1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jewish Girls Dating Arabs Need Psychologists to Help Them Date Only Jews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 26, 2009.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I don't think this is accurate. I am against Israel as a state in which Jews have superior civil rights to Arabs. I'm sorry I am sort of American in the way I view this. I do think it was wrong for Euro Jews to go and take over Arab land, for the most part by armed force and ethnic cleansing, but that is an old story. Most of the Jews who live there were not responsible for that act. They live there, but so do the Palestinians. I just think that the Jews should stop trying, as they have actively for 40 years, to expand the land they have taken and I also think that they should live in a state in which all religions/etnicities have the same rights. I do think the arc of history is against the type of type of pseudo-apatheid state that Israel seems to be evolving too and so do a substantial, though perhaps minority of Jews.

Claims that all criticisms of Israel are anti-Israel or anti-semitic are not going to forever camouplage the injustices of Israel.

2. LScolaDominates

You're conflating a number of different events and confusing the issue. Please provide evidence for the claim that "Zionist Jews...plotted for decades to take...land from Arabs." TIA.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

nah i've already seen this back n forth circular argument style from u enough in the past couple years here.......nothing's been conflated nor confused u're just incredibly dense :D

4. Ari

Ari Member

Is that really the only way though? How about establishing a viable Palestinian state so they can settle there? I saw Bibi talking about how well the West Bank economy is doing now that the IDF has started to roll back its heavy handed presence in the territory, and that a few more years of stability and Ramallah may actually start to rival many Arab capitals as a thriving metropolis. Don't you think the best chance Israel can remain Jewish AND democratic is by helping create a parallel state to ease the demographic nightmare?

I am not saying it is not complicated, clearly it is, I am however saying that Israel can do something about it. But alas, the stubborn zealots on both sides are helping make sure that the only viable option available down the road is a one-state solution, where Israel will indeed cease to be a Jewish state. I can understand the Palestinians holding out for that dream, but why is Israel not doing everything in its power to make sure a two state solution succeeds? All to please a bunch of raving lunatics and religious fanatics that insist on building settlements? :confused:

5. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

1. Any type of segregation is wrong.

2. Your article has more to do with rabbis and local community/private organizations than national Israeli policy. My point being, you have a problem with Jewish culture in Israel... not Israel. Do I think it's right? No, but that's how Orthodox jews are.

3. In Judaism, marriage outside the religion is considered one of the biggest sins you can commit in life... especially if you convert out. I'm sure this is the same in many many religions/cultures.

4. Haven't we had enough war to continue to point the finger at one side? I'm not going to post (again) the television programming that is put Palestinian TV. There is a lot of hate and disgust on both sides. Your one-sided articles and accusations are going to do NOTHING.

5. You are right in that not all anti-Israeli criticisms are anti-Semitic... but you fail that in this thread. You can try again or we can debate on how to fix the situation where both sides make sacrifices instead of demanding the same things over and over again while achieving no peace.

6. LScolaDominates

The whole move-the-goalposts-then-run-away-when-called-on-it shtick is so tired.

7. LScolaDominates

Israel cannot be both a Jewish state and a democratic one. It's a contradiction in terms. Forget about the two-state solution. How do you deal with non-Jewish Israelis? You can either remove them by force, strip them of their nominal citizenship, or accept the possibility that they will one day be a majority (i.e. the existential threat I referred to in a previous post).

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

My statement:

"Will not be attacked" >> See Jordan, Egypt

"Will always be handsomely armed" >> See Syria, Lebanon

I don't think we disagree. I do believe that those countries attacked without knowledge of what they were up against. I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone at that time who thought Israel stood a chance versus 4 countries. However, Israel were miraculously in possession of tremendous amounts of millitary technology seemingly overnight.

To be clear, what I am saying here is that Israel's millitary strength was a surprise to everyone but a few governments. That is why those countries attacked aggressively and fairly confidently.

An interesting dynamic is the relative non-existence of Gulf Arab support. A quick skim through the leadership history of Gulf States just before the war(s) is an interesting, if not definitive, perspective.

