1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

lol

LondonCalling, Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was going to post this in the Hangout hurricane thread but things are so politicized now it would like end up here.
    Biden and his Administration are working closely with DeSantis and his Administration. Biden is agreeing to DeSantis' request for Federal aid to help with the rescue and recovery of Florida.

I'm sure that there are many who won't like giving credit to Biden and there certainly are those who don't want to give credit to DeSantis but this is how the US should work. Two leaders from different parties who have been at odds with each other but working together to get through a crisis.

Nook, Space Ghost, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's only because DeSantis had the manners to say "Pretty Please" and "Thank You" to Biden.

P.S. that clip has the feel of an old school MS telethon.

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Well Biden is about as old school as they come.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

He's a spineless twerp. Voted against Sandy said but happy to take it for Florida. WEAK

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

It's just another Entitled Con who carries grievances as "Principles".

If the world burns while you profit off of it, why not?

Jebus coming for us all anyways...

7. thegary

People are praising him for doing his job regarding Ian. Well, I ducking hope so...
    He is worse than Trump in my mind.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is much better.

9. Buck Turgidson

If he had only had the last guy's magical sharpie he could have drawn the hurricane veering out to sea and prevented a whole bunch of destruction.

Thanks, Brandon.

jiggyfly, Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  10. thegary

No, he's not.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We saw how Trump reacted to disasters and it wasn't good. In addition to petty stuff like changing hurricane maps with a Sharpy he quarreled and witheld aid from states whose governors didn't kiss his @ss. He didn't want to help Puerto Rico following Maria and in some cases didn't acknowledge it was part of the US.

12. thegary

Did you notice how all the responder heads made sure to thank de satan, ala Trump, in news conferences? He has done what is best for him politically, nothing more.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes doing a good job in a disaster does help you politically. I certainly don't begrudge him that and most likely Biden will benefit politically from this too.

As I said in another thread though is one would hope that doing your job well would be enough for higher office but in today's GOP that isn't the case. I'll point out that Abbott has done a terrible job but he's likely still goign to be reelected easily. DeSantis could do less and still win reelection.

14. thegary

Hey, I hear you but the fact is, he’s terrible. Dude is not even a status quo con, he is a devolutionary maggot.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

With respect to a crisis, Biden is being a "normal" president to agree on federal aid and DeSantis is being a "normal" governor for requesting federal aid for a natural disaster. Until Trump (what an a$$ for holding aid hostage or downplaying a disaster), it has always been like this (IOW, nothing special, but of course, with today's political environment, it seems special).

DeSantis is also being a "normal" Republican (that is more on the right of the base at the time) when he voted against the $9.7B federal flood assistance package for the victims of Hurricane Sandy in NY and NJ in 2013.

It is also increasingly "normal" for Republicans to vote against disaster federal aid for other states (ideological stance of less federal gov) but request disaster federal aid for their states (reality stance of needing the federal gov).

ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think you secretly have a man crush on him :D

17. thegary

No, sweetie, that is reserved for you. ♥️

ROCKSS, jiggyfly, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I just can't stand hypocrites. DeSantis voted against the $9.7B federal flood assistance package for the victims of Hurricane Sandy in NY and NJ in 2013.

Now when a natural disaster hits his state, he's asking for assistance. Good thing democrats aren't petty, they help every state that gets hit by a natural disaster.

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

I would choose him over trump 999998 out of 999999 times.

I can't respect his PT Barnum gimmicks, but it obviously works putting him in the national spotlight.

jiggyfly and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sure DeSantis’s hypocrisy asking for federal aid after he voted against it following g Sandy should be brought up. I have no problem saying he did a good job preparing for the storm and is doing the right thing now. That doesn’t mean he’s not a big hypocrite