1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ferrari77, Jan 11, 2022.

1. raining threes

He barely missed a throw to Sanders.

Face facts the 49ers wouldn't be where they are today without Jimmy G. Same as when they made it to a SB.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

In the NFC Champ Game 2 years ago, when they made it to the SB, he was 6-8 for 77 yards, while the team rushed 42 times for around 300 yards, and the defense forced 3 turnovers.

mikol13 and Fulgore like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Except you wouldn't need the one drive if you didn't suck the rest of the game. He tried his best to give the Dallas game away; he chocked badly in the 4th quarter of the Superbowl. They tried to hide him completely in the GB game 2 years ago. Again, there's a reason his genius coach wants desperately to get rid of him.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

These folks crack me up. They're the kind of people who think a coin is more likely to land on tails after a heads flip. They follow hunches right off cliffs and have no understanding of probability and the math behind it.

Fyreball, Buck Turgidson and Major like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If Jimmy G is SO great, then why did the 49ers draft a QB in the 1st round? He cannot stay healthy and he is very inconsistent.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Put up 6 pts and passed for 131 yds. He was basically 2000 Trent Dilfer

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dilfer hid the white suit.

8. Damion Laverne

We'll see how long the Niners can go with Jimmy putting up the numbers he's putting up.

At some point, the defense will crack and he'll have to put together more than just one drive

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Please do not listen to @raining threes he thinks Tannehill, Goff, Wentz, and Jimmy G are better than Deshaun Watson.

Sooty and Fulgore like this.
  10. raining threes

He missed a long pass by inches in the SB. It happens. I put more stock in how a guy can comeback and lead his team to victory when he hasn't played well than I do a bunch of DVOA stats or how he played beforehand.

Look at the QB's that didn't get the job done with the game on the line this last weekend. Tannehill/Rodgers both had the ball and couldn't come through. Rodgers is great and all but would you say he had a good game Saturday? I wouldn't, but nobody would've cared if Rodgers had lead his team down the field for a GW FG instead of going 3 and out to give the 49ers and Jimmy G the chance to do what they did. And no I'm not saying Jimmy G is anywhere near as good a QB as Rodgers. I'm just saying Jimmy G came up big.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Even if homie wins a superbowl they're prolly still gonna ship his ass out. He's overpaid already and I can only imagine how much he's gonna demand if he falls any further ass backwards up the ladder. The 49ers braintrust aren't dummies. They know they are winning despite Jimmy, not because of him.

12. raining threes

I never said he was great. I said he has a couple of the traits I look for in a QB. The ability to lead his team from behind to win late in games and the ability to play badly but be able to turn it around and lead his team to victory in the same game.

Simply put Lance was drafted because Jimmy G cant stay healthy. I mean he playing with torn ligaments in his hand and a bum shoulder right now. Do you think playing with torn ligaments in your thumb in sub zero weather might affect your accuracy?

13. raining threes

No I dont, I think Tannehill is in Watson's class and Jimmy G has important qualities Watson doesn't have. Not saying Jimmy G's better than Watson though. But if it came down to 1 last drive to win a game in the NFL I would choose Jimmy G over Watson to lead my team.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Great Defense, Stout Running game and timely passing never goes out of style. it might not be pretty but it wins championships/

raining threes likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

His postseason QB rating is 70.3 He's started 5 games and has been allowed to throw 102 passes. The only playoff game he's ever had a QB rating over 75 was the game he threw 8 passes and completed 6, for, again, 77 yards.

But I'm sure he gets a lot better in the 4Q

Fulgore likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

There’s 25 QBs in the league better than Jimmy G. But there’s only 1 or 2 teams with a better supporting cast. Trading for him would be a terrible move.

17. Buck Turgidson

Only?

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

True. The guy with a mustache on the Jets is likely better.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Who, this guy?

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I mean this is simply not true. Your football opinions are downright incorrect. Two years ago Watson led the league in game winning drives in the 4 qtr and OT and he did it once in the playoffs.

Buck Turgidson likes this.