1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JOE MARCIANO?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by htown1984, Jan 14, 2013.

1. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Do you think Joe Marciano will be gone? Shouldnt he be Fire as soon as today?

Also what will be good replacements for him... Special Teams and field position
    is what really killed us this year? We cannot have Manning doing Kick-offs
    during the season?

Appreciate yall inout...

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

yes he should go. He is the longest tenured coach (1o years with the team I think) and has had only 1 or 2 special teams in the top 5 in the league, and many that were in the bottom 5. No idea who to replace him with but at this point ANYONE is better. Seriously, how can a "top team" like the Texans committ so many penalties, provide such bad vision/blocking, and consistently set up the team with HORRIBLE field position for the offense ALL FRIGGIN YEAR.

How many times did the texans start at the 10, 15 yard line to begin a series? Also look at what happened to the Special Teams "castoffs"--J Jones and Holliday--both ended up having solid if not great moments with their new teams. The special teams was a problem ALL YEAR, and they NEVER corrected crap. it was always mentioned that "we have to get better" and then they would fall flat the next game. Also, Shayne Grahams kick-offs were embarrasing. He almost never got a touch back and we saw opposing teams start with GREAT field position throughout the year. This definitely contributed to points on the board.

So, since EVERYTHING went wrong (except Manning agst the Patriots--but they won't allow him to return kicks b/c his value is on the Defense), the answer to your question is anybody is better than Marciano. Maybe they should just make Braman a player coach and have him yell and excite the team into better special teams play. As least he can lead by example. But seriously, I don't care who, I just don't want this idiot with the team any longer.

3. htown1984

htown1984 Member

agreed with your points... This team needs to send a message to the fans today..
    They need to Fire him Today no excuses for him... and start the hunt for new Special Team coach.. Hopefully bullock can get the crap out of the ball and give our team a big boost next year in that regard

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

He GONE!

No way, no matter how much McNair and Kubiak like the guy does he keep his job with the issues for the past few seasons this team has had with the return game. Add in the fact that Holliday and Jones both have shown they are legit threats when given decent blocking unless he can somehow throw Rick Smith under the bus. But considering Marciano is a hold over from even before Kubiak's era it is probably just time to let him go anyway. Great talent evaluator but we've not had decent special teams coverage for years at this point.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Does it really matter? Let him go, don't... it won't have a huge impact.

Special teams was one of the few bright spots yesterday, btw.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

What about the guy the Titans got rid of: Alen Lowry?

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It can't hurt. It's tough to put a finger on it but something was amiss when Trindon Holliday can look so inept here and go nuts in Denver. And that Deji Karim return on us was one of the most pathetic things that I've ever seen on ST.

Sometimes you just have to change for the sake of shaking things up. Results are results.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

anybody is better. lol

seriously, like another poster mentioned, sometimes a change for change's sake is necessary to offer a new perspective, a new voice, possibly new ideas. Players will often tune out a coach rendering him ineffective, that is just human nature. I've heard good things about Lowry so why not. Again, I don't really care other than bring in a competent guy, with a proven trackrecord, who isn't called Marciano.

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

but 1 game shouldn't excuse practically 16 games of crap (yes, I'm slightly exaggerating but only slightly). Plus, they used Manning on returns whom they WILL NOT USE during the reg. season so really the pats game its a moot point. Also don't forgot the Return in the Colts game that shifted the momentum and all the stupid penalites, some of the worst field position I've seen all year game in and game out, and then letting Holliday go--or not helping him-- and have him tear it up in Denver. Also, he's been there 10 years. So yeah, it matters. He is no longer effective, change is sometimes good just to have a new voice in the mix.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dead last in special teams this season. Of course he has to be fired...at the very least to send a message.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

5 year contract extension.

2 people like this.
  12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

serious lulz with this post...and a few tears from actual anticipation of this move.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I have no doubt he will be gone, but it won't be today. McNair has a process he will dutifully go through. He will sit down with Kubes and Smith and review the season, the coaches, the players, and what the plan is going forward. No moves will be made until this meeting takes place which should be fairly soon. Afterwards, I expect to see Marciano packing up his stuff pretty quickly.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is DeLoss Dodds working for the Texans?

There is no logical reason he should get to remain employed. Yesterday's ST was the best it's been in YEARS. Where the f*** was that for the entire rest of the season before yesterday? I think I'm more disappointed it hasn't already happened.

15. Nook

Nook Member

If you want to be in a position to beat explosive teams like the Packers, Patriots and Broncos, you better be able to put points on the board. Unfortunately the Texans are mediocre in the red zone and do not punch it in as often as they should. One of the easiest ways to "help" the offense is to have exceptional special teams. The occassional punt or kick off return for a touchdown or long gain is an enormous boon. Further, we need to be able to pin high scoring teams deep in their territory.

16. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Yep. After that 94 yard kickoff return, he's definitely going to keep his job.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Coach Kubiak says team will take a "hard look" at kickoff return this offseason. "Way too many times we were inside our own 20" <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#TexansRadio">#TexansRadio</a></p>&mdash; Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/290961607960440833" data-datetime="2013-01-14T17:20:27+00:00">January 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. So Good

So Good Member

Yes. If not, I'm going to lose it.

Also, they need a new offensive coordinator to call plays. It's pretty obvious Gary can't call a game. He designs a good offense but can't call a game to save his life.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I hear Rob Ryan needs a job??????

20. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I really have this feeling like they will keeo Joe Marciano. I hope he gets Axed soon

I dont think you have to evaluate him.. He should be axed without an evauation.
    thats how bad I think he needs to be gone,.....

We also need a new Offensive Coordinator. we need one that will play to Win at all causes.... Never let up.. always take risk.. This is the only way to win in
    this Game...