1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our “viewing enjoyment” is what pays these guys salaries. If the game suffers due to an inferior product, they may make the change. It’s the reason they stopped allowing players to jump straight from high school. There has been talk of adding another year already.

2. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Jalen Green will be out of the league in two years

Nelly, fchowd0311 and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, our, not yours. Understand the difference?

4. kubli9

Supporting Member

Yes, and the collective "viewing enjoyment" goes down when you flood the league with undeveloped players. This isn't a new idea, the players have other opportunities to make money now with NIL deals.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u think calling someone a bust or something along the line of that = critcism that's your mindset. All I see is sht knee jerk takes from those that lack patience

conquistador#11, cmlmel77 and vator like this.
  6. vator

vator Contributing Member

You say guys should have to be 3 years removed from HS. This would have only been Deandre Ayton, Trae Young, Luka Doncic, Miles Bridges, Mikal Bridges, Shae Gilgeous-Alexander, and Michael Porter Jr.'s second seasons! Ja Morant, Darius Garland, Zion, RJ Barrett, Jordan Poole, KPJ, Herro, are rookies. That means still none of these guys below are in the NBA at all. This is not a better product to watch in my opinion.

Melo Ball
    Ant Edwards
    Tyrese Maxey
    Tyrese Haliburton
    Desmond Bane
    Evan Mobley
    Scottie Barnes
    Cade Cunningham
    Jalen Green
    Josh Giddey
    Franz Wagner

#366 vator, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    Zen Tabak and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. kubli9

Supporting Member

Make it 2 years then with the possibility to go to 3 in the future so it isn't such a drastic change. Of course some players are ready earlier, but you unfortunately need to save the league from itself. Teams are too willing to gamble on potential and give the fans an inferior product. I'd rather get a solid look at these players, and have a more finished player when they come into the league.

vator likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You understand that a big part of what fills seats this year is people coming to see Jalen Green right?

xaos likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You're acting like you know when you really don't.

10. kubli9

Supporting Member

The Rockets ranked near the bottom of the league in attendance this season, both home and road.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance/_/order/false

D-rock likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

15.5K per game for the last placed team in the league is pretty good if you ask me.

12. Rockets4Life13

Also isn't this related to the traffic that surrounds TC?

Even when Harden was here and we were one of the best teams in the league the home crowd was never that strong

13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Newbies stopping by this forum would think we are discussing about Jalen's OnlyFans

kubli9 likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Love me some of that Jake Gyllenhaal

15. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

There’s no way I would give up that package with the #4 pick today. But I also qualified this year’s protected pick with maybe. I didn’t like it then but not include a high pick this year seemed insulting to the Cavs. I was always more, “Jalen is kinda disappointing but has a lot of promise, but geez I’d love Mobley.” Jalen of course put kinda disappointing well in the rear view though.

I’d still make that trade today though with out our protected pick this year. Give me Mobley, Sengun, and Jaden Ivey as the core and I think that’s scary to build with. The main reason is I think you can find a DeRozan type sometimes in free agency or as a value pick in the draft if guard scoring is the only thing you are missing. I think you have to get really lucky to get a Mobley.

But I’m excited about Jalen, Sengun, and hopefully Chet too as our future big 3.