1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Job Creation Under Biden's Watch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 5, 2021.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I get that he's exceptionally good at being louder, more brash, etc. He's Trump for crying out loud. He's a clown, and a roadside show. A dumpster fire you cannot stop watching love or hate the guy.

However that's just him being a shock rock TV reality show personality. That's all he knows, and it's who he is.

But the learned skills that someone like Biden has from a communication, messaging, and repetition standpoint aren't all that unique for a politician. Asking Biden to suddenly be Trump-like is asking him to have a completely different personality just to get news coverage, and makes him an ignorant A-hole just trying to get his face on the news like Trump does.

I think there are modern viral marketing techniques and skills that the Dems could get MUCH better at for sure, but I think it's a mistake to think there's anything about what Trump did that is anything strategic, and ignoring his MASSIVE propaganda channel messaging advantage that Dems do not have.

If the Dems could create a perfect world strategy that doesn't include the dissolving of Facebook, and FoxNews going off the air for good, it would be to make a deal with a popular media outlet that everyone views that could get their message out like FoxNews, and have a strategy to rig the algorithms of apps like TikTok to flood apps like that with pro-dem messaging, and messaging about how terrible Republicans are.

It's less about the skills at messaging as it is the built in advantage that Republicans have that they do not give two sh$ts about media ethics, make corrupt deals with media outlets, and abuse and bully in a way that makes media outlets scared to death to censor disinformation.

I hate to sound like there's no hope, but unless Tom Steyer buys CNN or something I think the simple answer is the Dems are just going to have to work their a$$es off and rely on really good organizing, and hope that there is a higher power out there that sees what the Republicans get away with and stops letting them get away with it.

#61 dobro1229, Dec 10, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  2. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

i don’t mean Biden should try to adopt Trumps persona or communication style. Rather, he should take steps to achieve some of the messaging and presence that Trump did, but in Biden’s own way, within the context of his personality and external factors. I guess I’m wondering if that’s even recognized as priority for the administration. Maybe they don’t recognize the need. Or they do, but don’t think Biden can deliver.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im 100% certain every Dem knows they have a messaging issue… whether it’s their skills and delivery or their capabilities through propaganda infrastructure.

I mean the fact is they fundamentally aren’t going to be shock rock attention grabbing when they are focused on things like infrastructure, healthcare, taxes, etc. but that’s their job. It’s why we put them in DC. They just aren’t wired to be provocateurs like Trump is.

Even Obama who is a mega celebrity with crazy good media skills couldnt get his approval numbers up via messaging even when he passed the ACA, saved the auto industry and big banks, and was in charge when gay marriage was legalized.

I’ve thought a lot about this and I just think the only realistic solution is for a major media enterprise to get funded and have a social media platform. Steyer and Bloomberg could join forces and get this off the ground if they wanted to.

But everyone is worried about optics… for which I say screw that at this point. FoxNews is straight up propaganda and full of lies. You can have a quality service that doesn’t even need to lie for a living. Just tell your story and represent your America. It’s existence also by default will shift the lazy messaging at CNN and MSNBC who do NOT want to lose left leaning viewers.

In the short term, yes Dems need to be finding ways of trying to go viral in a positive way. An example is Beto going viral when he went bold talking about kneeling for the anthem. That helped him. But they his attempt to go viral again with the “hell yes” comment about guns might be the nail in the coffin for his career in high ranking Texas governing positions. So viral attention grabbing moments can really help from a messaging standpoint but AGAIN because Dems don’t have a propaganda messaging network to relay that message, they rely on the idiots at CNN and Mr. Whataboutism Chuck Todd at MSNBC to concur their intent and end message.

subtomic likes this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

All the messaging comes from fox news and guys like limbaugh/ hannity. The republican fringe messaging started out late night fringe in 90s infomercial stuff and with enough airtime it becomes more of a thing. Same way it's funny to hear people in england or some far reach talk about osteen.we all still see him as a wee lad we remember from the 'oasis of love' and you can see the reach is actually having impact. It's weird but people can advertise for anything and get people into it. I started a business in a specific area I knew nothing about.. started advertising and then one day it struck me as funny and odd people calling me to talk about what I was selling and I had no idea of.

