1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler would be perfect next to Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 14, 2016.

1. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

As others have mentioned, hard to see how this team improves significantly via trade this season. The more I think about it, the more I think that Rondo could be damn good in Dantoni's system. No he cant shoot 3s like Nash did (i mean outside of steph who can?). First choice is Conley but if he ends up going elsewhere (like NYK) then I would go for Rondo. Shouldnt take much to get him, and I bet he would want out of Sacramento, he said as much to ESPN. Pushing Beverly to the bench in his more natural role of a guy that doesnt have to play ~35 mins and leaving him with enough energy to constantly apply pressure, while at the same time getting another solid perimeter defender/ball handler/(most importantly) true distributor would be great. Rondo has championship experience, can lead the league in assists, and can defend. Think we could get him for a bargain and thats something Morey specializes in. Also, if Parsons knee is healthy, why not make a play for him. How nice would it be to have him have gotten injured and recovered for 2 years on Cubans dime, to only have him comeback and be motivated to prove himself again. The key to beating GS is to have multifaceted perimeter players. Adding a starting caliber PG and a SF who can actually dribble with some size would be a step in the right direction.

Conley or Rondo?/Beverly
    Harden/KJ
    Parsons?/Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    Dmo?/Beasley/TJO? JSmoove? both probably gone though
    Capela/??

Still need some quality depth guys (solomon hill? Wesley Johnson?) and a decent big man who can at least rebound and somewhat rim protect.

2. seeingred

seeingred Member

i remember wanting Iggy to put next to Kevin Martin back in the day. This would be like that pairing but on steroids. And if 'Antoni's system is really going to have Harden in the PG role, we could roll out Harden-Butler-Ariza at 1-2-3. I do think we could get Butler if we sell off everyone for picks and then package them with Capela.

But i think we're better off keeping Capela and seeing if KJ can take a step this year.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

With the rumors swirling around Chicago probably going for a tank next year and general trade rumors surrounding Butler, I think he is the best realistic prospect to put next to Harden.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

can butler play batman's role?

5. riko

riko Member

Amen. Iggy on this team would be amazing.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

We'll end up with two Robins or one Robin and one Batgirl.

Jontro and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

What rumours? Where did you read that?

From all I know GarPax is retaining their title, with Pax having more significant role, and the team is going to the opposite direction of tanking. They plan to resign Mirotic, opt in for Rondo and they believe Wade will opt in. I don't see no tanking here.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Butler = Batman
    Harden = Wonder Woman (amazing, but dra-ma!)

9. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I would like to see Rox go after Paul George instead.

True Rocket, HTX Ninja and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

If they're going to trade him we have no assets to compete with Celtics, Lakers, Sixers, Nuggets, Suns anyway...he also cannot have a say on where he would want to play since his contract is like 2/3 years long so...just no chance for Butler in Houston.

The best scenario for us is Butler traded to Boston, so we can go after George IF he wants to play in a contender (so not the Lakers, Nuggets etc...), but the problem here is that i can see Boston going after Hayward first, George second and Butler third...even though, you can still make a case for the Celtics having more interest in Butler over at least George cause Butler's salary is going to be 10/15M lower for a couple of years.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We have lots of Commissioner Jim Gordons ......Coffees at GCPD and couple of Bagles and Alfred Pennyworth.

[​IMG]

Batman has not turned up, he is practically not born yet. Or in training.

12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

That was always my thought too. The "platonic ideal" PG next to Harden would be a guy who could shoot spot up 3's, was fast enough to guard point guards but big and strong enough to guard shooting guards and some small forwards. That way he could guard the other team's best guard, and would have a huge size advantage if the other team tried to play their point guard on him. In other words, taller/more athletic beverley...

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I would like to see the Rockets go after Jimmy Butler, Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward, Kristaps Porziņģis & Paul George. Make it happen Maourey!

But really, they have no trade assets so they'll have to do work in FA again (which some of these guys are).

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@J.R. He'll have to do work, to do work in free agency.
    They don't have the cap space currently.
    He can make it, sure, but it will take effort.
    More importantly it will take guys wanting to come to Houston.
    Not happening with these top top level guys.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if they stick with harden they need a 2nd option regardless if they gut the tea m. though with the dpeth it shouldnt be a problem, we're loaded with shooters and chicago needs them. they also need butler.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

True. Oh, no challengin', neither.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Butler, George, or Hayward would all be perfect. There is no way they have the assets for Butler. I can't picture Hayward leaving Utah. George is the only guy we have a shot at and I don't think he wants to play outside of Cali

18. JayZ750

The Rockets have virtually no way of getting Butler. It's pointless to think about.
    Their only shot is if Butler says I'm playing for Houston, no matter what.
    Even then, he's signed with the Bulls for 2 more years, so they don't have to move him for our scraps.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fact is Chicago is a 1st or 2nd round exit in the East as well.

We know that the West is better but certain players do not want to move to the West unless it is the Spurs or Dubs or traditional franchise Lakers. Maybe even considering the Clips.

20. JayZ750

Ok... agreed... ?

Butler may want to leave Chicago, but it isn't clear they want to trade him yet. And if/when that happens, I see no reason why he'd say trade me to Houston! Because he's from Houston? That never works.

He can/should just do his best to force his way to Boston this offseason.