1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's getting out of hand. Scarily reminiscent of LOF's...

2. my time to shine

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Lol. I knew the KPJ thread would trigger you.

4. sefril

sefril Member

You mean this guy?

34to11 likes this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Sigh

This is getting out of hand.

This is equally as bad a take and as “out of hand” as the “KPJ is envious of Jalen Green” thread which after 8 hours is still only 2 pages long with nearly every comment disagreeing with the premise.

Especially when considering which posters are pushing the Jalen Green only fan agenda. Guys who crapped on him for months because the wanted Evan Mobley.

topfive, 34to11, Tfor3 and 19 others like this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JGOF - It's a thing. Sure he's got major game, but there's clearly a group here who have lost all sense of perspective, and care for nothing else.
    Many of whom are actually worse, as they should know better.

DaDakota likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They've been that way since day 1..... and their guy turning his season around after the all star break did nothing to make them less cancerous. In fact, it may have made them worse.

Either way, Rockets fans should be able to enjoy the good news of this season despite the morons in the cult being so mindlessly toxic.

Plowman likes this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Not as bad as the KPJOF’s ;)

9. vator

A few, but I don’t think it’s an epidemic. People are excited about the shiny new toy. Let’s see how they are when the next big thing puts on a uniform. We sure as hell NEED a next big thing. KPJ is not a good barometer to judge. His play is polarizing. I stayed up hours listening to people arguing about him on Twitter Spaces.

Also, absolutely nothing compares to Lin only fans. That’s extreme hyperbole. Yao only fans and Tracy only fans were much worse too.

10. BonziWellsGOAT

Criticism of KPJ does not equal JGOF lol the envious thing is a bit ridiculous but people can see that Green is our most talented player and clearly should be the number 1 scoring option. Kpj clearly sees himself in that same light which imho clouds his in game decision making immensely.

34to11, Tfor3, Crashlanded19 and 5 others like this.
  11. vator

Exactly. This is just a basketball opinion. You may disagree, but there is a difference.

People who seriously think Jalen needs to shoot every time he touches the ball are weird. I’ll give you those.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly don't know why there is such a staunch fanbase for what essentially is the next Corey Brewer.

Hopefully Green can be a NBA level player in a few seasons.

Zen Tabak, hakeem94, 34to11 and 8 others like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just tables turned. Don't like your own medicine?

hakeem94, 34to11, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  14. vator

In the same sense that now that I’ve seen how dynamic KPJ and JG are as a 1-2 scoring punch, Wood has to go. He disrupts that too much and with diminishing returns.

Doesn’t mean I hate wood or that now I’m a KPJ and JG only fan. I definitely don’t see the triumvirate of Wood, KPJ, and JG as a winning fit as long as Wood thinks he’s the number one option. If he could either protect the paint or play effective perimeter defense maybe I’d feel differently. Actually I definitely would.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a direct correlation between the morons who think Jalen needs to take every shot and play every second of every game and the morons who whine about KPJ all night long when he scores 36 points on 63% TS%.... they are the same people.

blue_eyed_devil, vator and Plowman like this.
  16. fchowd0311

If the front office doesn't see Wood as nothing more than a trade asset at this point, I would be severely worried about our front office management. I was already perplexed at not trading EG before the treads deadline.

If Stone hints that Wood is part of this team's future, that is very foreboding that this team will be the next Kings for the 2020s.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's really not though.

I criticize players for poor performances no matter who they are and praise players for good performances no matter who they are.....ya know, because I'm a Rockets fan.

That's in no way similar to the cult throwing a b**** fit because KPJ had a really good game and it briefly overshadowed their diety who also had a really good game.

Plowman likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

Is there a correlation between people writing off a a rookie as a "Jordan Clarkson ceiling" over their first 2 months as a rookie guard at 19 years of age and not owning up to being absurd and toxic?

19. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah like it wouldn't matter if it wasn't kpj. Anyone in that role should look to feed the best scorer, it's really that simple. I complain about Tate doing the same stuff, he just doesn't have the ball in his hands as much. People really expect folks on here to treat the number 2 pick who in the last two months has shown he has number 1 scoring potential and has been living up to the pick the same as a mercurial journeyman player who, while talented, lacks any sort of self awareness on or off the court

slothy420 and Nelly like this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

c’mon, Plow. Really, there’s a group with a loss of perspective? Really? Perspective? There’s a group here who can’t spell ‘perspective’.