1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joel Dreessen visiting Saints, Bengals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Commodore, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Free agent tight end Joel Dreessen, who met with the Saints today, will visit the Cincinnati Bengals tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/181565272543592448" data-datetime="2012-03-19T02:18:28+00:00">March 19, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'd love to have him back, more than Allen, even.

But if Graham is ready, then I'm fine with it.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would suck to lose home but he's probably going to get a solid offer out there and it will be tough for the texans to match if someone really wants him.

I thought Graham looked very good as a pass catcher but not so sure if he's able to run block effectively. I wouldn't be surprised to see a TE taken in the 4th or 5th round. For a team that's drafted so many, the loss of. Dreessen would put them in a tight situation. It's a shame Hill never turned out

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If we don't resign him Gary is going to go bonkers drafting tight ends this year.

5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Boggles the mind that after drafting so many over the years, we still need more. I call it the curse of Bennie Joppru.

6. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

Lol. True. But casey is valuable but not as a pure TE, Graham will have to prove himself and Hill was just a miss although the knee injury didn't help ...I liked his physical ability.

Daniels was the only other TE that Kobe's and Smith drafted if I recall correctly

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wow, if we lose Dreessen too.. Ugly offseason. Very ugly.

8. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Dreesen was a good blocker and had pretty good hands. It will be hard to replace this guy via the draft. I wonder how much $$$ he is looking for.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Daniels may have been a Kube's pick, but he wasn't a Smith pick. Smith was hired after the 2006 draft. Remember it was debated whether Casserly was responsible for the most successful Texans draft, up to that point, right before he left.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Given how many draft picks the Texans have spent on TEs over the years, they better not give him a big contract to stay. There has to be at least one guy on the roster capable of replacing him as the 2nd TE.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

As a Bengals fans i'd love to have him backup Gresham.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Owen Daniels - still here
    Anthony Hill - gone
    James Casey - still here(now a FB)
    Garrett Graham - still here
    Dorin Dickerson - gone(tried converting him to WR)

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I hope Joel stays! He and Owen are one of the best combo TE's in the league. He made several amazing catches last season and blocks with the best.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He would be a back-up to two very good, very young TEs in both locations. Seems pretty obvious the Texans have, more or less, moved on as we'd offer a much better situation for him, from a playing time perspective.

They resigned the best RB in football and their Pro Bowl center. I'm sorry: that is far from ugly. It is actually a pretty doggone good offseason by any measure.

When things slow down, as we get cloer to camp... they'll bring in additional guys.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Berman ‏ @MarkBermanFox26

16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

He's making the rounds...that price will not be getting any cheaper.