1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Job Opportunities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by axaznshortyxa, Sep 22, 2016.

1. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

Who I am-- I am a 2014 graduate of UT Austin with a BBA in Finance. I currently work at a large retailer here in Houston as a member of its FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) team. I relocated to Dallas post-grad to work in consulting for half a year and then went into mortgages for a year. Due to personal reasons, I had to relocate back to Houston and I've been with this company ever since January 2016. I am currently studying for my GMAT and looking to get my MBA somewhere in Texas (looking at Rice, UT, or UH). My piqued interest is in commercial real estate, starting off as an analyst and working my way to work in development.

What I'll be doing-- I constantly receive e-mails regarding openings in our company, ranging from entry to senior level positions, in a myriad of departments from customer service to inventory control to finance/accounting. When I receive these job postings, I'll go ahead and post them in this thread. There's also a link (at the bottom of the post) that provides all of the aggregate job openings for you to apply. If you are not interested or think the job is s***, there is no need to bash the listing. If anyone is interested or know of anyone who is, please apply. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I am happy to give a reference but ONLY as long as I get to briefly meet the candidate for a drink/meal just to know the person I'm referring. I'm no where near a recruiter and I don't have much pull so my reference will only get you so far.

Why I'm doing this-- I know that the market right now isn't as promising to some people. I know many of my friends are struggling to find jobs in their fields, even temporary jobs to keep them on their feet for the time being. I think that if we put all of our heads together, we can all network and help each other in meeting our goals and become successful. I am in no way benefiting from this-- I just hope that some of you, who are actively looking or know of someone who is, can find some solitude in your current job search or aspirations. Maybe in turn, I'll be able to pick some of your minds and get a good grasp on my career with a different perspective. I don't know if this is going to be something that is successful for a lot of you, but it's worth the try.

Tailored Brands--
    https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHo...TiRbIIV32Mo9lHPCM6Rgl4ZM2HHw8e&referer=search

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Cool beans.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link doesn't work for me.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Are people still struggling to find professional jobs? I know in Houston O&G is down, but I've seen lots of movement and attrition lately as people are jumping for better opportunities. Maybe just IT is hot?

5. axaznshortyxa

axaznshortyxa Member

Well, I never thought I'd get into the retail industry here in Houston. Honestly, I had a tough time finding opportunities in tech with only my undergrad and I had searched for about 4-5 months before accepting this job offer in January.

Try this link or this link. Couple of openings here in Houston available-- Customer Service Representative, Loss Prevention Analyst, AP Supervisor, Financial Analyst, Tax Analyst, Systems Analyst, and Senior Director of Corporate Tax.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I could use a job, 18 with a high school degree, will work for $10 a hour

Hmu CF.

#6 ThatBoyNick, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Start doing contract work. Apply at staffing agencies.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Still didn't work for me, however just going to the company's site and searching directly from there allowed me to look at the jobs

http://www.tailoredbrands.com/careers

axaznshortyxa likes this.