1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Rome apologizes to Mario Williams on behalf of the universe.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Brando2101, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Member

This was really satisfying to hear for those of us who have done a lot of arguing on behalf of Mario for the last couple years. I found an article a couple weeks ago that blamed the houston media for being the ones that made everyone believe Bush was a better player :rolleyes:

The white guy from PTI said "people" were wrong during the draft but the other one pointed out that they were guilty too but it was half ass. Rome is the first to come out CLEARLY and BOLDLY admit that he was flat wrong. ESPN's main page has never featured the new pario and page2 (a huge and brutal critic) hasn't touched the subject.

This is a wrap up of Jim's take on the radio which he went through word for word on his TV show.

I'd like to repost this gem from a Daily Texan (UT student paper) writer from Sept 06. I think it speaks wonders of the kind of **** they were coming up with last year:

#1 Brando2101, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

A Standing Ovation for Mr Rome for doing what few in the sports media world have the ability or are willing to admit to villifying Mario and redress that egregious mistake.

Jim Rome may be an obnoxious ass from time to time. He may sometimes talk to hear his head rattle but occasionally he takes the time to get it right separating fact from fiction.

Kudos to Jim Rome for MAN'ing up! :D While guys like Olbermann are beyond arrogant and blindly stupid in their gross misanalyses. :rolleyes:

He's absolutely right! Mario last year could average 2 sacks a game and he still would have been considered a bust! Why because VY WAS THE MAN last year! Key word: WAS!

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

I agree with Jim..."best of all" is that Mario never lashed back. He never acted jackass about it. He just showed it on the field. That shows HUGE character...and it's very easy to root for a guy like that.

I certainly had my doubts about Mario. But I was absolutely wrong. He's a beast.

4. jtotheb

jtotheb Member

Phenomenal

5. macalu

macalu Member

i can't find that thread in the hangout that everyone posted the over/under for the NFL season.

i remember setting the bar at 6.5 sacks for Mario and EVERYONE took the under. :eek:

6. tulexan

tulexan Member

COUNT CHOC U LA

One thing Rome forgot is that Mario was playing hurt last year and never practiced as a rookie.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Is that kid still a writer for the UT paper? He should get emails for even daring to compare Reggie Bush to Barry Sanders.

8. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Member

9. tulexan

tulexan Member

Not only did he compare him to Barry Sanders, he inferred he was better.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I like Jim Rome's radio show. He is very entertaining and I get a lot of laughs out of his show. I know a lot don't like him, but I am the few that do enjoy his radio show. :D

11. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Member

[Grammar Nazi]

Actually, the writer implied Reggie was more talented than Barry Sanders. You inferred his bias from his article.

12. Uprising

Uprising Member

Fantastic. I like Rome's show. Awesome he sucked it up, and appologized.

That UT writer...just wow.... :D

13. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Member

I gained a little respect for him, but he still annoys the hell out of me.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3s8BZjcP3qU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. emjohn

emjohn Member

Why even bother quoting from a student college paper? You may as well quote some joker's typo-filled blog.

That said, nice to see the shift finally start to happen within the media. Peter King, avid Bush lover, even reversed stance this past week.

Evan

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

ex·traor·di·nary !!! :D

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Especially, why pick VY's student newspaper?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is what I find kind of funny
    Most of the people here seem to HATE JIM ROME

Give Mario is props. . .he kicking *ss

Mario = Hakeem
    bush = Sam Bowie
    VY = MJ

*LMAO* - ok just rattling ya'lls cage
    I was always ANTI-Bush . . Pro-VY . . .and mario . . hell I had not Idea who he was

GO SUPER MARIO . . . DO THE HULA !!

Rocket River

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

VY couldnt be MJ on playstation much less the field.

19. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

hahaha

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Phenomenal