1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joakim Noah or Yi Jianlian?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by johnkamla, Aug 26, 2006.

1. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

2. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

If u ever watch yi jianlian play, his style somewhat resembles chris bosh. great hops, long arms, athletic, shoots the mid range J well, excellecent rebounder.

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

You have to forgive them. Not many have 20/20 foresight. :)

#43 wnes, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  4. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

His 18 moves

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lF3Vgs53o8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lF3Vgs53o8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. rocketman1979

I doubt Joakim has better shooting skills or athletic ability.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6plJTvMW04"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6plJTvMW04" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

His mixtapes have the worst music. :D

6. batizy

batizy Member

Noah is absolutely in 3 if Florida will go to sweet 16
    Yi will be 10 - 15, maybe drop since NCAA this year is unpredictable.

With Culture, Language and Character issues like Wang having before, it is tough for Yi also.

The big difference between Yao and Yi is that Yao has an open and optimistic mind, easy to plug into America. No 1 pick is also giving Yao many chances.

No Doubt! Pick Noah!

7. rocketman1979

Heres a video clip of Noah. :)
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc8GO8-q4iQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hc8GO8-q4iQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. compucomp

compucomp Member

Yi is not great at shooting 3's. He can shoot the midrange shot well but not very well out to three point range. He's pretty quick and is quite athletic.

Watching him in the WBC... I'm not sure what to make of him. He needs to bulk up for sure, watching big centers like Santiago or DHoward physically overpower him was discouraging. Playing with Yao suppressed his game I think, he didn't get many chances to post up, and was forced to play on the perimeter with big Yao clogging up the paint, making it hard for him to drive. Jonas also fell in love (figuratively) with Wang Zhizhi and gave him minutes at the expense of Yi's minutes.

Before this WBC, all I saw of him was the 2004 Olympics, when he was like 17 years old and didn't play, and in highlight reels, so I wasn't sure about his defense. Well, I saw that his shot-blocking ability is excellent, but his lack of strength hurt him when guarding post players or when rebounding. He also had some Stro-like missed rotations and stuff.

I think he has potential, but watching him in the WBC revealed his flaws. I think if Noah played for Team France this past summer, we would have seen flaws that may not have been revealed when going against college competition.

Personally I think he is better than Noah. Noah right now has no shot outside of 5 feet. His handles aren't as good as Yi's. He may be more athletic, but I don't think by much. I'd go for Yi.

9. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I just want, some way, to see yao and yi play together. I dunno. I just think it'd be cool. not necessarily what's best for the team, though I think it would be best for yi. yao has been there. yi could learn alot.

10. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

I assume you are going to pick up his paycheck? :confused:

11. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

no lol if the opportunity would be beneficial for all parties then I'd say go for it. all I meant is that yao would be a big help to yi.

12. hydrolisko

hydrolisko Member

Noah is a Chandler at best, Yi will either become a Nowitzki or a Wang Zhizhi all over again. Take your pick. I'd go with yi.

13. rocketman1979

Yi Jianlian top ten dunks
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TxHjuRoTLxA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TxHjuRoTLxA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. dwc13

dwc13 Member

Uh, nobody deserves to be burdened with that tag!

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

[​IMG]

Is this faked by ps? His face is too relax while jumping that high.

If Dwright Howard can kiss the rim, Yi looks like he can piss on it.

16. rocketman1979

Its real, noone would waste their time doing some ps of Yi Jianlian

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Geez, all the hate for Noah. I'm sure you'd all be talking differently if he were playing for your team. Wow, one highlight of someone dunking on him. That trumpets winning the NCAA title for you guys? If so, you can have it. It's like ESPN where Yao has the best game of his career and all they can show in the highlights is the one dunk by a scrub on him.

Noah was playing pretty well all season last year (I went to some of our games) but didn't get much attention because Florida was under the radar. He shows great hustle, he's quick, has good handles for his size, is a good passer, and is just all-around great on the defensive end. For all the love Hayes gets (and appropriately) I would figure Rocket fans could appreciate those assets here. At WORST, I think he'll eventually be a solid starting role player. At worst, he'll still be better than Haslem (another Gator, and that's not a knock on Haslem either).

And don't sleep on Horford. He was in the shadow of Noah last year, but this year the NCAA will realize we have our own twin towers. Expect Horford to be drafted pretty high this year. Book it.

18. highfly

highfly Member

Yi is the unknown factor in the US and that makes him pretty appealing, Jo is definitely more accomplished in higher level of competition. Jo will probably be a lottery pick given that he'll keep it up this year as well.
    I think it would be good for Yi to play a year in Euroleague competition so he can measure how good he is at an intermediate level before giving the NBA a shot.
    He didn't make this decision because he might risk his reputation by not being so dominant as in CBA. In addition he didn't do much in the recent WC's in Japan. Overall I think he deserves to be a first rounder in the draft but he can't be compared to Yao.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I hope Yi drops so we can scoop him up! I've been high on this kid for years.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'll go with the proven commodity every time. Joaqim Noah is a winner form a big time college program, I'd rather take him than some tall skinny Chinese guy...oh wait.

No seriously, I really would take Noah over Yi, who seems to do a great impression of Stromile Swift in a Chinese body.