1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not a thing that happened.... but I understand that nuanced statements are over your head, so I don't expect any different from you.

Saying "it's not a given that this kid improves the areas he's currently weak in" is not the same as whining that a player has a really good game and it slightly overshadowed your diety.

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont see many "JGOFs" -- I see a contingent of day 1 Green fans who have had to fight off slander and malicious attacks all year. This is their time to shine and bask in the moment. From "the worst player in the NBA" to being named alongside all time greats should be something to celebrate.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The nuance here is that you merely weren't describing his current level of play those first two months. You made distinct projections about his career such as "maybe a competent starter few years into the league" or "Jordan Clarkson ceiling" while completely ignoring the absolute plethora of 19 year old off guards like Lavine, Beal, Booker, Ant etc, hell even Kobe entering the league with a poor first few months in the league and pretending that isn't a thing.

The problem wasn't you commenting on his current level of play. The problem was you setting in stone that

1. The draft pick was a bust and we should have chosen Mobley
    2. Hard capping Green's ceiling to the likes of Brewer and Clarkson from merely 2 months of play from a rookie 19 year old.

You do know you look more pathetic not owning up to the toxicity you generated right?

That's why I respect posters like @DaDakota. He owns up to his mistakes.

#23 fchowd0311, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  4. fchowd0311

"He might be a nba starting level player within a few seasons at best". That's a paraphrase as I'm not going to waste my morning trying to find the immense amount of toxic crap you spammed the first two months of the season.

And it wasn't just that. It was the immense amount of passive aggressive bullshit like bringing up Green in a topic that had nothing to do with him just to put him down.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not sure what this is about, KPj talk, so I won't comment on that.

But it's always been wrong to judge a 19 year old kid after one month.

So I'm not against people doing the same after Jalen had an exceptional
    month of March. Jalen was lambasted as too feminine, talked funny,
    was a bust, etc......he was a Rocket then and should have been fully
    supported then as is the case now.

Those enamored with Evan Mobley were Mobley only fans.....because he
    wasn't a Rocket. Should have been told go root for the Cavs if they had a problem
    with it.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

One guy was the #2 pick and fans had high hopes for.

The other guy is a proven hothead who was kicked off his last 2 teams despite near elite talent...fans aren't confident.

God, why, this is undeserved slander, you people with logical opinions are clearly fans of Jalen Green only and not the Rockets. :rolleyes:

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

it's probably easier for some people to root for the player who hasnt had multiple temper tantrums on and off the court, and being the #2 pick there is going to be more fandom behind Green. it doesn't mean those same people don't like KPJ though. no need to get in the feels about it. KPJ is still a very good player and rockets should be glad to have him. he's just out of position whereas Green is going to be a shooting guard for 15 years

Tfor3, Boii, Denovo and 5 others like this.
  8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

KPJ has had multiple on/off court issues, including physically attacking coaches and quitting on the team, issues he seemingly have not yet left behind when he was practically waived by Cleveland as a rookie. Not to mention he's already been given preferential treatment on the team and the keys to the offense without earning it.

Green is remarkably coachable, incredibly hard working and made far bigger improvements mid-season than most players have during an entire off-season. People are naturally going to have much bigger soft spot for the rookie who just turned 20 a month ago. However well KPJ has played lately, his leash is going to be significantly shorter and fans are naturally going to scrutinize him a lot more than Green.

KPJ will likely need a full season's worth of sustained improvements in both his attitude and his play before the scrutiny falls off.

slothy420, clutchdabear, Boii and 3 others like this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I’m a Rockets only fan, and never understood allegiance to an individual player… it’s a team sport not bowling or golf :D

10. fchowd0311

Well there is little to none of that. This is just a thread created by people who were absurdly toxic the first two month's of Green's career and are trying to snake their way out of the pigeon hole they created for themselves by acknowledging Green's better play but at the same time creating a lame excuse that they were toxic like that because people had the audacity to call out their shitty premature takes over a 19 year old rookie in their first couple of months of play.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Mobley fanbois were the most toxic group for months, so to see them open their mouth and start calling people only fans and whatever nonsense is quite amusing

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At the worst losing streaks the team was playing mini golf......with the opponent.

vator and groovemachine like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Welcome Vator to my club!!!!

We need 2 types of bigs - ones that can hit the 3ball and keep the floor space open and one that can dive to the rim for the alley oop dunk.

I am worried now that we should probably trade Sengun - unless we think he can develop a 3ball?

DD

vator and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. xaos

xaos Member

Who are the Green only fans?

16. fchowd0311

Nah Sengun is embedded as part of this core will Green, KPJ, Christopher. I am confident that Sengun will be a competent 3 pt shooter down the line.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

There's probably 2 of them on this board but any negative opinion on any other player besides Green makes you a JGOF.

slothy420, i3artow i3aller and xaos like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and the only guy who actually hated Green is now banned . . . way too much toxic optimism now

19. xaos

xaos Member

Someone was banned recently?

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this is a good take. It’s not an either or thing. We should all be excited that Green has really put it together over the 2nd half of the season and is looking worthy of the #2 pick. He’s gonna play the 2 but handle the ball a lot. That future is pretty locked in Stone. On the other hand we have an Uber-talented KPJ who’s natural position is the 2-guard, and he plays his best basketball with the ball in his hand when he’s going to the rim or in iso situations. So we’ve got two really good 2-guards.

if KPJ can manage his maturity issues (and I still think there are real questions there) there’s a way to add another player to that backcourt so that it balances everything out. There’s enough minutes for Green, KPJ and a real point guard. It may require some staggering of minutes or for KPJ to come off the bench but there’s enough minutes in the backcourt for Green, KPJ, and a legit point guard. You need 3 starting caliber guards in this league anyway.

BallSoHarden and vator like this.