1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jewish Girls Dating Arabs Need Psychologists to Help Them Date Only Jews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Sep 26, 2009.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

So what do you feel about China/Korea vs. Japan situation? There are still a lot of scars remaining there (grand parents lived through that period) and should China and Korea have some leeway if they decided to be more anti-Japanese?

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The UN had everything to do with those building the settlements being there in the first place.

3. Refman

You do not have to agree with a sentiment or even condone it to be able to see where it might come from.

When you have an answer other than "they are wrong," you might actually be able to go about changing things.

If all you say is "that is just wrong," you have no chance of things getting better.

4. Ari

Ari Member

Funny you say that, it is that exact same logic that Palestinians use to justify their use of terrorism against Israel.

See where that might be a problem?

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Is that really the exact same logic they use?

6. Refman

That is a very good point.

I have said over and over again throughout the years that there is a lot of work that needs to be done in the region. There is not any single group that is doing things 100% right.

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

That seem reasonable, and your last post in response to Ari was well wrote. I think I share the same sentiment, no country/nation/race haven't got some crap on their hands. When bad things happen instead of thinking retaliation, finding out why the hate is there is the most important thing.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Zionist Jews had plotted for decades to take that land from Arabs. It wasn't just some random UN thing. It's amazing to me how Americans see slavery talk and reparations as victimhood but they eat up the Holocaust and support for Israel. We didn't partition half of the Confederacy and kick white southerners out of their homes for black people the way we did for Israel.

This is also where we get into a discussion of the power of the Jewish lobby. It's somehow taboo to accurately portray the Jewish lobby and power structure in this country. The things we have done for Israel, a self-proclaimed religious state, are a complete outrage. These acts they commit are on our dime and we're ultimately responsible for it and that's really why "they" hate us.

9. Refman

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it also has a lot to do with our military presence in Saudi Arabia.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are right but if you want to draw a chain of causality back to 1948 but after that the UN's role pretty much ended. Your reasoning would be like blaming the French for Wounded Knee since without the French help the US might not have gained independence to have a cavalry troops massacring Indians more than a 100 years later.

The UN was responsible for the creation of Israel but it created Israel within a specific set of borders that Israel chose to expand out of. That's Israel's fault not the UN's. In fact there are General Session resolutions against building settlements.

11. LScolaDominates

This would be a good point if you weren't so utterly wrong about the origin of racist anti-miscegenation sentiment. It has nothing to do with the trauma of the Holocaust upon the Jewish people and everything to do with the existence of an ethnic state where non-Jews are treated as second-class citizens. The state of Israel demands of its supports an unquestioning loyalty to its own imperialist legacy--a support reflected deeply in law as well as in extra-legal behavior like settlement building

12. eckostylez

eckostylez Member

No?

There's over 50 UN resolutions condemning the illegal settlements in the Palestinian territories (especially including East Jerusalem).

13. Ari

Ari Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but did not the Saudis effectively evict American troops from their country a few years ago?!

14. Ari

Ari Member

I am not sure I follow, can you expand on that a bit? Sorry I am a bit slow today

15. LScolaDominates

Dude... what the hell are you talking about? Please provide evidence that "Zionist Jews...plotted for decades" to displace Arabs from their land (The Protocols of the Elders of Zion doesn't count). And the partition had nothing to do with said displacement--that was a result of independent Jewish militias partaking in the deplorable excesses of war.

I'm not going to say that there isn't a reactionary element of the American Jewish population that refuses to entertain any rational criticism of Israel and Israeli policy--there is, and AIPAC actively promotes those attitudes within the Jewish community (and also within the evangelical Christian community...but that's another story). However, there is also a tendency towards paranoid portrayals of the "Jewish lobby" that ignore a wide difference of opinion amongst the actual Jewish community. That paranoia, which you dabbled in with your comment that Americans "eat up the Holocaust"--what do you mean by that, exactly?--frankly scares me. Anti-Zionism is a perfectly legitimate position to take, and one with which I have sympathy. But it is also a position that is often used as a shroud for anti-semitism.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I would assume CometsWin means Israel wasn't just formed overnight in '48. It was a half century process to return the Jewish Diaspora to the Holy Land, spearheaded by many influential Zionist leaders and financiers, like PICA for instance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine_Jewish_Colonization_Association

17. LScolaDominates

Israel is a Jewish state where Jews enjoy certain exclusive rights and privileges, both explicitly in its law and implicitly in its social dynamics. Non-Jews in Israel therefore present an existential threat to that ethnic primacy by their very presence. The only way for Israel to remain a Jewish state is by suppressing the emergence of any non-Jewish democratic movements.

18. LScolaDominates

And how does this in any way show that "Zionist Jews had plotted for decades to take that land from Arabs?"

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Well they wanted to make a Jewish state there, even though there were obviously people (Arabs) already living there, meaning they wanted to take the land from those Arabs. Whether they bought all the land fair and square or just forcibly moved the Arabs - I dunno it's probably some combination of both.

20. Ari

Ari Member

Ok, maybe not the exact same, but you catch my drift. It is easy to try and find a motivation behind why people act a certain way. There is almost always a logic behind it, but just because it makes sense it does not mean that it is OK. It is understandable but not justifiable.