1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler fed up!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James&PaulAttornysAtBall, Jul 3, 2018.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

hou should take a look, thats for sure

3. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

keep laughing yule C

DaonlyLA and bilaal14 like this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I'll play :)

Minny - Tucker (HOU) + 2019 1st (unprotected) + Melton + Hartenstein + rights to Llull + 2021 1st (top 15 protected)
    Rockets - Jimmy (MN) + WCS (SAC)
    Kings - Ryan A (HOU) + 2020 2nd (HOU) + 2021 2nd (HOU) + 2022 2nd (HOU) + rights to Gentille

sign Melo (rest of MLE)
    sign Mo Speights (vet min)
    sign Capela (5 years, $90M with $10M in incentives available - FT%, etc.)

CP3 - MCW - Duval
    Beard - EGo - GG
    Buckets - Menace - Clark / Edward / Iso Joe
    Melo - Mo - Qi
    Capela - WCS - Nene

Htine ship

D-rock, DonKnock and luckyman76 like this.
  5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Dude, so if you're Morey, and a Butler trade hinged on including Melton, you'd still call it off

Yeah, I'll keep laughing

[​IMG]

D-rock, whiskeyred, hakeem94 and 6 others like this.
  6. izeroi

izeroi Member

Ya that gave me a chuckle too lol.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If Melton becomes a rotation player by the end of next year he will be exceeding most players who are taken in the second round. I would take that. I would also trade him in a heartbeat if it meant getting Jimmy Butler.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.1500espn.com/the-scoop-...-jimmy-butler-kat-contract-situations-ep-159/

Wolves owner Glen Taylor:

Butler extension?

We offered him the extension & they said they're appreciative of it but they declined it. 'You guys have done everything but our bet is we should wait until next year & get a better deal.' I thanked them for getting back but we did everything we could. They want to do what they think is right for Jimmy.

How much danger is there in waiting? You can't lose him for nothing.

I can't control all that. Jimmy is taking some gamble too that he won't get injured or have a bad year. We're both taking a risk. We have to play really well this year, be very competitive and I think Jimmy, like other star players, will want to play on a team that does well & has potential of doing better.

Buy that Jimmy is still trying to figure out how he can coexist with KAT, Wiggins & pretty much everybody?

No. That doesn't bother me. He wants to win & make sure the people around him play hard. He's a competitive person. I don't have any trouble with that. Everyone on our team wants to win. I just think it's a matter of us staying healthy. We've shown we can be competitive and play against just about every team in the West.

KAT extension?

For the max. We've already offered it so they know what it is. My understanding is Karl has been in Europe or some place out of the country. I think he'll be back shortly or is already back.

So he'll sign it in the coming days/weeks?

I'm sure he'll sign it. Doesn't make much difference to me when he does it. It is what it is. We haven't put any deadline on it. Offer is out there. Wiggins took a long time last year to sign it. I'm confident we won't have any problems with it.

Wiggins extension kicks in this year. He didn't have the year we expected last year. How much better does he have to get?

He's young enough he can get a lot better. We did some checking with other players in the league who have done really well, looked at them at their age, it took them a couple of years to get it all figured out. I think he fits in that mold. I have expectations of him being much better this year. Adjustments with Jimmy coming in have taken some time but a guy of his caliber can make those adjustments & play better. I know that's Andrew's goal too. We'll see what he does this summer, have high expectations of him & I'm sure coach/others will ask him to deliver. I think that's what Andrew's goals are.

You do want him here? Some have suggested you should try to trade him.

Yeah. I think you want to take a person & not give up on him so young, no matter what. He's really good, you want him to be great. You have to be careful not to give up on him. Go back & look, a lot of players, it took them 3-4 years to get better & they keep getting better. I don't see why he won't be one of those people. He has such natural ability.

Luxury tax an issue (next year)? If Jimmy stays, KAT, Wiggins, Teague, Dieng...

It's always an issue. Luxury Tax is just like a hammer. You better be really good if you're gonna pay it. It's always been out there, even if we didn't trade for Jimmy. We'll have to be creative & figure out the right balance. ... You want to see what will happen next year & what's available out there.

How do you evaluate the job Tom Thibodeau has done?

One of the things is to get us into the playoffs. We kinda squeaked in but we got in. The reason you want to hire a coach with experience is for the playoffs. I'm glad we got there. The goal next year is to get further & use his experience to help us push through that.

Is he handling both jobs OK?

He has Scott Layden. Scott does a lot of the work. They're a real team. Scott is really involved & looking over the recruiting of players, he's involved in hiring the staff, he takes a lot of that time consuming stuff and lets Thibs concentrate on coaching.

Does Scott challenge Thibs? Or does he say yes sir on everything?

I can see why you might think that. Scott doesn't have any trouble being insistent that he has a voice in it.

Vivi, yixiixiy and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If Capela is offended by 4 years 85 mill .......

Jimmy should be murdering the owner for 4 years 108 or whatver he just denied.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think we have the best chance to trade for Jimmy Butler because he wants $190 million contract. Small market is not going to pay him that money.

Trade Gordon and filler for Butler, then give him 190 million contract next summer.

We can unload Anderson next summer.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Butler hates Houston though

DreamShook likes this.
  12. SinceEverSince

Sources?

htxaf likes this.
  13. htxaf

htxaf Member

he's from houston....

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

He wants money. 190 million works, but we have to send Gordon to them this summer.

5 all-star level Starters:

Harden
    Paul
    Butler
    Anthony
    Capela

htxaf likes this.
  15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Make it 230, get ur done Murrau

htxaf likes this.
  16. esketit

esketit Member

its funny that you guys will all be appolojizing to plowman after this goes down

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if Butler hates Houston, but he definitely doesn't rep HTine.

DonKnock and htxaf like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Everybody going to be trading in their little chickens.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

JImmy is from Tomball, not Houston.

Do not tell Jimmy he is from Houston.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tomball is poppin. He can get a mansion near 249 and 99 lol