1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler fed up!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James&PaulAttornysAtBall, Jul 3, 2018.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not without assurances and it would be pretty stupid for the Knicks to trade their young talent

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

the assurances part goes without saying

they’re not getting Jimmy Butler any other way

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

For Butler, I don't think I'd do it. For Kawhi, absolutely.

4. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

And you weren't even trying to be funny.

sammy and PhilCollins like this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

Butler is not top tier all star. That said he is a wonderful player that starts on every team in the league no matter who is on the roster. He is not an all time player like Harden and CP3 are. I think if there is a way to get him here he would be had; but we don’t have the means to acquire him. His skill set would fit very well on the team but it is all for not because it’s not happening. Sorry but please thread should be moved to the dish, IMO. Jeff Taylor is our topic and future.

Zoplicone likes this.
  6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Butler doesn't start for Golden State but yeah he's solid.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

jch1911 likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would definitely start him in GSW.

Steph, Klay, Jimmy, KD, Draymond.

D-rock, Possum and BigShasta like this.
  9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Even with a healthy Boogie? and idk Iggy fits because he doesn't need the ball. Jimmy is better with the ball than without it IMO.

10. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

People wants Butler, sure as hell I do too, but where is the money?

Butler just turned down the extension where he is seeking a max. It tells me Butler will sign with wolves if they offer him the max. It also tells me Morey won't be signing him to a max as he doesn't worth max.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

What did I just read....o_O

joshuaao likes this.
  12. mockster

mockster Member

Seems highly unlikely we would snag jimmy, wolves and Knicks were having talks

Tbh maybe I’m biased but I feel like gordon has good trade value for somebody like butler. Throw on some picks, young player and money considerations.

I defiantly think butler is an upgrade over gordon as an overall player but I’m still content with keeping Gordon

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This is why EG won’t be traded. Our picks suck and we have no young players that have shown potential. No team is going to trade one of their top players for EG and whatever we can attach to him. Not saying no one would want him, but EG is the type of player you add to a team, not replace your star with. One can argue he could be used in a three team trade to get a pick out of the third team sent to whatever team is giving up a Jimmy Butler or something, but then why wouldn’t that third team exclude us and go for the best player in the trade themselves.

Example:
    Say we want Jimmy Butler. Only way we make it worthwhile for a team like Minny is if we send EG to someone like Philly who would want a veteran and Philly send a really good pick to Minny. (More pieces involved obviously like our future 1sts to Minny). But in this case why wouldn’t Philly say forget EG and Houston let’s just get Butler ourselves.

It’s not impossible, nothing is, but with our lack of young players and no attractive picks it is very unlikely we can give up EG and get back a player better than him

14. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Jimmy butler honestly gives your the same impact EGO does so I'm not too sure what all the hype is for I think he is madly overrated

15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

" we don't have the means to acquire him" i lol'ed.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo can't defend Lebron or Durant like Jimmy can.

jamisonrocket likes this.
  17. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

Jimmy cant even defend them

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes better matchup for them than EG is. hes also more versatile. EG is a good player but JB as a contributor has bit more to offer

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Neither could Ariza, but his length, physicality and grit will make them work and tire them much more than EGo.

There us no stopping either LBJ or KD but there defenders who can make them work harder and make them more inefficient.

#499 D-rock, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Possum likes this.
  20. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

no one can

Blackjack84 likes this.