1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jkidd to Houston? (Charles Barkley)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Raven

Raven Member

I don't the the organization has the balls to trade Tracy for Kidd. It's a deal that could either be extremely good or extremely bad.

Same goes for dealing Tracy straight up for Artest and Bibby.

2. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

superstar = 超级明星

3. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

maybe two years

4. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

TOTALLY AGREE!

5. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Rick Bucher would disagree. In one of his radio interviews posted on this site, he said we would not be able to get a jason kidd for tmac, but more like a richard jefferson. I'm just pointing out that not everyone thinks a tmac for kidd swap would be skewed against the rockets. Lets be honest here at macs resume.

0-6 first round playoff record
    0-3 in series his team has been up by 2 games
    Questionable heart/known to quit trying
    Questionable leadership
    Injury prone
    Clearly on the decline and may retire before kidd
    Most likely will not be an all star again

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

That's not "honest," that's just dumb.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kidds shorter contract would be nice.....

8. ryanbowen

ryanbowen Member

i will pull the trigger if only Jefferson is included, TMAC + any of this fillers (Mike James, Steve Francis, Chuck Hayes, Bonzi, Steve Novak, Luther James, Rafer Alston,) for JKidd + Jefferson, get r done.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Snyder
    Wells
    Francis
    James
    Battier

For

Kidd

Snyder/Wells/Francis comes off the books after this year (about 8 mil I think). Battier's the defensive player they SORELY need and James...well...it's James.

Works under the trade machine....just saying....

*whistling*
    Yao
    Scola
    McGrady
    Head
    Kidd

Alston/Brooks/Landry/Hayes/Novak

*keeps on whistling*

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the whole idea is to put kidd in with t-mac and yao. We're not going to trade t-mac for kidd.

I would think the Nets would want some of our young guys and all.

But yeah, I can't see how it would work with the salaries.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy straight up for artest and bibby is a steal.

bibby is a great shooting PG and artest has toughness. but i doubt the kings would give up that much for tracy.

12. carib

carib Member

The Kidd trade for Tmac is not likely. Tmac would join Vince Carter and Jefferson who play similar positions, Thorn would not do that.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

didn't ppl say the same thing in 05-06?

trust me man, tmac was KILLIN ppl earlier in the yr when he was healthy. he was blowing by ppl when he came back for 4 games even on one knee.

dude's not an all-star b/c he didn't play in enough games. his skills didn't deteriorate. teams still defend him like he's kobe when he's on the damn court. i never saw sloan double a perimeter player straight up consistently like he did in the 2nd half in the utah game.

TRUST ME, tmac will be rested for the 2nd half and playoffs. he will shut the haters up.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Isn't Kidd's shooting as inconsistent as Rafers? No thanks.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Interesting to see what people think of this, particularly fans who aren't attached to the situation (ie not Rox or Nets fans).

I personally can't see this as a step up. Every championship team has at least 2 scoring threats. Kidd does not replace Tmac in that respect. And no offense to the rest of the team, I don't think Kidd will make anyone else a serious scorer...at least this year.

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

If you can trade McGrady for similar talent (similar in age) or high draft picks, then you make that deal, maybe. But to suggest that the Rockets would be a vastly improved team by trading Kidd for McGrady is ridiculous.

Jason Kidd's Nets were exactly at .500 last season. They only won 41 games in the EAST. The Rockets, led by McGrady (especially during Yao's long injury, when they had that spectacular stretch), were 22 games over .500 in the WEST. The New Jersey Nets have won that many games once in their team's history.

In the six previous seasons Jason Kidd has spent with the Nets, they have won over 50 regular season games once. In McGrady's three complete seasons here, his team has won 50 games or more twice. Again...this is in the WEST.

McGrady in Houston : 2 out of 3 seasons with 50 or more regular season wins.
    Kidd in New Jersey : 1 out of 6 seasons with 50 or more regular season wins.

Before McGrady became a Rocket, the last time Houston had won 50 games or more was in 1997.

The 34-Year-Old Kidd is shooting 0.366 from the field this season. The 28-Year-Old McGrady is shooting 0.440. That's McGrady's highest shooting percentage since 2003. Clearly a player in the final lap of his career. :rolleyes:

I want the Rockets to be a better team, whether that is with McGrady or not. Some people here have let their creepy personal animosity towards Tracy overtake their concern for the team's improvement.

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's a conspiracy. Didn't Greg Anthony say pretty much exactly the same thing on ESPN, about a Kidd trade "taking the pressure off of T-Mac"?

Coincidence? Or Kidd whispering in the ears of his buddies "I want to go to Houston to play with McGrady and Yao"? ;)

18. rocketsfaninsa

there's no helping the nets, they have bigger issues than a 9 game losing streak. jason kidd would help us out a lot, half court game or not.

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Only way Jason Kidd would be of any help to us is a core of Yao, T-Mac, Shane, Scola, Brooks and Landry is not traded. Price is not worth it if you dilute your long term core or your key players (which the above are).

20. rockets fan

rockets fan Rookie

I'm not sure if you've watched any games this season, but it's blatantly obvious now that we play a slow pace because of T-mac, not Yao.