1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Mora fired

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Cat, Jan 8, 2002.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

:(

This means no more post game tirades... I'm really going to miss him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0108/1307715.html

Mora dismissed after 6-10 season

Jim Mora has been fired as head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.

The Colts were a disappointing 6-10 this season, finishing fourth in the AFC East. Their season ended with a 29-10 victory over the Denver Broncos on Sunday.

After the victory, an emotional Mora said he was hoping to return as coach next season.

"I will not quit, I want to coach here," Mora said in anger as his eyes welled with tears. "I should be the coach here. I'll just tell you that right now, I should be."

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Their defense was absolutely HORRIBLE. They probably could have won a good 3-4 games if they could play a little D.

The feud with Manning is what got Mora fired, not his 6-10 record.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I hate Mora, but he was fascinating to watch in his postgame press conferences. It was like watching a train wreck. The sight and horror of it disgusted me, but I somehow found myself unable to turn away, utterly fascinated by the carnage and devastation (and personal embarrassment) he wrought.

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Hopefully now he can seek help for the debilitating U.E.S. (uncontrollable eyebrow syndrome), which has plagued his career.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

He ought to be pretty entertaining as the newest member of "Inside the NFL" or either CBS or FOX pre-game show.

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Mora was hopefully put to pasture (sp?) because he is a horrible game day coach more so than his tirades. This (his terrible strategy/adjustments) has been obvious since his Saints days.

Now if only Tom Coughlin gets the boot the two biggest game-day bumbling idiots will be gone from the NFL.

Except of course, if Marty is gone and then Mora goes to the Redskins. Yeah, I like the sound of that, Mora, coach of the Skins.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wait a second!!! don't get rid of all these buffoons!!! they happen to be in the texans' division next year!!! keep the idiots!!!

8. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I really hated most of the coaches that have gotten the axe/ or are close to getting it.

But I really hope they don't get analyst jobs. Especially Green.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Peyton Manning is terrible when teams blitz. We should be able to handle them (Tenn or Houston) even with a good coach.

10. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Guys, you gotta remember Edgerrin James missed alot of those games. You are talking about arguably the best running back next to Faulk in the entire NFL. Just having James back next year will get them at least 10 wins and probably the division.

If St Louis lost Faulk for that same amount of time, i guarantee you everyone would be saying how the Rams look beatable and how they have a great offense and no defense. Truth is, Faulk is the key to the entire scheme, just like Edgerrin is the key to the Colts success.

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I thought he got got canned because the Colts GM told him to fire the DC. The Colts defense was the worst in the league. That is why he said I will not quit. He knew loyalty was going to get him fired not the 6-10 record due to injuries.

Weird thing is Bill Polian Colts GM said the Texans had asked for permission to talk to the former Colts DC Fazio (sp?) yesterday. Fazio worked with Capers for 12 years.

12. Band Geek Mobster

Rich and Charlie were saying Fazio has the inside track on being the new Defensive Coordinator of the Texans...

Honestly, it's hard to blame Jim Mora or Fazio for that defense, "Super" GM Bill Polian was the moron that used his first round pick on a WR when his defense was clearly why the Colts couldn't win...

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

emoreland -- if i remember right faulk did miss some games this season...and if i remember right, his sub racked up ridiculous yardage totals, just like faulk does. not taking anything away from faulk....but my real argument is that you think Indy, just by having james back, will return to playoff caliber....i think it's going to take SIGNIFICANT changes on the defensive side of the ball.

only one team finished the season with fewer points scored than the rams...that was the colts....the problem is, their defense stopped no one!

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

His "playoff" tirade was priceless.