1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes the Patrick Fertitta dream seems to be multiple guards, specifically PG's or combo
    guards, for that reason. I'm not enamored with this model since that tends to have
    a bunch of ball hogging dribble the air out of the ball divas that usually don't shoot
    3's well.

Of course this reminds of the joke about the clippers before Blake Griffin: The
    Clippers are just one player from making the playoffs and being a contender....
    that player is Michael Jordan!

Since I think Jalen Green is this era's Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant.....yeah
    bring me any offensive system model. The player development staff has
    also earned my respect as Kenyon, Josh Christopher and Tate have improved
    on their 3-pt shooting. Not the greatest but I see hope.

Im not a fan of Popovich and his offensive system, but I do like some concepts.
    I was watching a Spurs game in which Sean Elliot was telling a story about
    pops and Danny Green: Danny Green first season with Spurs, Pops tells Danny,
    learn how to catch the 3-pt shot, dribble twice, and either pass or shoot the ball.

That way you avoid the defender closing on you or doing a "fly by" and dribbling twice
    draws another defender. Danny Green occupying two defenders on the perimeter
    leaves someone open. Pops: learn to do that or you won't be with the Spurs very long.

All that ball handling matters not if the defense just yells out, "they can't shoot, meet them
    at the pass (old west term for where the trail turns or ends.....in this case the rim)."

Again with Jalen Green speed, the Patrick Fertitta scheme can work, just don't give
    me a bunch of 6'3" and under PG's.

In the case of Banchero, I don't have any issues with the offensive end. It's the
    defensive end that concerns me. I see Banchero and Sengun as both slow.
    I'm waiting on combine numbers in shuttle, cones drill or in individuals workouts
    before determining this. I'm sold on drafting Banchero at #4 and take it from
    there.

Post up: edge to Sengun
    Shooting 3's: edge to Banchero (corners are about same distance NBA/college)
    FT's: edge to Banchero
    Blocks: edge Banchero
    Passing/Asts: edge Sengun
    Steals: even
    Rebounds: edge Banchero
    Transition: even
    All around Defense: even

I don't see the need for two slow footed bigs on the court at the same
    time unless we play zone defense....and even at that they will need to pop out
    to defend the corner 3. That's why zone works with slimmer bigs. If anyone
    watched the Rockets / Nets game, Nets played quite a bit of zone. It's going to
    be a "thing" in the NBA.

I can see one of Banchero or Sengun being traded as one or the other
    is going to need more than 24 minutes eventually. Sengun fans are going to be pissed
    when he is traded. I'd like to avoid that if possible by just getting Jabari or Chet
    or Ivey.

#261 ApacheWarrior, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    roslolian, Denovo and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Right on! Great insight and perspective. I could totally see a path like the one you describe. Jalen WILL be the catalyst for wins moving forward and the guys we surround him with will be support staff. Im cool with loading up on defenders as long as there is still enough playmaking to avoid defenses crowding shooters.

Tfor3 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

agree

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Excellent post. Always enjoy hearing your perspective and bouncing off ideas or thoughts your way.

Verbal Christ and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I literally said there were a variety of posts from many posters, so no, I didn’t make your point

only reason I didn’t bring up all the other posts is because I’d already done so previously

a huge number of the Mobley fanbois were anti-Green…they’re also quick to put on a cape for KPJr and were oh so willing to excuse away his struggles while destroying Green for his

now hate posts are getting brushed away as “just trolling”…nah

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There are not 5 posters on here who destroy Green about anything.

And not 5 posters who cape for KPJ, you hate for him just makes you think anything said positive is caping.

Anyway, I am done on this topic, all the proof is there for anybody that actually wants to see it.

The Green as a victim thing is hilarious.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

COF
    CHET
    CHET
    CHET
    Am I a COF?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Alright who is now going to do the "KPOF's" thread now?

Anyways I'm sure many young women and a few men would love a JG and KPJ only fans.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

they switched to their burner accounts tbh.

roslolian likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

so u got nothing…U don’t even keep up with the threads, so why are u even talking like some authority?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I know you are by no means the best or the brightest, but are you actually attempting to compare me being skeptical about Jalen Green before the season.....thinking he was likely to be the player he was from October to the start of February in his first season rather than the player he was from the end of February to April.....to people outright throwing an absolute b**** fit over KPJ having an All Star caliber performance?

I've been absolutely thrilled about Jalen Green turning his season around at the end, you know, because I'm a Rockets fan.

That's very different than the knuckle draggers who cry their eyes out about KPJ during and after really good performances. Take a few minutes and try to think about it. I don't have much faith in you, but there's always hope. Good luck!

12. i3artow i3aller

If Jiggy turns up in a thread chances are he's only there to bicker

[​IMG]

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I said what I needed to say and nobody has proved me wrong, even you could not give examples that a ton of posters were dragging Green.

I never said I did not keep up with threads that's you moving the goal post, I said maybe I missed something and nobody has shown I have.

You seem to be the one that has nothing.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Isn't over 50% of all post here bickering?

So now stating a different point of view is bickering?

Let me get this straight, should I not give my opinion and not have a back and forth when defending my opinion?

I really don't understand why you think I am somehow doing anything different from most posters.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve literally brought up posts yesterday and many days ago from a wide variety of posters, u just missed them…so please, spare me the nonsense

this whole “Idk what’s been going on, but I’m here to argue with bad faith arguments and false statements just cuz” schtick is real tired

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I'm sure they could come up with examples of people criticizing Jalen Green for poor performances back when he was playing poorly.....and they are probably dumb enough to think that those would help their case that people are unfairly dragging Green.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Which are nowhere near as bad as the KMjSSOJ’SEANTOF’s

Aruba77, Tfor3, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can you do me a favor and link me to where this is happening? I've seen a few people reference it here in this thread, but I haven't seen it, and I also can't find it.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my opinion is that you should not give your opinion. but that's just like, um, my opinion, man

Tfor3 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Well its good I am not doing that.

I do know what's going on, and you have not proven that I don't.

Are you saying these "wide variety of post" are all saying Green was a bust or that he will never be a good player?

Because that is what I am pushing back against.

And this coming from the guy who takes every chance he can to **** on KPJ, oh the irony.

What about anything I have said has been in bad faith anyway.