1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Modi is the Indian version of trump. See how India turned out.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And Boslanaro in Brazil.

3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yeah just been pouring gasoline to the fire right

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so you usually call people you dont agree with *******?

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

action speaks louder than words

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not the best start but he can turn it around. He needs to make unemployment less appealing, tackle the border challenge, and help Israel.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I love the right wing solution to corporations paying so little that unemployment benefits are higher to reduce unemployment benefits that allow people to pay basic things like rent and daycare for their children so you know, they can go to work or at least go out and find work, rather than actually forcing corporations to pay reasonable wages.

Help Israel with what? They are modern developed nation that can bomb civilian structures without our help.

What does "tackle the border challenge mean"? The only long term solution to that would be enforcing illegal labor hiring practices that would disrupt the economy where right wingers like yourself will have new talking points to put down the Biden adminstration because his genuine solutions to illegal immigration caused a massive disruption in our agriculture and real estate markets.

JayGoogle, Rashmon, astros123 and 3 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Who needs vaccinations anyway? Not when we can insert bright lights into our body. And heck, the pandemic was fake anyway, or not as bad as the flu. It was simply going to magically disappear. Either in 15 days, or just after the election.

DVauthrin and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. fchowd0311

I hope we can keep the inflections to 15 people like Trump promised when he said he expects that to be the peak before it starts dropping.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I get it. We knew Biden would go this route when we voted him in. We disagree on these issues. I think we are far enough apart that I will not be swayed into agreeing with your stances.

12. fchowd0311

I get it. You don't have any ability to actually defend your positions. That's okay. You can believe in your positions because of tribalism or actual sincere desire to improve the nation.

And btw, you do know that Trump signed a stimulus deal during the pandemic that had unemployment higher than low wage jobs also right?

Andre0087 and Astrodome like this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I didnt agree with everything trump did. It is time to get these folks back to work. If you dont want to help Israel then I am sure you have personal reasons for that. As for the border, something needs to change. Listen to the dem leaders along the border. You are insulated from the issues being in boston. Like I said, we arent going to agree and I would rather not get into personal attacks debating this.

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I've heard that his whole term yet you and others here refused to call him out when needed. Joe Biden should have kept Trump's immigration policies and a disagree with his handling of the border. See...is it that difficult to admit when the President of the United States is ****ing up?

He's also too old but I'll take him over that lazy fat sack of **** any day.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Sometimes the name fits. What’s makes you conservative?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

Israel got plenty of uncle sams money under Trump.

We are trying to get out of the Middle East right?

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’ve been sleeping like a baby

superfob, JayGoogle, Rashmon and 5 others like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dude did you know that the Iron Dome that blocked most of the Rockets the past couple days was funded and supplied by the Obama/Biden admin?

Also today Biden said publicly that “Israel has a right to defend itself.”

Saying that publicly is actually a pretty big deal. They don’t need our help at the moment to take out Hamas. They are fully capable of that. The issue is the collateral damage and trying to protect the innocent Palestinians who are being used as human shields. After today saying that Biden needs to do more to help Israel is a pretty ill informed take. Right now Israel has had way more rope to attack by Biden than many are comfortable with, and the progressives are kind of pissed at him for it.

On the other issues with his start, look at where we were with the pandemic at the start of the year vs now. He’s done well with the #1 issue and we are so close from life coming back to some normalcy.

On inflation I personally think the supply issues are being confused for inflation. Also isn’t Trumps guy still running the Fed? I’ve seen no guidance from the Fed to the treasury to do anything differently, and Janet Yellen is as brilliant as they come running treasury. She’s the primary reason Trumps economy was rocking his first couple years with the way she ran the show down the stretch of the Obama years. It’s not a dictatorship. Biden has smart people running the economy while the other guy just brought in a slum lord whose biggest accomplishment with the terd Suicide Squad.

Biden actually is doing fine. It just goes to show that if Trump would have just hired competent experts instead of grifter billionaires and not tried to become a dictator he could have just BS’ed his way to a successful re-election. With Covid he just needed to say the right things, and let the scientists lead. Being president is hard I’m sure but the best thing you can do to make it easy on yourself is hire competent experts like Biden has.

#58 dobro1229, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Rashmon, Astrodome and astros123 like this.
  19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Why would needles at Jones Beach, New Coke and Van Halen's breakup push him over the edge after talking about serial killers and Joseph Stalin.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member