1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe said... it...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 11, 2021.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

People still coo with this?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No one knows what you are talking about.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Satchel Paige was great. I wouldn't call him what joe called him but he was great.

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Glad his flashback was calling him a great negro instead of something worst...a gaffe nonetheless.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he was obviously trying to say "negro leaguer" and just stumbled over himself like he always does.

and what the heck was the point of that story? it had nothing to do with veterans day. he just wanted to set up his weird joke about how he is only 50 and the WWII vet is 47. it was unfunny, pointless and resulted in him making yet another avoidable gaffe. im surprised he didnt mention corn-pop!

say what you will about sleepy joe, but at least he isnt telling us to inject ourselves with bleach, saying nazis are very fine people or calling the free press the enemy of the people. its so sad what our country has come to in terms of leadership...trump is a senile a**hole and joe is a senile goofball...and one of them will be president in 2024.

ryan_98 and ROXRAN like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

“I’ve adopted the attitude of the great Negro — at the time, pitcher in the Negro Leagues — went on to become a great pitcher in the pros…”

Old person mixes up words, news at 11.

7. jo mama

a dangerous drinking game would be to take a shot whenever biden says the following...

"im not joking"
    "i mean it, im serious"
    "im not being facetious here"
    "im not kidding"

has anyone else noticed that he says these phrases all the time? he will make a statement where its very clear that he is not joking and he will say "im serious now...im not joking here".

8. HTM

HTM Member

I appreciate the clarity

IBTL likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I thought orange was joking but no ...no he's not

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nope.

11. Buck Turgidson

Thank God he didn't try to reference Cracker Jack, no telling how that would have come out

FrontRunner and ROCKSS like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Again... nobody knows what you are talking about? Did he say "I grab them by the Pu$$y" or something?

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pretend I'm not glued to republican propaganda and spell it out for me.

ROCKSS, Squirtle and dobro1229 like this.
  14. jo mama

did joe have to kick cracker jack out of the pool too like he did corn pop?

when joe was a lifeguard in scranton, delaware he didnt take no guff off anybody, corn pop or cracker jack.

basso and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.mediaite.com/online/no-...-paige-as-a-negro-during-veterans-day-speech/

What actually happened is that the president was wishing Ambassador Donald Blinken a happy birthday during his Veterans Day speech, and injected one of his favorite stories: a roundabout way of saying that you’re only as old as you feel.

I’ve adopted the attitude of the great Negro, at the time, pitcher in the Negro Leagues, went on to become a great pitcher in the pros and Major League Baseball after Jackie Robinson.

His name was Satchel Paige, and Satchel Paige, on his 47th birthday pitched a win against Chicago. And all the press went in and said, “Satch, it’s amazing. Forty-seven years old, no one’s ever, ever pitched a win at age 47. How do you feel about being 47?”

He said “Boys, that’s not how I look at it.”

He says “How do you look at it, Satch?”, and he said “I look at it this way, how old would you be if you know how old you were?”

I’m 50 years old and the ambassador’s 47.

The president obviously began to say “Great Negro League pitcher,” but then paused and shifted to saying “at the time, pitcher in the Negro Leagues,” which was, in fact, the name of the league that Black players formed when they were shut out of Major League Baseball.

Biden’s age declined by ten years since a few weeks ago, when he concluded the same anecdote by telling Pope Francis “You’re 65 and I’m 60,” and at which time conservatives spread the similar false claim that Biden called the pope “the famous African-American baseball player in America.”

The president frequently tells the Paige story, including at the White House when the L.A. Dodgers visited in July.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I thought the word “Negro” was out of style like 50 years ago - Please say it’s not coming back into style, We are trying to progress people ..Just recently the word pedophile had an effort by some to be no longer used and the term is now “map” (Minor Attracted Person) - This started in 2017 (I think) but re-emerged when Rosenbaum was labeled as a pedophile and the progressive movement cry is the less stigmatized label of “Map” for friendlier optics - smh

#16 ROXRAN, Nov 12, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can we still refer to the Negro Leagues, or do we have to say BIPOC Leagues now?

ROXRAN likes this.
  18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Dang Sleepy Joe Brandon really trying hard to get that uneducated racist southern white male vote in the next election.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I do like the quote, “how old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were”…as someone now in my 40s and closer to 50 , I am active in my own business that requires moving and shaking and I been told I look much younger than my age …I’m proud of that …anyways I’m on a rambling tangent , ahhh shhhhit, I’m getting old lol

Squirtle likes this.
  20. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

OP is on crack.