1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Carrey will play Joe Biden on SNL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Sep 16, 2020.

?

Will he accurately portray Joe Biden?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. He will have to act like Ace Ventura

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. He will have to act like Fire Marshall Bill

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Need to improve our spice industry

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sometimes pretending that everyone is against you and those that agree with you is just more fun than facing the reality that problems people have with some positions aren't based in a bias.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Caught the cold open and pretty funny. Carrey does bring more Ace Ventura to the character in terms of funny faces.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Better career after Living Color? Carrey of Jamie Foxx?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Terrible take.

One great movie?

The Mask
    Dumb and Dumber
    Ace Ventura 1st movie
    Liar Liar.

His skit comedy is some of his best work.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

One movie, you're outta your damn mind. Dumb And Dummer is arguably the funniest movie ever

Then he has ish like The Truman Show but sticking to comedy, Cable Guy and The Ace Ventura

He is Living Color's Steve Martin

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

He also tongue kissed Will Ferrell

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think it is even close.

It's like comparing Kevin Durant to Paul George.

Foxx has had a helluva career, multiple roles in Oscar movies, an actual Oscar, and countless memorable films regardless of the critical acclaim. Then he had a successful stand up and musical career.

RayRay10, Ubiquitin and jiggyfly like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not bad, I think he played Biden well.

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with saying Foxx but Carrey is no Paul George and its actually very close.

While Foxx has had a more substantive carre he has never reached the height of Carrey, he has nothing that tops The Mask and Dumb and Dumber those are all time movies.

It's more like Durant and Curry.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I also don't think Jim has anything like Django or Ray either. I think the thing with Jaime is he can get any role in any kind of movie he wants. Jim never made that full crossover to more serious kind of stuff that Jaime has.

Also, having the Oscar is a big deal. I know many people will say "Oscars don't care" but those are like championships for actors, it's why they are always whining about the voting process lol.

I still say it's like Durant and PG13, because PG13 doesn't have those final accolades. Doesn't have the MVP, no championship, but still has all the other stuff. He's still a great player. Jaime has accomplished it all as an actor.

Also, I really look forward to him being Spawn.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Actually Carey made that switch in Truman Show Show a great movie. There's another not so popular called The Majestic. Every American should see this moviepopular

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That and Eternal Sunshine, but I mean he never fully made that switch. Everyone just knows him for his comedic stuff but he's capable of more serious drama. Maybe he just isn't as interested in it as Jaime though.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah Carrey does have the MVP in The Mask and Dumb and Dumber those are both championship movies that he carried.

Other than Ray and maybe Django Foxx has been a complementary guy or in a great ensemble.

PG13 is a playoff choker multiple times I don't see how you equate that with Carrey.

How can you say The Mask, Dumb and Dumber as well as Ace Ventura not equating to championships?

Carrey should have gotten a Oscar with Man in the Moon , the Oscars are very subjective I don't know why anyone would use that as definitive.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly Foxx is the one without a lot of movies. Ive never seen DJango, it doesn't look good and i have an issue with the subject

I personally dont want the miserable reality of slavery to be forgotten in a movie that fantasizes a situation that never would have happened

18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I thought the SNL opener was pretty terrible, especially for a season opener. Carrey certainly looked and acted the part well, but the skit itself was dull and poorly written.

I'm confident he'll only get wilder and funnier as time goes by though.

As for the Jamie Foxx/Carrey debate, Foxx is super talented and underrated as an actor. He could well be the better actor, I don't know. But Carrey's an elite comedic actor. His facial expressions alone can practically carry a movie.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd say those are playoff movies, not championship caliber.

While PG13 is playoff choker, he's still extremely successful. I could not compare Jim to Curry, remember, Curry has 2 MVPs, and like 3 championships. Curry is going down as one of the best PGs ever, if not top 3. In this scenario Daniel Day Lewis or Tom Hanks would be Curry. Would you say Carrey is one of the best ever???

Yes, Oscars are subjective, this all is, but when you're talking about awards in any field of art, everyone craves them. You can't completely throw them out as meaningless.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dumb And Dumber is his championship

Also his talent allows you to make movies like The Mask, neither comedy nor drama. It rides on his pure character acting talent