1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jkidd to Houston? (Charles Barkley)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 31, 2008.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's what I get for asking my ABC friend and he said it should be that since its the name of a Twins song. I hate twins.

2. rocket3forlife2

Yes we need to get kidd here with t mac and yao...looking at his numbers this year looked very bob sura like.

3. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Lets look at those statements again then.

...may retire before kidd
    There is good a reason to be worried that tmac may call it quits in 2010 because when is the last time you have heard a star athlete in their 20's complain about how old he feels time and time again. When he was first traded here, he mentioned how he was a very old 25. Since then I've heard it again and again. This coupled with the fact that his true passion is baseball and how he would one day like to pursue it, along with his back problems should worry any fan. And I think its pretty obvious to any fan that has seen jason kidd play this year, that he looks pretty damn quick and good for his age. Kidd is also a big pg and not a scorer and will not need his athleticism as much as a shooting guard.

Most likely will not be an all star again
    I say most likely because he can always sneak in with the chinese vote. But will he be deserving be an all star again? I doubt it, and I'm not hating, just telling the truth. For the guard position, there are only 5 spots and I can name 3 almost certain locks for the next few years, kobe, nash, paul. Then competing for the remaining 2 spots, you have allen iverson who produces as much as tmac except is much more durable and reliable, davis who is as good though injury prone also, then brandon roy, deron williams, and kevin martin who are emerging stars that will surpass tmac any year now, then parker and ginobili who are consistently underrated who play on a good team. You need to open your eyes, the league is changing in front of us, there are just too many good guards in the west.

4. drich

drich Member

rafer shoots 39% 32%3pt 11.7ppg 5.6asst. 2.17TO 3.6rpg

not a huge upgrade considering we have tmac to go alone with these stats now adding kidd and losing tmac with kidd's stats alone just isn't going to get us anywhere

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You're not telling the truth ricky. Truth is youre making a bad guess.

6. drich

drich Member

in 2010 tmac 31 and jkidd 36

7. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

i have never seen tmac so underestimated and so undervalued before. and this is a rockets forum.

8. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Keeping Jefferson and VC while getting Tmac makes no sense. One plays SG, one plays SF whats the third do PF??? None of them are good enough to be PG or big enough to PF. If we somehow get Kidd, Jefferson will come along meaning we would have to give up a whole lot. I've already posted this but tmac-Rafer-kirk for kidd-jeffer works in trade machine and what we give them may very well be more than anyone else is offering. It boils down to one thing. Is NJ wanting to part with two of three stars at once? I would doubt it.

Interesting note ... if I'm not mistaken we drafted Jefferson.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i just love how people want to trade t-mac beacause they attack him as "quitting" on the team for jason kidd - who admited he quit on his team.

10. Vivid

Vivid Member

The feeling among NBA executives that the Mavericks are the most likely winners in the Jason Kidd trade sweepstakes is even stronger now, according to an ESPN.com report.

Reason: within 24 hours of Kidd saying that it's time for him and the Nets "all to move on" in separate directions, New Jersey and Dallas engaged in advanced trade discussions with Portland on a three-way deal that would land Kidd back with the team that drafted him.

Such a trade would involve at least a dozen players, cash, and future draft picks. In a breakdown of the principles, Portland would receive the Mavericks' Devin Harris and possibly Brandon Bass; New Jersey would obtain draft and financial considerations, Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse, and three prospects from Portland (Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye and Jarrett Jack); the Mavericks would land Kidd

I would love for this to happen... I feel that we would have a much better time handling Dallas without Dirty Flopper Harris and I run up the score Stackhouse... Bass is also solid... also Dallas loses draft picks so they won't improve in the future... Portland loses some great prospects and Nets still suck... yes a lose lose lose....well not really...J Kidd gives Dallas a winner... but he is not someone that can beat the Rockets... This trade would be awesome for us fans...
    Side note-Sacramento Bee -
    The Sacramento Kings are not against trading forward Ron Artest before the NBA's trade deadline, according to the Sacramento Bee.

Both Artest and Kings' President Geoff Petrie spoke about the possibility that the versatile forward's days are numbered in Sacramento earlier this week.

