1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jiffy Lube caught on tape

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TeamUSA, Jan 18, 2008.

1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Damn that **** pisses me off.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sadly, I doubt Jiffy Lube is the only place this happens at regularly...

4. RocketsAddict

RocketsAddict Member

Gillman Honda at SWfreeway also tried to cheat on me. Was told to change the break pads and it still lasted over a year after I was told.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sounds like something I've seen before. (old video?)

That sucks, I just watched it. I don't trust any of those places.

#5 Uprising, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I took my last car to a Jiffy Lube to get an oil change and it was the last time I will set foot in one of those places.

They changed my oil and when they changed the filter I notice he threw away the 2 O-Ring rubber washers that are supposed to be changed on both the filter as well as the oil pan plug after each change, hence the reason they come in the box with the Oil filter. I waited till they were completely done and told the manager that apparently this guy doesn't know what he is doing because he looked at the parts and threw them in the trash.

He said can you show me so I showed him which he promptly took over to the guy and made him change it. That was over a year ago and that is the last time that I have ever gone there. I watch anyone who works on my car for minor things like a hawk because i know they try to scheme.

Don't even get me started on my experience with Just for Brakes a long time ago before they even did the sting operation here in Houston....

7. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

I change oil there one time and they were like would u like to check my fluids im like sure and hey the tires need to be at 34psi (i drive a 350z) and i got in my care afterwards and drove bout 5 miles looked at my in dash psi gauge and they didnt put any air in them......... @ssholes.....

8. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

i work at champion chevrolet and we never do that shyt, jiffy lube is garbage.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

you need a new johnson rod in there.

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I was about to say "again?" and then realized this is the same video I saw over a year ago...

I went to Jiffy Lube one time about 6 years ago. Back when I was still naive. It took me one trip to make up my mind never to return.

11. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

**** JIFFY LUBE **** THEM :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wal-Mart oil changes FTW! They're too busy and offer too few services to cheat you. In and out and you're done.

For other car repairs, a good Mechanic that you can trust is worth his weight in gold.

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

change your own oil. if you want a job done right, do it yourself.

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I went to a walmart for a battery change and had this girl working on the car who point blank told us she wasn't a trained technician but the guys let her work on the cars sometimes for fun.

Needless to say I'm never going back there again.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I get all my auto repairs done at Jiffy Lube -- that BS "report" just highlights a few bad apples.

16. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

5 out of 9 in the same area? i've been ripped off before, but not a jiffy. they'll do obvious repairs, but i do the unnoticeable things like fuel filters by myself

17. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I work at a BMW dealer, and what those Jiffy guys were doing is called "flat-rating". If a tech is payed off of commission, or some sort of bonus for work that is up-sold, many of them will say they did it, get payed for it, and let the car go.
    If they get caught, they are usually fired-at least where I've worked before. I don't do that crap.

Another dishonest thing that happens, is that some work is sold, and done, that wasn't necessary.

If any of you need repairs done, you can ask them to point the problem out to you, and SHOW you what is wrong in many cases.

18. KingCheetah

I recently went into my local Jiffy Lube for an oil change -- one of the techs there noticed my engine was in terrible shape. Within one day they had the entire engine rebuilt and running just as strong as when I brought it in the shop. They only charged me $2600 and thank goodness they caught the problem because I could have been left stranded god only knows where. They even threw in the oil change and swapped out my high speed muffler bearings for free.

Now that is service.

19. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

You overpaid by $200, and I'd have done it in half the time.

20. KingCheetah

The workmanship at Jiffy Lube was of such high quality that I could not even tell the car had been worked on ~ amazing.