1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Johnson prefers Lions to Texans job

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by liamrock, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. liamrock

    liamrock Contributing Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2003
    Messages:
    1,281
    Likes Received:
    14
    ProFootballtalk.com reports that Jimmy Johnson is flirting with a job with the Detroit Lions.
    The site nailed the Dan Reeves hire on Monday and this news comes from the same source. If Johnson ever made a return to coaching, he would likely also have personel control. That would be the end of Matt Millen. Dec. 13 - 2:51 pm et
    Source: ProFootballtalk.com


    Go to profootballtalk.com where there's an article that states that McNair contacted Johnson about a job similar to Reeves' and Johnson turned him down due to his interest in Lions.
     
  2. Rockets34Legend

    Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2002
    Messages:
    20,882
    Likes Received:
    15,828
    CNNSI: Hard to believe teams tank games for draft position

    delete
     
  3. gucci888

    gucci888 Contributing Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2002
    Messages:
    17,088
    Likes Received:
    6,358
    That kinda sucks, but JJ wouldn't take a consulting job that may last only 6 weeks over head coaching job w/ possible GM powers.

    I honestly think JJ has the interest of returning to the sidelines and from his comments lately, I don't think the Texans are out of the question. Hopefully, McNair will give JJ a call at the end of the season and offer him the head coaching job.
     
  4. sbyang

    sbyang Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2002
    Messages:
    1,937
    Likes Received:
    43
    Just so everyone knows PFT is a little more reliable than the ESPN message boards, just a little.

    This is a fun site to read sometimes but take what Mike Florio says with a grain of salt, he's guessing 90% of the time and being used by agents the other 10%.
     
  5. liamrock

    liamrock Contributing Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2003
    Messages:
    1,281
    Likes Received:
    14
  6. Harrisment

    Harrisment Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2001
    Messages:
    15,392
    Likes Received:
    2,157
  7. Hippieloser

    Hippieloser Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2003
    Messages:
    8,213
    Likes Received:
    1,973
    Hmm. I wonder why he's got such a boner over the Detroit job.
     
  8. RocketFan007

    RocketFan007 Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2001
    Messages:
    5,152
    Likes Received:
    206
    A ton of offensive talent.
     

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now