If I can find 3 suckers in stinkadena then wash rinse repeat and I can take the whole of Mississippi!!

I was listening to sports radio and they have commercials about 'bidens radical agenda'
    It sounds like a stance.
    This is on mainstream radio not conservative radio.

projecting when they are radical gives them something to believe in and guys like putin love how stupid the average american. Gotta give credit they are good at scare tactics and trying to introduce big words. It's obvious though. Same as the word 'antifa'.. Talk about lab created that comes straight from a linguistics word panel and case study.. fortunately putin not all the way right most of us dumb americans weren't going to fall for a new word created in a lab .. and that said antifa sounds nice and robust like a giant great dane puppy turd.good one guys..

so while they are all wearing their jfk jr shirts from dealey plaza and running the next mind control sheep conspiracy they are falling hook line and sinker for these talking points and wordsmithing...it's funny to me how they themselves controlled. Same way I laugh at my sister in law benny hill style when she talks talking about pelosi. Talk about derangement syndrome lol. It's really remarkable.so I give some credit where due. We are talking fringe people with a voice that have taken over the republican party. Even cheney the great patriarch has lost its name.. antifa just another lab created word.

It's like when you hear a redneck talk about psi you know they haven't the slightest idea yet it sounds smart. Same reason rednecks love the word "pneumatic" I admit it does sound cool..
    And really it's all because of the "R" which used to mean something growing up.

The messaging is a simplistic well played conspiracy itself.

The antifa deal was a classic case study. Most are cynical enough to laugh when they hear it but the reality is that was one of their big failed word plays. But you got to see it in action.it was interesting..

They message over and over and often they fail... .but talk about a conspiracy ..these dudes ..once the message is out are really good at parroting.

It works too and like any 25 year long infomercial you will get many to buy.
    Still the antifa one gives me the most chuckles.

There is no fear to manufacture from the dems so we shall see how everyone feels with actual results like an infrastructure bill or a plan to fight covid , gas prices, unemployment etc..

Their infomercials are better. Bottom line..if can actually show what is what it might get through to some.. even then all this weird stuff with trying to decertify democratic election is concerning no doubt.
    Fringe is taken over along with disingenuous pieces of sh#it like the ones here. It's a shame but the reality is they buy airspace and clicks. It works

5. adoo

adoo Member

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Payroll survey revised upward by 141,000 for Oct/November.

It's crazy how much the headline number is reported, then the actual number turns out to be 50-100% different from the reported number, and it never gets noted.

It's like saying the Rockets scored 114 pionts against the Wizards, and then a month later you look up the box score and it's been revised to 158 points.

The only explanation is "well that's the way we always report these numbers - wrongly/dumbly" - but like....WHY?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

Agree with Daniel Dale, its a stupid reporting of the chart. Better to simply show the chart and mention the job growth trajectory without referring to the previous year.

10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

12. adoo

adoo Member

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We all look forward to getting back to pre-pandemic levels of everything so this is good. The unemployment rate only ticked up a bit even with omicron so it sounds like folks are getting back to work. I couldn't imagine being unemployed with the prices of goods and services right now.

14. SamFisher

The December number was revised upwards from "disappointing" 199,000 to 510,000.

Remember the tone of the NYT coverage as basically that it was The Great Depression

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/business/economy/jobs-report-december-2021.html

Sure they'll issue a correction on page 1

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Brandon freaking killing it on the Economy.

Way to go.

DaDakota likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The country always thrives under the democrats and withers under the republicans.

DD

18. SamFisher

Actually the problem now is immigration.

Not that the wall isn't built or the Fox News Caravanaserais - but that there's not enough to sustain our growing economy.

19. SamFisher

Looks like Trump and Republican presidents in general have a hard time measuring up.

In seriousness - ****IN FISCAL POLICY, MOTHER****ERS

Any economist who ever doubted keynes should never work again.

Sadly they will all continue working at the same job, which is to keep rich people rich. or richer and pretend like there's a science behind it.

No Worries and cdastros like this.
  20. cdastros

cdastros Member

Trump was correct for once.

SamFisher likes this.