1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmer: More inches than people expect

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/sports/ncaabasketball/24byu.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

If so, does that make his draft stock rise substantially?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh yes, His "stock" is rising substantially, oh yes.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Maybe.
    Obviously there are other question marks and he still seems to have heavy feet (on defense anyway) and isn't very explosive, but it sure helps.

[​IMG]

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This kid is a ballhog chucker.

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

QFT. I feel bad for his teammates.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

For a ball player that's very solid strength, but i think scouts can already tell he's a strong player. I dont think it's going to increase his stock much. More than anything it'll keep him from dropping because that's another edge he has over someone like Reddick.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

He reminds me of Mike James

8. Convictedstupid

lolwut? If he can rep 265 once, I'm pretty sure he get lift 185 more than 9 or 10 times.

9. rju1986

rju1986 Member

I don't scout him on a regular basis, but fortunately caught the game tonight.

29 shot attempts for a little over 30+ points? That's a negative.

Great stare down after his LAST 3ptr; MIA, after that.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Looks like Jimmer has an "Angel On The Baseline" that just sucker punched his defender.. I wouldve referenced "The 6th Man" but i didnt think anyone would get it...

11. thebender

thebender Member

I see what you are saying....not exactly the best FG%....BUT I also don't think there will be a game in the NBA (at least not in the foreseeable future) where he is the sole focus of the opposition defence.....even if he did become a solid starter he would always have players around him taking alot more of the defences attention then what he has had lately.

Note - I didn't see the game, but I'm assuming that its not like he was missing open looks...and that he was under heavy pressure at all times.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think Fredette should have a decent career, but he simply isn't going to be a number 1 scoring option at the NBA-level. If that article is correct, it sounds like he's more athletic that he's been given credit for.. But then on the other hand, that makes it even more confounding that his defense is so poor.

Anyway, I suspect he'll face the same challenges as JJ Redick, making the transition from being the man to being a role player. It seems counterintuitive because he's such a polished scorer, but I view him as a project.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's "unfortunately" you caught this game tonight because that's an off game for him. He was 3 for 15 from three and normally shoots like 40%. FG% was also lower than usual.

Depends...sounds like he's maxed out before so they know his max rep, but doesn't seem like he maxes out reps at 185, so 9 or 10 is an educated guess. If he doesn't train for reps then he'll be on the lower to mid end of what's normal or usual.

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I watched the game tonight, and his defense is absolutely PATHETIC. He continually got lost amongst the trees when Boynton and Walker were breaking off screens, and the effort just wasn't there.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Those numbers aren't really all that great. Standard for a pro athlete really. I've seen guys at BYU lift more and jump higher, same height.

16. AFS

AFS Member

by "lift" are they talking about straight dead-lifts or what?

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

His shot selection is horrible but that could be due to the fact that he is all they have on offense according to most people who have followed them all year.

Either way he kept them in the game and shot them out of the game at the same time tonight.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"Guys" and pro athletes who are point guards?

No, bench press. 185 lbs 9 or 10 times.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He's basically been their Iverson.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Best case scenario for him would be what JJ Redick is for the Magic.