Once their millitary strength became apparent, then yes, those countries persisted with knowledge that they were at a huge disadvantage. But that is historically a common trait of Arab warfare. It's the "God will give us a miracle when we fight the non-believers" mentality. I agree that it doesn't make sense. But that doesn't mean it is not true.

Just like it is true that Jews carry mental scars from the holocaust. It is probably true that those scars drive some of their behavior. But does it make sense for a government to make decisions based on those now-irrational insecurities? Absolutely not.

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

But what is being done about it?

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'm equally confused. Clearly I've heard all the conspiracy theories and biased opinions. But why is this question not officially answered?

You make a great point here. A point which, if addressed, can seriously open the path to peace.

It seems to me that engulfing the Palestinians into Israel and controlling them (segregation, etc) is more secure for the state of Israel than allowing them to share a border as an independent country with independent decisions. At the same time, I think Israel is unsure of whether that is the best way to go.

I can't see a situation where Israel in any way, shape or form gives a damn about these people's well-being. Unfortunately, I also can't see all "Arab Israelis" living in peace knowing their country was dissolved and gifted to someone else.

Where are Palestinians supposed to go? I've always wondered what people tink about this. What exactly do people expect will happen to Palestinian refugees?

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

oh i'm still here....it's just that your question has already been answered on the previous page.......i provided a reference to edmond james de rothschild's organization whose primary goal was to acquire lands in then arab palestine.....some of the other zionist leaders who were sort of the fathers or architects of the return of the jewish diaspora would include his brother walter rothschild, chaim weizmann, nahum sokolow just to name a few......these leaders worked for decades to help form the jewish state, which implicitly involved having to displace the people who were already occupying the holy land so that this land could be used by the new jewish population.....if you continue refusing to process and visualize the obvious then what more can i tell you :D

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Israel has done an extra-super job of mythologizing exactly how powerful their military is (and as an adjunct exactly how omniscient and powerful Mossad is). In college, I had a Jewish friend who was convinced that Israel could go to war with the USA and win.

Israel had their @ss handed to them by Hizballah in Lebanon in 2006. Israel was no more than the breadth of a hair away from being defeated in ’48. They were out-gamed in 1973 and if the attackers had been a bit more organized and smart, they could have won. Israel for most of it's existance has been far from invincible.

The constant victories really say more about the ineptitude of the Arab regimes. Before ’73, it would have been very possible for Israel to have been totally defeated and made nonexistent. Since then, I agree not so much. But US military support essentially is the fault of the Arab regimes as well. The US was neutral with respect to Israel until the Arabs started to cozy up to the Soviet Union in the middle of the cold war. During the Suez war in ’56, the US was talking about extremely punitive sanctions against Israel and was closer to supporting Nasser than the Israelis. Once the Arab states made themselves into Soviet proxies, US support for Israel was pretty much automatic.

1 person likes this.
  13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Israelis are pretty racist. Jewish ones, Russian ones, Arab ones -- they are all pretty racist. They don't like each other, they don't like the African refugees, they don't like East Asians. They make racist comments that sound like something out of the 50's. The word "Filipino," for example, literally means someone who is a maid or takes care of old people, even if they aren't actually from the Philippines.

Of course, that isn't everyone, but I still feel like the majority (and especially the religious) are at least half a century removed from the reality of the world's social progress. I'd say that race as an issue is one of the biggest problems I encounter here, and at this point I find myself baiting them when they start saying really ignorant ****. Some of the most smug lefties I know squirm when they see photos of my black nieces and nephews.

I won't even talk about the nasty way they treat my drummer ( a refugee from Africa).

Petach Tikva, by the way, is the Orange County of Israel. Everyone makes fun of it. If you own a dog, you have to get the dog's DNA registered so if the city find a turd on the sidewalk, the send it to a lab and send a bill in the mail. I once dated a girl from there. She stopped liking me when she took a good look at my family tree.

It's changing, slowly, but as long as people vote for people like Netanyahu, it's still going to be stuck in 1967 here.

