1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jews Fear for their lives in Europe. Moving to Israel in record numbers.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jan 23, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

'Innate intelligence' nor genetic predisposition was not what I implied.

I don't think it has much to do with 'fortunate circumstance' as you claim.

There is a strong correlation between the relative secular nature of the Jewish community as a whole and their success in the STEM fields relative to Muslim Ummah which is far less secular. I don't think it's just a mere correlation but rather a causation.

2. fchowd0311

Que?

Pointing out your blatant cognitive dissonance and double standards has nothing to do with my personal accomplishments even though you have no idea what they are.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's quite clear that in your case (and in Exiled's) it IS tacit or not-so-tacit approval.

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

The ironic thing is you're the only one who thinks that of me, while the vast majority of users here know of your Islamophobic tendencies.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meanwhile, America fires David Blatt and Europe would welcome him!

Who is anti-Semitic now?

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

If you combine China, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh.

There are a total of 15 Nobel laureates in the sciences.

That's 1/2 the Earth's population with less awards than Japan.

Wait, why is this being discussed again?

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't know but from my perspective it'd be great if we blacked away from this line of reasoning.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I agree.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nope.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

Most civilazations had their share of contributions to humankind before there was a Noble Prizes in 1901.

As remarkable Jewish community as of today and for the past maybe 100+ plus years ago, it was in pethetic situation for many centuries if not for most of their history.

One thing you may notice, they are some how similers to other middle Easterners in the sense they do well in other countries, but once they are in a dominants place of their own, they are no longer effiecent . the no.1 insult among Jews toward each others : you are a fraud jew?!

They are in survival mode now. Half of my colleagues are Jews, when it comes to hard

work,no one can stand a chance to do it more than them.

The same processes apply now to Palestinians, they are going to be the new Zionist at one point

BTW, recent studies related to the I.Q of children globaly, found Mexicans kids & Egyptians are on top of the chart. Why this gift can't be sustained is another question

11. Buck Turgidson

mmmmm.... delicious Hamgedon

[​IMG]

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Can't do it.

Its bad enough having to read RocketLegend's stupid opinions, but put Exiled into the mix?

Too much ignorance going on between the both of them to even begin to post on topic.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Not even remotely similar. One is simply a conservative poster, the other one (Exiled) is a raging lunatic follower of an extremist cult.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there is an increasing degree of uneasiness for jews in france/europe over the past decade -- i have friends in north america who don't even feel comfortable visiting europe for vacation anymore.

but with france specifically, there are other reasons behind the exodus. the horrible economy, and the recently installed 75% top tax rate.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

...[​IMG]

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

While Exiled is a moron, this is a really ridiculous statement. The name of one family is in the word Saudi Arabia.

An equivalent example would be if Donald Trump became king and renamed your country to Trumpy America.

If you think all Muslims are welcome in Saudi Arabia, you know much less about the Middle East than I expected.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Wow, it gets more ridiculous.

Of course they are better than Muslims in STEM fields, they have better education standards in Israel, America and Western Europe. Has nothing to do with their religion. Ironically, it's a ridiculously unscientific connection to make. Not to mention the Jewish winners are almost exclusively European immigrants so their parents had better education relative to their Muslim peers as well. Not to mention most Jews have far more of a say in how their schools are run, while most Muslims have little to no say in the matter.

The people with the most devastating army will always make the most scientific breakthroughs because they will have more money to spend on it. That's true of all phases of scientific discovery in history. That's why Muslims made all those breakthroughs when they were an empire. That's why they became almost unscientific when they became essentially slaves of the ottomans followed by the British and now Americans. Still, where you find military bases and money today, STEM education seems to be a notch better. Funny how that works right.

This is a really really ignorant post the way you've framed it here. I'm not even sure if you meant it that way, this post is very ATW-esque.

18. fchowd0311

Bull****. That's even more conjecture than my statement. Saudi, Turkey and Pakistan have more powerful militaries than several nations that churn on out more research and development in the STEM field than them.

No, there is one consistent correlation and that's the level of secularism in a region and the level of r&d in STEM.

#38 fchowd0311, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  19. fchowd0311

No, both are as equally delusional and insular but are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

It's like Sarah Palin vs Sheila Jackson.

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Really?

So how was this done when there were no secular countries?

And, Turkey was the most secular of Islamic countries prior to Erdogan, how come it didn't shoot them to the top?

Finally, which countries are more powerful militarily than Turkey and Pakistan?

Saudi is not military powerful in the sense I'm talking about except in the purchase of military equipment, unfortunately I can't get into a debate about that with you on a public forum.

Japan for example had a pacifistic policy until recently and still was military powerful enough and continues to be a star in STEM fields. The ability to wage war is more complicated than one or two factors, how do you not know this?