1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe said... it...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 11, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Boy for people who love to b**** and moan about "Cancel Culture" trying to cancel someone over using the term "Negro Leagues" is really something. We all know what he was saying or trying to say. The "Great player from the Negro Leagues" is what everyone knows he was trying to say. So if you have a problem with him saying "Negro Leagues" then tell us why. Otherwise you are just a hypocritical troll.

If your argument is that Joe is just too old and senile you've already lost that argument in 2020. The majority of the electorate know and trusted Joe in 2020, and he'll be judged on what he can get accomplished.

Despite all of the examples of Trump's cognitive decline with all of his gaffs, I 100% believe he would have been re-elected if he had actually gotten things done for the American people, and didn't treat the presidency as a reality show where you can just lie about doing things instead of actually doing things... case in point Trump's response to Covid which was to lie, and do nothing.

If you guys think you are going to beat Joe Biden in 2024 on gaffs, and claims of him being senile, you will get beat. It's a stupid strategy that only keeps you guys on the right hating him more and more which you are going to do regardless of what he does anyways, but you guys aren't the ones that matter in 2022 or 2024. You are a hardcore base voter. You really don't matter than much in terms of elections.

2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

How much does it annoy you that Biden fails to regularly say things that are utterly idiotic or racist?

I mean, it’s pretty damn unfair right? Trump gave the Dems fodder every single day, and Biden leaves you with scraps like this to ejaculate to?

3. Buck Turgidson

I highly recommend the Ken Burns Baseball episode on the Negro Leagues, "Shadow Ball".

The Negro League Museum in Kansas City is reportedly really great, hope to make it there next time the Stros are in KC not in the dead of summer

basso likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad this didnt make headlines as it was just a gaffe. If someone like Tilman would have said it, it would make the news. And then we could get a new owner.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i've seen it; there's also a fairly large side plot about the negro leagues in Dennis Lehane's book The Given Day.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I thought Joe was always talking **...IT

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's amazing how you try dogging for something so stupid to poke fun at Biden about.

Speaking of stupid, here's an article that made worldwide news about Mr. "Fake Patriot" Trump. You wonder how he passed high school. Oh wait, his rich Daddy paved his way.

“Airports during the revolutionary war”
    July 4, 2019: Trump celebrates the anniversary of the Declaration of Independence by praising how George Washington’s Continental Army “took over airports” during the Revolutionary War.

Criminally stupid' Donald Trump mocked for praising army which 'took over airports' in the 1700s
    The president made the remarks during his "Salute to America" speech as the US marked Independence Day.
    By Tom Gillespie, news reporter

Friday 5 July 2019 20:50, UK

mdrowe00 and IBTL like this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Biden has an N word pass apparently.

Any leftists here are hypocrites for letting it slide.

No real standards. Just whatever you think benefits you. Exactly why the US gonna fall further into shambles. Exactly why it is pointless to discuss things with people who have no standard on here. The goal post will always move.

Gioan Baotixita and basso like this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

pretty funny comment coming from a trump cultist.

you refuse to acknowledge that trump has said and done a bunch of racist stuff and you even started a thread called "president donald trump is not racist". and you call others hypocrites! lol. so much projection in your post...literally every thing you accuse others of can be applied to you.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/president-donald-trump-is-not-racist.300860/

VooDooPope and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

At least he didn't talk about him like he owned him

"look at my African American over here"

Andre0087 and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the ads on this thread are on point.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

As always, you do so well to prove that you are, in fact, that stupid.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He couldn’t do his act in 2021 lol

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro_league_baseball

Take a wild guess why negro isn't a censored word on clutchfans? It's because it's not the n-word

VooDooPope likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

He meant Negro League you dumb ****

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Is there a new official student language distinction handbook that came out or is this you making a really broad statement off of an interaction you had (or heard) amongst a handful of students at your school?

Negro is definitely considered distasteful nowadays, maybe no distinction in the acute sense that neither are socially acceptable anymore, but I'd say it's pretty similar to the term colored. I feel pretty confident it's not the same as the n-word at that there is a distinction between the words, but hey what do I know. I only speak for myself, and not 20 million people ;)

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

personal experience

ThatBoyNick likes this.