1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler would be perfect next to Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 14, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

JB says hes from Tomball. no ties to houston whatsoever :D

saleem, Caesar and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

3. malakas

malakas Member

He doesn't want to leave Chicago. They want to trade him more than he wants to be traded from out of there.

Not only us even other teams with assets i.e Nuggets and Boston will not be able to get him unless they offer a king's ransom.

THe ship has sailed for the foreseeable future.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Boston doesn't need a high draft pick. Like us, they are in a win now mode. Ship that pick for Jimmy G. Buckets, make a hell of a sales pitch to Millsap/Blake, and form the Warriors East. All under a young head coach with a lot to prove. If Buckets is in green next year, I wouldn't be shocked.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would he be ok playing off the ball?

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Our only chance at a legit superstar is via them demanding to only want to play in Houston....hate T-Mac all you want but at least he said he wanted to play for the Rockets. Same with Dwight choosing us.

Doubtful anyone out there makes a demand to play in Houston. I believe most of these stars understand that chances for a title are extremely difficult with the Dubs and Cavs around for the next 5 years at least. They'd rather enjoy their time in a fun city or just get paid.

All that said...Jimmy is not a superstar to me. He's just a regular all star guy IMO. Wont do anything but lock us up as a 3-5th seed type of team for 4-5 years. Same with Gordon or Millsap or Lowry, etc.

I see absolutely no realistic way for us to get out of pretender status. Just don't see it.

8. Fantasma Negro

I just can't wait to get rid of Ryan Anderson

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. malakas

malakas Member

What pick? A top 3 2017 maybe. But other than that..nope. Reinsdorf is the owner and he's a worse version of Les. If there is playoff $ he's alright with how things are going.