1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jkidd to Houston? (Charles Barkley)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 31, 2008.

1. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

you guys are kidding, right?

We need more shooters: Kidd is not, at no longer.
    We need more penetrators: Kidd used to be, but no longer.

Kidd will saddle Rox with huge contract - no, please no.

BTW, did you guys see Lakers deal for Gasol? Monster deal, dang, making Lakers instant contender, esp when the Baby returns.

2. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

You do know that Kidd is a lock for the hall of fame don't you? I think hes in the top 7 pg's to ever play the game.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So? Mutombo's probably a hall of famer too. Just because you had a great career and reputation doesn't make you a star now. Jason Kidd is not great anymore. Defensively, Jason Kidd has been living on reputation for years now. He is so slow laterally these days that he routinely gets blown by faster PG's. Yes, he's a good post defender, better than any PG in our roster, but we have Yao down there. Jason Kidd is letting his opponent score 106 points per 100 possessions (pretty bad for someone who is often referred to as a "great" defender). He's having a pretty terrible year defensively. Just for kicks, Rafer allows 104 points per 100 possessions.

I'm not defending Rafer, I really want an upgrade at PG spot desperately, but Jason Kidd is not the answer. Especially at his price.

4. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

How is Jason Kidd not a star anymore, not too long ago, like weeks ago, wasn't the guy basically getting triple doubles every night???

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah triple doubles in which he scores 12 points off 18 shots.

6. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

how many shots does he take per game? I dont really want him on the team, i think bibby and cassell would be better options but kidd is still a star.

7. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

For those of you saying that Kidd has 1-2 years left, I think you may want to reconsider. Regardless of his age, he's still playing basketball in the summer with the Team USA, and still going strong. I think he has a good 4 years left. Be that as it may, I don't see him coming to Houston.

8. pchan

pchan Member

for those of you watching the pacer broadcast.. did the lady just said "she hated it"???

9. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

tmac to kings for bibby + artest =] and of course, fillers.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

who wants to give up carl landry or aaron brooks :confused:

11. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

We absolutely need another all star of some sort on this team. Lakers just became a potential dynasty overnight. On paper, they would kill us and most other teams as well.

Kobe, Odom, Bynum, Gasol - jeez, that's like a fantasy team.

12. itony

itony Member

has everyone forgotten about the whole tmac carter thing with the raps? they cant play together at all. maybe a trade somehow for jkidd and vc for tmac + extras would be more likely than jkidd and the younger rj

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

You do know that Kidd had his beat year as a pro last year, and is having another great year this season. Its not his fault his team is losing so bad. Oh yea I forgot another thing he average a triple double in last year playoffs and is almost doing it this season. Bottom line Kidd is still GREAT.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You got it, man. That is the sad truth. The Lakers are going to be awesome.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

on paper they are.

but let's look a bit closer: bynum is not going to be fully healthy when he returns and he's still too inexperienced to turn it up 2-3 notches when he hasn't played in a while. when he does play, he's not going to get the same looks and touches that he got once before with gasol around. that might decrease his focus in the game (remember, he's still very young and if he's not involved in the game, he still loses focus at times). with gasol now being the main big guy, bynum might not be as good as before.

and gasol is a good player. but i think landry/scola can nearly cancel him out.

again, all lakers-rockets game will be close. it's all about our stars v. their stars. right now, kobe has the edge, but we'll see.

16. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I would trade T-Mac for Jason Kidd in a New York minute and twice on Sunday. :D

That would put us over the top and Kidd will get into the paint. Not to mention being a mentor to AB. It also gets rid of the "get the ball to T-Mac and then everyone else stand around and watch" syndrome.