1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jewish Girls Dating Arabs Need Psychologists to Help Them Date Only Jews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 26, 2009.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Have you even read the Balfour Declaration, the British Mandate, and where all that originated from? It's hardly paranoid, it's just history.

Foreign Office,
    November 2nd, 1917.

Dear Lord Rothschild,
    I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet:
    "His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country".
    I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely
    Arthur James Balfour

2. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

No kidding, I can't honestly debate or discuss anything with a thread entitled "JEWISH girls dating arabs psychologists to help the date only JEWS" in a civil manner... especially when the thread is started by the horribly one-sided glynch followed by an angry mob of anti-Israel protesters.

When I was a teenager, my mother wouldn't talk to me until I broke up with the non-jewish girl I had been seeing. These things happen in every freaking culture.

I'm out of this anti-Jewish thread. Nice timing btw during the holiest part of the jewish year a-hole.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is the title of the article.

Israel's Fear of Jewish Girls Dating Arabs; Team of Psychologists to "Rescue" Women

Angry mob of anti-Israel protesters? Wha? You're just being a drama queen. You provided no substantive defense of the topic other than to continue to attack glynch as a Jew hater, claim every culture does it, and to claim it's awfully mean to critique Isreal during holidays.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With all due respect you are playing the victim here rather than facing the issues.

Is it being anti-Jewish to point out such things as this?
    [rquoter]In a related development, the Israeli media reported this month that residents of Pisgat Zeev, a large Jewish settlement in the midst of Palestinian neighbourhoods in East Jerusalem, had formed a vigilante-style patrol to stop Arab men from mixing with local Jewish girls.

Hostility to intimate relationships developing across Israel's ethnic divide is shared by many Israeli Jews, who regard such behaviour as a threat to the state's Jewishness. One of the few polls on the subject, in 2007, found that more than half of Israeli Jews believed intermarriage should be equated with "national treason."

Since the state's founding in 1948, analysts have noted, a series of legal and administrative measures have been taken by Israel to limit the possibilities of close links developing between Jewish and Arab citizens, the latter comprising a fifth of the population.
    [/rquoter]

I personally believe Israel has a right to exist and that Jews should be free of bigotry but at the same time I don't believe pointing out where Israeli society and law engages in such unsavory actions that smack of segregation is anti-Semitism.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Ottomaton,

Didn't you say that we are not clear about what weapons they hold?

So you think the lack of clarity is a bluff?

I don't agree but I can see that as a valid opinion I guess.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't know with surety what nuclear weapons anybody holds. Best estimates by the people who make their career out of that sort of thing is 60-80. That is right in line with Pakistan and India.

Based on the measured data from the joint test they did with South Africa, there are some people who believe that they've never tested a completely successful design, along the same lines as North Korea.

I don't think you will be able to find a single professional observer who believes that Israel can come anywhere close to wiping out all life on earth several times over.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

1) From Wiki:

From US Congress Office of "Technology Assessment, Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction":
    2) I agree with you that some people believe that. As the bombs are within a few thousand kilometers of where I live, I am a bit more pessimistic than those people. Along with the joint test with South Africa, I tend to also look at the history of Israel's weapons arsenal which has almost without exception shown that, technologically, it will be more impressive than you thought and leave you wondering how that's possible.

Personally, I don't think a country goes around building 100 weapons unless they are sufficiently confident with what they are doing. But again, I'm obviously very pessimistic.

3) Agree, I was exagerating. A couple of hundred is no joke though, especially with a country that has routinely shown an overaggressive mentality with weapons .

I don't know why we're discussing this, I've unfortunately completely abandoned the thread subject (my apologies to OP) and we're discussing numbers that no one really knows. Not sure if either of us is getting anything out of this...

1 person likes this.
  8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Would hit this Jew.

[​IMG]

Fine piece like that, how can you expect an arab not to hit? :D

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member