1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

with a shitty likes ratio at that.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will admit I expected more from him right away - no big deal.

Happy he has gotten to where I think he is the clear ROY right now.

DD

clos4life and Tfor3 like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know it's hard for player only fans to conceive of a person being a fan of a team....which includes all of the players doing well...... but it's a thing.

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gimme a f***ing break! Most of those takes are justified. Green looked horrible for a good 4 months. I'm happy he turned a corner but he still has a lot to prove. The bust questions were real early on, he looked bad.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Early JG was awful to watch. No bag. Still, very happy he is turning the corner. Exciting times for true Rockets fans.

CXbby, harold bingo and kubli9 like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

DD may not be right a lot about stuff at all, like non...... BUT he is not a passive aggressive beatch afraid to admit it.

[​IMG]

#306 Tfor3, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    DatRocketFan likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The point is u b patience and wait for a few seasons or at least a complete season to go by b4 calling him a bust.

Who the fk wonders/declares a rookie we draft is a bust 2 months into the season. We had folks doing that few games in even.

U do know what a knee jerk reactions is right?

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

There is a difference bt constructive criticism and rooting for failure bc they were butt hurt regarding Mobley.

so you give me a mother fukkking Gawd Dammmne fukking break. :rolleyes:

DreamR, TriumVirate, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

JAGOFFs vs KPOOFs

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty sure a 19 year old kid playing in the league for the first time has an allotted time frame of more than a couple months to actually qualify being labeled as a bust. Was he struggling a bit? sure, but that's part of how someone develops. Especially rookies coming in as kids literally. It's how he navigates throughout all this process initially that's important. What's he learning, what can he do differently, how is his mindset progressing, how he's adjusting, etc. Once there's an actual significant sample size, which is definitely more than a few months, folks can legitimately draw up much more valid conclusions whether someone is actually a "bust"

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Some folks were wild with their knee jerk takes on green for a good portion of the season. But now that green is doing well, the same folks spinning it like the folks defending green from the sht takes or asking for patience r the wild raving green only fans.

12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I don't it's justified to call a young rookie guard a bust 1-2 months into his career. We saw so many cases where a rookie guard struggles first few months then turn their season around after ASB.

everyday eddie and Tfor3 like this.
  13. kubli9

Supporting Member

There were valid questions and reason for panic considering the state of the franchise and how well others drafted after him were playing. There wasn't strong reason to believe he'd turn it around either given the coaching staff and his teammates, it really is quite miraculous.

14. kubli9

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

questions and concerns are valid but context absolutely needs to be accounted for as well. the end result of "bust" is just kneejerk. not after seeing a kid play for a few months for the very first time.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Rookie starts off bad, called a bust.

Few months by he looking like Roy, material. It's a miracle? No dumbass it's called being patience.

Not every rookie comes into the league shtting on everybody. If u waited a few months or even longer for most rookies, u can see the result. It's not guarantee, but everybody develops at different pace if the talent is there.

R u upset I didn't add u on the knee jerk/ sht take list?

Feb.

My bad.

harold bingo likes this.
  17. kubli9

Supporting Member

We'll see what he ends up being, he still has a lot to prove. I stand by what I said at the time because that is what his game showed for 4 months...and careful calling someone else a dumbass when you have such poor grammar and broken English. You sound like a low IQ fool.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He still has a lot to prove but instead of giving him time to prove it let's just say his ceiling or his career outlook is coincidentally another Filipino player but an inferior version of it based on a small sample size of 4 months. (He was injured for awhile also)

Very astute analysis and not a sht take whatsoever.

xaos likes this.
  19. kubli9

Supporting Member

You're just too sensitive about criticism, Jalen isn't above it. Last I checked, this is a fan forum and fans voice their frustrations, stop being such a JAGOFF.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The way the JG detractors double down on their premature hot takes is quite pathetic.

Reeko and everyday eddie like this.