues paying the workers and realized how bad the story looked.
    When it comes to preachers, mega churches, etc. at this point we know perception becomes reality for those who have issues with them. (Justifiable issues or not).

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So the Church PAYS him fees to speak.

Interesting.

DD

9. TimDuncanDonaut

Hurricane Harvey knocks, this guys closes his church door to displaced Houstonians. Karma is going to come one day.

#369 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    CometsWin likes this.
  10. Marteen

Marteen Member

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He looks like Martin Short

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder why so many Christians give to and worship folks nothing like Jesus. The Catholic Church of old was rife with corruption but modern day Catholics don’t buy into bullshit charlatans like this. At some point the evangelical community needs to do some deep introspection

Nook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

[spits beer out nose, shakes head, walks away]

Two Sandwiches, Yung-T and jiggyfly like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What does that have to do with anything?

We are talking the current church, I understand perfectly and don't really care if people agree with me.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

HOUSTON – Lakewood Church via a representative has acknowledged cash and checks were found at the facility during repairs, years after a burglary of $600,000, in 2014.

“Recently, while repair work was being done at Lakewood Church, an undisclosed amount of cash and checks were found. Lakewood immediately notified the Houston Police Department and is assisting them with their investigation. Lakewood has no further comment at this time,” the statement reads.

Lakewood released the statement after a report surfaced on “The Morning Bullpen with George Mo and Erik” by a man named Justin who said he works for a large plumbing company and made the discovery while working at the megachurch’s facilities.

He told KPRC 2 he got a call on Nov. 10 about a loose toilet at Lakewood Church. Justin said he started working on the toilet and had to remove the tile and insulation. Once he removed the insulation, he discovered about 3,000 envelopes full of checks. Some had cash in it. Justin said he called the church’s maintenance supervisor and had to stay at the church for almost seven hours.

Justin said at least 10 HPD investigators came and questioned him. He said the Houston Police Department removed the rest of the wall and found bags and bag of money and checks. Justin said the church or HPD never thanked him or reached out to him about $25,000 reward money. Justin said he even called Crime Stoppers about reward money, but never heard back. He even tried reaching out to Joel Osteen but haven’t heard back.

Lar and tinman like this.
  16. Spooner

Spooner Member

A real Christian would put Jesus Christ himself on a billboard. Instead there are billboards of a man profiting off of Jesus' message. The church is more about a personality profiting off the name of Jesus. Jesus and his teachings are an afterthought. Exactly the kind of thing Jesus warned about. How people cannot understand this is beyond me.

Andre0087 and peleincubus like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did they find the dents that John Starks made in that structure too?

18. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

[​IMG]

Nook, Phillyrocket, jiggyfly and 3 others like this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

sounds totally legit
    [​IMG]

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Praise the Lord, it's a miracle!