"I've talked to Ron twice in the last two weeks about a lot of different things," Petrie told the Bee on Wednesday night. "The biggest thing for him and everybody else is to keep playing as well as you can. Everybody knows the trading deadline is coming up. Like I've said before, we're not averse to trading anybody if it benefits us in some way and our future, and I think (Artest) is comfortable with that."

Looks like the Kings don't want to let Artest go for nothing. I think J kidd to Houston is impossible unless you trade Tmac or Yao...and that is a big step backwards. Artest however is possible...despite any "grudges" the Kings have against the Rocks...faced with the possiblity that Artest may just up and leave them for nothing...and if the Rocks offer a solid package...who knows...they might bite. I propose a James/Head plus lottery pick for him...this is assuming that James still has game and the Kings feel he could be a sparkplug when Bibby and Martin go to the bench. Another alternative is Francis/Snyder/Head and a lottery pick...in both scenerios the kings get a solid young prospect with 1 year left. In scenerio A the Kings get a scorer to fill Artest's void while picking up solid young player and a draft pick... scenerio B they dump 5 million off the books, keep Head for a year and get a draft pick... essentially money, pick and Head....seems like a solid offering. If they go with scenerio A we could try to pry Cassel for Snyder and a future pick.

Yao Landry
    Scola Hayes
    Artest Battier
    Tmac Wells
    Cassel Alston

-V

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Artest takes way too many shots. But having him back with bonzi might make him happier, who knows? If the rockets can get him for small, minor pieces, it would be good though. Damnit, the rockets are missing a very elusive piece to the puzzle.

12. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

hahaha, so which one are TOF or ROF?

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is just right on the money........

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Having Artest on the Rockets is tempting but like you said he takes way too many shots and demands them too. He could mess up team chemistry even without his behavioral problems. Having said that I do believe he wants to win.

15. battousai

battousai Member

Reading thru these posts, some of you just made me mad and upset.

First of all, the possibility of getting Kidd is close to 10%. One reason, Les is trying to stay under the cap and Morey is trying to find trades in order to get us below the lux tax. why would we take on Kidd's 20 mil a year contact for year and half? If we can't offer him at least 16 mil per year extension, he will walk anyway.

Why the 10%? if no one around the league can offer anything decent to the Nets, our offer of alston, MJ, (11 mils) + filters like head, wells, hayes...etc for around 15 mil in order to match 75% of kidd's 19.1 mil and 20.9 mil next year. (if we offer battier the salary match would be better)

Kidd will worth the year and a half rental if we keep our core players around along with our rookies. However, les will need to open his wallet really for sure this time around.

Nets is not going to give up kidd + jefferson for Tmac.

some of you said kidd can't shoot. however, I don't see kidd any worst then alston. Not to mention kidd can pass and with Tmac and Yao, we can now run or post up.

If Tmac really going to retire after his two years contract then adding Kidd would make even more sense.

The Time is Now!

16. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I do not think nets will give up rj, why they want a combo of carter and tmac? intstead, they may offer kidd/carter for tmac/alston/ + something like wells/head, you think it's a fair deal?

17. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Tmac isn't playing as hard as he could be. Is he saving something for the 2nd half of the season, or the playoffs, or his he really that bothered by "tendinitis" and flu like symptoms and his back and his little finger on his left hand and his ear lobe which is too heavy and causing pain in his neck? I mean he's already admitted that he didn't even show up for games in Orlando and he's definitely not showing up for games in Houston as well. He has no heart. Kidd said that he doesn't think that this combo in NJ is working but night in and night out he plays with 100% effort and heart. So if you are going to base this trade on character, Kidd >>>>>>>>> Tmac.

The problem is, I know that Tmac still has that unstoppable superstar capability. His weakness is mental I think. I hope that he can overcome it. The fact is, we can win it all with the team that we currently have. We are getting better, slowly. Hopefully we can make the playoffs and peak at the right time. I still believe that we have a good chance to win it all this year. keep the faith beeeatches

18. rocketsmetalspd

The key to your second paragraph is what concerns me about T-Mac, "His Weakness is mental". Even T-Mac has stated that he does not have the drive like Kobe does to win at all cost. I wish TMac would just get better at it.

19. Seth

Seth Member

That would be a GREAT trade for houston, but for the nets??? Could You imagine a team with T-Mac and Vince Carter?? they will need 2 balls.

20. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Those two don't have two balls between them.