1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

2. SuraGotMadHops

I'm trying to think of a presidency during my lifetime that had two colossal eff ups in one week's time (OPEC and Afghanistan decisions).

Biden has an F minus so far on his presidential report card.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Were you born January 21, 2021@SuraGotMadHops because I have a binder of presidential **** ups to share with you over the last 20 years.

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. Gioan Baotixita

I can attest to that from my own experience. Back in 1975, Joe Biden said this about my people after the Fall of Saigon. The racist **** said “ why should we take in these refugee? America don’t owe them anything “. If this racist with half of a mind had his way, my family would have been left behind and languishing in the communist prison and died there like my uncle did from starvation. My brother and father-in law survived the commie prison but succumbed to illnesses from being starved and tortured all those years in prison.

So yeah, fukk this racist POS.

BTW- he’s doing the same thing to the Afghans now, the ones who fought side by side with us will be left to fend for themselves against the Talibans.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

President Donald Trump has asked Saudi Arabia's king to increase oil production to make up for a shortfall from Iran and Venezuela. -2018

Yet last year, when Donald Trump was president, America struck a deal with the Taliban. In exchange for a promise from the militants not to harbour international terrorists, it undertook to withdraw from Afghanistan completely. Never mind that the insurgents refused any kind of ceasefire; never mind that they offered nothing more than indirect negotiations with the American-backed government in Kabul; Mr Trump wanted a quick end to the 20-year deployment, and President Joe Biden has stuck by that callous decision.

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Afghanistan gets the press but the covid crisis on the border should at least get a mention. The news coverage dictates praise/outrage.

7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Florida, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi are still considered US states and not separate bordered entities. But I agree, definitely a crisis and definitely an issue for neighboring states like Georgia and Tennessee.

IBTL, Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Haha. I enjoy your Astros posts. There's that.

IBTL, Nook and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You'd think that Americans would want immigrants who are so industrious that they can travel all the way from the Rio Grande Valley to southern Florida while infected with COVID. They clearly have a much stronger drive than people in states with low vaccination rates who refuse a free shot that has been proven to drive down rates of infection and hospitalization across the country.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There is plenty of oil in Texas. I don't think anyone in the industry wants 40 dollar oil again.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

12. SuraGotMadHops

The less domestic production in the US (not just TX), the less projects available for people who work in O&G, which means less jobs for them, and more cost at the pump for everyone else.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How are "less jobs" resulting in increased prices for oil?

Wouldn't the opposite happen? More people underemployed or unemployed the less disposable income they have and the less disposable income they have the less likely they are going to perform energy expenditure tasks like driving more often which would lead to less demand for energy resources.

And how is stopping the construction of a pipeline meant for operation in like a decade effect the current speculative market for oil prices?

14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Cough *COVID* Cough.
    No seriously I think I have Covid.

(J/k)

IBTL likes this.
  15. SuraGotMadHops

You really are the worst at reading comprehension and understanding points. This is a production issue, that point is crystal clear in my post. Less production means higher cost at the pump, and less people working O&G jobs. It's really quite simple.

You have a habit of just taking a specific point and turning it into general subject matter just to make a statement that is totally irrelevant to the post you are replying to. You are a human pinball when it comes to organized thought and focus.

Maybe it's your PTSD.

16. fchowd0311

Domestic production of oil dramatically started to decrease under the final year of the Trump admin.

Seems like something happened during that year that resulted in a slowdown in economic production that resulted in less demand for domestic production of oil.

Maybe the sudden hault of lockdowns and restrictions dramatically increased energy demands and that production is now catching up to the new demand?

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mcrfpus1&f=m

Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

Domestic production would help with that.

18. fchowd0311

You think a ramp up in production happens over night?

Domestic production saw a steep decline the past year due to less demand. The sudden increase in demand due to lockdowns ending is outpacing the rate at which production can ramp up. That's all that it means.

So pointing to things like the Keystone Pipeline being canceled has no effect in CURRENT production of oil a that project if left alone to be completed was years away from operation.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. SuraGotMadHops

Who the hell brought up the Keystone Pipeline? I sure didn't. Another example of you interjecting things out of nowhere. Seriously, work on your focus and reading comprehension.

He should've looked into increasing production domestically before asking OPEC. Every O&G company in the US agrees. That would entail lifting the moratorium he placed on leasing in the Artic, and leasing on other federal lands.

20. fchowd0311

I brought it up because when someone says "slowing the production of domestic oil" from someone criticizing Biden it usually refers to Biden vaulting construction of the pipeline.

Because I don't know what else you are referring to when you make a claim that Biden slowed down production. Production was slowed down starting a year ago when energy demands drastically fell through the basement due to covid restrictions.

According to the graph domestic production has started it's process of increasing trying to keep up with the new found demand from last couple of month.

The increase and decrease in production is based in natural economic forces and not some direct policy of Biden or Trump.