1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[jobs] background checks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jun 8, 2012.

1. what

what Member

I have been passed over for 2 jobs in the last month, both of which, when I finished the face to face interview, a phone interview, and all the qualifications of the intelligence testing, the vibe was that the interviewer WANTED me for the position.

In one case, after the interview, fedex had me listening to calls for 30 minutes to get a feel for the job.

In the second instance, at dish network, the guy had me sign forms for background checks and said that he thought I could help them out a lot and that somebody would be in contact with me and to expect a call.

In both cases, I never get a call, but an email saying that after careful review of your qualification, blah blah blah.

My point is that simple math is that it must be when HR gets ahold of my hiring slip that the process goes array. I don't see how I could get this far in the process and then be passed over after I KNOW that I aced the interview.

Can I do my own background check on me to find out what the hiring hr people are reviewing before deciding to pass me over?

2. astros99

astros99 Member

Do you have anything on your background? There are tons of background check sites available online as well.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They make you sign that whether you get the job or not. It just makes it easier to do the background check.

4. what

what Member

My credit is good. I have no criminal record. The only thing I can think of is my last job at AT&T I was fired for performance, but, in both cases, this was brought out early in the process.

I'm 41? It could be agism I suppose.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You can hire a background check company to conduct one easily and let you review it. Hire a private eye if you can't find a good company willing to do it.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is how the hiring process works after internet; there are too many applicants to expect your qualifications to stand out, for the hiring manager to have criteria that fits your qualifications or for there to not be 20 people in last round interviews for a single gig.

7. what

what Member

While I understand what you are saying, the interviewer stated to me that he thinks he could use me on his team and to expect to hear a call, which I never believe this anymore, but there was definite interest on his part. And this position was open to more than just one position anyway.

At the end of the interview he asked if I had questions and I asked about the challenges of the position which he laid out and then he ask me: do you STILL want this job as though it was a foregone conclusion that he was offering it to me.

However, I do KNOW that it wasn't his decision to make since he told me at the beginning of the interview that he is taking notes and passing those notes to somebody else. While the hiring manager sits back and you never see them, but your fate is in THEIR hands, not the interviewers. Which is BS to begin with.

8. HombreDeHierro

do you have to pee in a cup? just wonderin, not being facetious

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good thing you didn't get a ticket for loitering in a public park.

10. opticon

opticon Member

Alot of employers are doing credit checks now a days. Check to see if there is something there.

Also check your social network pages. Hiring managers when making close decisions do facebook stalk.