1 person likes this.
  14. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Good post Deji. I sometimes find it amazing how my grandmother and some of her friends still talk when it comes to race. I'll be sure to never date a girl from Petach Tikva (although they are probably better looking than the jewish dating pool of houston ;) )

I think that the most persecuted races/religions/cultures tend to be the most racist and ignorant as a whole.

As LScolaDominates put it earlier, Israel has done some shameful things and have some shameful racist policies. Does this justify all the hate, conspiracy theories and propaganda? I think all that just adds more fuel to the fire.

15. LScolaDominates

You're still confusing a number of seperate issues, but I'll ignore that for now in light of your continued failure to comprehend the argument at hand.

The original claim was that Jews "plotted for decades" to take land from Arabs. The fact that Jewish philanthropic organizations helped resettle persecuted Jews in Israel (as well as other places) does not constitute a plot to steal Arab land. Evidence for the former claim does not in any way support the latter. In other words, stop pushing this paranoid crap until you're ready to substantiate it.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice post. I'll add that Israel's quick victory in 1967 was a huge surprise. They could very well have lost that conflict had they not attacked first. That made all the difference. And your comment about US support is also accurate. The US wasn't eager to give Israel military aid in the 1950's through much of the 1960's. And when the US did begin to give Israel significant military aid, aid that had offensive capabilities, it was in response to Soviet military aid to countries like Egypt, not out of some altruistic desire to "support Israel with arms."

17. Ari

Ari Member

That is just depressing :(

That is quite a statement on the human condition. Maybe we all deserve to live in this hell of our own making, after all. Well earned I would say.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

aside from the fact that the original claim was "Zionist Jews" and not just "Jews" (big difference) as you have written here, how exactly do you surmise that the resettlement took place when there were already arabs living in the holy land?

you must really believe that the entire Israeli state as of '48 was just drawn up with borders the night before and then at that time the Arabs all parted with what they considered their own personal property ever so easily......maybe they even left the light on for them newcomer Jewish Settlers like a Motel 6 would.......or a chocolate mint under the pillow like the Ritz Carlton :D

according to your alternate reality it in fact wasn't several decades in the making and it wasn't carefully choreographed by Zionist leaders and financiers, and the Balfour Declaration wasn't even a letter addressed "Dear Lord Rothschild" :D

and even afterwards, Ben-Gurion and Peres did not cleanse out the Galilee by having the army forcibly remove Arabs to make land available for Jewish settlement......in fact, those Arabs just left of their own free will with smiles stretched out from ear to ear......in fact, they actually paid the Israeli government to take that land off of their hands for them :D

19. LScolaDominates

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that there were Arabs living on every square foot of Palestine from 1882 onward. I suppose the Zionist Jews were also plotting for decades to steal land from other Jews living in Palestine at the time.

Let me restate my position again: the fact that various Jewish organizations aided in the emigration of diasporic Jews to Palestine is not sufficient to prove the existence of a decades-long conspiracy to steal Arab land. This should be a relatively easy point to understand.

That there's a straw man if I've ever seen one.

Another straw man. This is also a good illustration of why one should be more careful with language. The "it" to which you refer as being "several decades in the making" is presumably the formation of the state of Israel, but the claim in dispute is about the theft of Arab land, not the partition itself. It's not even a subtle distinction, and your own link showed how Jews could settle in Palestine without stealing Arab land.

And you close with an even more ridiculous straw man. You know, making stupid arguments and punctuating them with smileys only makes you look like an idiot.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

those "various" organizations were led and spearheaded by prominent Zionists, who working together over a period of decades, acquired and secured land for settlement of the Jewish Diaspora - by appropriation mandated by other states, by outright normal purchase with hard cold cash, and yes by outright stealing....

stealing some portions of that land from the Arabs who were already there was an obvious inevitability for these heads of the Zionist movement.....obvious because not every Arab was willing to leave his/her land of his/her own volition.......their land had to be taken by force....

and you keep skirting this reality in all your posts with never-ending semantics games like this is mock debate 101 at UT......u are turning me into an anti-semantic!! :D :D :D