1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jkidd to Houston? (Charles Barkley)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Which is 2 more than T-mac has now!! :D

Nah, Im just yankin your chain, I like Tracy :D

2. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I say that all the time.

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

Tracy is only 28 while Kidd is 35 theres no way in hell Tracy will retire first. Tracy is not on the decline he just can't stay healthy right now, he still has a lot of great basketball in him.

The only reason Tracy didn't make the all-star team this year was becasue he miss 15 games. He was have be the starter if it wasn't for the games he miss did you forget he only loss by 10,000 votes to AI? So theres no doubt in my mind that if Tracy stay healthy next seson and so on he will be an all-star for more seasons to come.

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

Wouldn't it be nice if Kidd took a big pay cut to play in Houston like GP and the mailman did to play for the Lakers. :D

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

Thats the smartest comment I've read on this board.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Jason Kidd is the most r****dedly overrated player. How much would we improve from Rafer? He shoots equally as bad, does pass better but is somewhat negated by his turnovers (He has a 14.4 turnover rate compared to Rafer's 11.0), is an exceptional defensive rebounder but why would we need defensive rebounding? We're 9th in the league in defensive rebounding, improving to 7th won't help our team that much. Yes, Kidd gets you open shots, but our problem isn't that we can't get open shots it's that we can't hit them. So, is a marginal upgrade in PG worth the ridiculous contract of an aging player?

7. YourSecretLover

Shane Battier,Mike James, and Rafer Alston works

Jason Kidd/Aaron Brooks/Steve Francis
    Bonzi Wells/Luther Head/Kirk Synder
    Tracy McGrady/Steve Novak
    Luis Scola/Chuck Hayes/Carl Landry
    Yao Ming/ Dikembe Mutumbo

a guy can dream can he?

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kidd also takes too many 3s. He has no business doing that.

The smartest thing the Spurs ever did was NOT TRADING Tony Parker for Kidd.

9. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Jason Kidd can penetrate and give Yao better passes for easy dunks. We dont need his scoring as much since we have Tmac and Yao. He's more of the setup guy. Kidd will push the momentum of the game and find the open guys. Better passer, better rebounder, better court awareness, and simply runs the team better then Rafer.

10. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

I don't think Kidd can help Rocket much. We need a PG who can pass AND can shoot. I think Rafer handles well and pass well. He just doesn't shoot very well. Defensively, I give Rafer a pass and Kidd may have some edge. But Kidd is already 35 years old!

With Calderon out of the picture, Bibby is a much better choice in my opinion.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It will be nice if Kidd come to Houston on the cheap like GP and Mailman, not going to happen though. :(

12. Guru

Guru Member

Nice Post!

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Now that trade I would do. Too bad the Nets aren't idots. Wait, they are trading for Stromile so.....you're telling me there's a chance?!?

14. Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder Member

I find this post hilarious.....you forgot one small thing??DEFENSE....as in Kidd won't get abused in the post by Deron, BD, Paul and every other quality pg that abuses Rafer late in games and takes over. Not to mention, Kidd's passing and ball handling is superior to Alston's. I don't even know why I'm arguing Alston compared to a hall of fame PG. Don't you think if Kidd has Yao on his team and tmac, he'd be a tad more motivated then he is on the Nets? Don't respond that he has vince and RJ because that isn't equivalent. The Nets are a bad team, the Rockets are not.

And don't dismiss rebounding like it isn't a huge part of the game, cleaning up the glass is like turnovers in football, it gives teams extra possessions, so I wouldn't downplay it.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Man this is sad. Lakers got Gasol by getting rid of a bad player and some team is going to have to pay dearly to get Kidd.

16. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

If lakers can get Gasol for Kwame Brown+scrub, I say we can get Jason Kidd for Aaron Brooks+kirk snyder. (not salary wise but skill wise)

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

Houston need to sign Moochie a one-year 14M contract and send him together with Mike Jame to get Kidd.

18. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Yep, the same guy said yao wouldn't score more than 20 points and end up kissing donkey's ass. Lets really get excited here. Woohoo!

19. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Brilliant!

20. Coog

Coog Member

Nice! If only Isiah Thomas was the Nets' GM.....

Kidd here only works if TMac stays--otherwise, you've robbed Peter to pay Paul.

TMac for Bibby/Artest works better for me, but I doubt the Kings would listen.