1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Swaggart

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by outlaw, Sep 20, 2004.

1. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Yeah, really. I always figured he was an imaginary monster conjured by the Christian right to keep teens from having premarital sex.

Go figure.

2. Summer Song Giver

If you refuse to judge all Islamists by there extreme fundies please don't do the same to Christians. Swaggart is a proven sinner and more than likely much more a tool for the devil than a tool for Christ (assuming both exist, I don't know).

I have little doubt that individually Christ would have more love and compassion for the sinner than any of these guys do. Love the sinner, hate the sin. All that said and Swaggart is still an idiot who the devil loves to hear open his mouth becasue all he does is turn more people off to Christ. Assuming there is a constant battle between good and evil for the souls of men I have little doubt which side men like these play for.

3. Summer Song Giver

not too dumb to know when to use their

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Those that contribute can edit their posts and cover up their mistakes before others catch them. (I do it constantly...) Just a suggestion. :D

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is way too long for an article title. Do you actually expect me to give you the job?

6. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

The only person Swaggart reflects is himself. Not even a hate-filled fool like him can tarnish the beauty of Jesus's message of compassion and love.

I apologize if I offended you.

7. Summer Song Giver

Nah, not at all. Sorry I misunderstood your post.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Christianities version of the lunatic fringe.

DD

9. Summer Song Giver

Cept he hasn't flown any planes into any gay clubs..... yet ;)

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I bet Swaggart totally had a boner when he said this.